Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. It's raining again.

No plans for me today. Hubby out for a couple of hours later.

Not expecting any visitors today, we had visitors yesterday afternoon.

Dinner is chicken and bacon lattice , mashed potatoes and veg, oh and gravy.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning all
      It's another cold morning but at least it's not raining.....yet

Tesco delivery this morning and I have to go out and collect prescription from pharmacy, apart from that we don't have anything planned.

Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Good morning Nan2, Mimi and everyone else.

The sun is shining and it's NOT RAINING!!
        No school run today as it dental check up for GS2. I am however babysitting for GS1 at his house this evening as his mum is going out with friends for her pre birthday meal. Her birthday is tomorrow and she and GS will be going to London for the day. I think we are watching a Jurassic World movie together tonight
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone

Gem
          Weather is the same here , Storm is in the garden basking in the little sun we have 😀

GS sounds a little sweetheart , of course he’s an Angel for grandma and less so for parents little tinker 😆

Daisy
          I know what you mean by the perfect poo pick up 🤣🤣
          Pity you didn’t get to the garden centre but not a pleasant journey when it’s raining that hard,
          Have J & DS put glass in the greenhouse yet ?

Mimi
          Sometimes the unplanned day turns out to be hectic, fingers crossed you get a peaceful day x

Nanto
          I like those Chicken & Bacon lattice just slightly warm not hot with a nice Salad , B thinks I’m weird 😁

Plant
          Did you get out yesterday?
          I was reading about that baby that fell into the river and thought about H falling in ,
          I bet your GD felt sick at the thought of it when she heard about it ,
          Shows how quickly and easily these things happen .

WG
          We like to watch Rick Stein although as he cooks a lot of fish and I’m allergic we could never recreate his recipes,
          What a day you had in Cambridge, but at least you got done what was needed

I am very tired today spent most of the night downstairs , restless legs make my knees hurt so I can’t rest ,
          Went to bed at 5am and managed to fall straight to sleep till 7am

I think a Nana nap after lunch will be on he cards,
          I need to clean the tiles in my kitchen but they only take 5 minutes so get that job done and out of the way ,
          The house is clean and tidy so no real need to do anything today.

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We have sunshine too Gemini, a bit watery. Enjoy your film with GS1.

Nanto, a quiet day for you, I am sure you will keep busy. Chicken casserole in the slow cooker for me today.

Mimi, a quiet day for you, I am sure you will find something to keep you busy.

Will pop back later.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I hope you get that nap Oma. I was up in the night with appalling heartburn. It woke me up and was horrible. A few Gaviscon, water and sitting up a bit finally got rid of it.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh what had you eaten that could have set it off Gem?
                Heartburn is horrible isn’t it xxx

Comment

Good Friday morning, everyone. It's cold, but, yippeeeee, it's not raining.

Gem, what a lovely little lad baby E is. I can just imagine him putting his cup carefully on to a coaster. I'm sure his Mum and Dad hope his tidyness habit lasts into the teen years. He'd have a field day taking my OH's phone to him - he always leaves it in the hall, then can't hear it! Heartburn is horrible. Have you worked out what caused it? Isn't it great to look out of the window and see a bit of blue sky and sun. I hope DD has a lovely evening out with her friends. I'm sure GS1 is excited about his trip to London tomorrow. Where will they go? Enjoy your Jurassic World movie tonight.

Nanto, I love the graphic - it looks so warm and cheery. Chicken and bacon lattice pie sounds delicious. I hope the rain stops for when your OH goes out.

Mimi, similar here - Sainsbury delivery already been. It's nice having a day where you can just go with the flow.

Oma, I'm sure I was far more pleased with Eva's "present" yesterday than she was! . The greenhouse is very much a work in progress. I think they're hoping to get at least some of the glass in today. The bad weather has slowed things down, but DS2 is very keen to get his seedlings out there before he has to start potting them on. What a dreadful night you had. You'll need that nap later.

Plant, any news yet on when you can get your furniture into your new sun room? You must be looking forward to getting it all finished. Enjoy our chicken casserole.

As I said, we've had Sainsburys this morning. I caused absolute chaos by not knowing what date it was and kept rejecting things that were perfectly ok. Then I realised and took them all back. In my defence, well ... I don't have one. Just a senior moment. . OH will be out all day at DS2's so I'm going to get a load of washing on then start painting!
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gemini, sorry to hear you had an attack of heartburn in the night, I wonder what you ate to cause that. Your GS3 sounds a little charmer.

Daisy, sounds like the greenhouse will be ready soon for those seedlings. I hope you get some painting done this time.

Oma, sorry you had a bad night, nanna nap for you today. I didn’t get out yesterday, the rain put me off. National Trust meeting today and the sun is shining, hope it lasts. I am not in a rush to get the furniture into the sunroom, I don’t want muddy feet in there, it has to be carried across the grass. This one is octagonal, not sure how the sofa will fit.

My DD has just been in checking when my Drs appointment was next week, I have been a bit breathless lately so thought I should get it checked out. I know I have a heart murmur. DD thinks she should come with me, she likes to know about my health first hand. We shall see.
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant I think having your DD with you may be a good idea. We often forget everything we are told, or the other person may think of something else to ask the Dr. It's your choice though.

Oh dear re Sainsbury's and dates Daisy!! We all have these moments

A fine sunny day with no rain did I say??
                      Well it was earlier and is now but we had a total downpour this morning when we were out. And washing was on the line
                      We went into the village for a couple of things. We then drove to M£S and visited the foodhall and OH tried a couple of tops but didn't buy one .

DD is heading out in about an hour so I will be eating my meal early before I go.

No reccurrance of the heartburn thank goodness. We had basa fillets with black pepper breadcrumb coating which we have had more than once before and like. With it we had just mash and veg, so it must have been the fish coating . It wasn't spicy so it's a puzzle.

Comment

Gem, i get heartburn,its awful.

I tried the dress on this morning and the length is perfect.

Oma, glad Storm is better.

Plant, can't do any harm having DD with you at your appointment.

Comment

Plant, I agree with the others. It's very helpful to have someone with you for a doctor's/hospital appointment. It's hard to remember everything that is said.

Gem, typical the rain comes when you're out and so is the washing! We had one very sharp shower mid-afternoon. I was just about to take Eva out, but we waited and the rain only lasted a few minutes. It's gone muc colder, though.

Oma, did Storm enjoy his day with you? (Silly question!)

Greenhouse building has gone well today. The frame is up, so glazing starts tomorrow if it's not raining.

I did do some painting today. I gesso'd the biggest canvas I've ever done this morning - 40 x 40 cm (just over 15" square) and this afternoon I started to paint. I want to make it sort of Impressionist- or slightly abstract-style. Something I've never tried before, so it's all trial and error - and I think there will be lots of error!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy
                            He was quiet today not quite 100% , he ate Chicken and rice for dinner but feed his yoghurt and he never refuses that ,
                            I had a Nana nap after lunch I had a good hour and he lay down by the sofa and slept as long,
                            Seemd better after he had a short bread biscuit .

Comment

Poor Storm. You can't help worrying about dogs like him and Eva if they're off their food. Eva left her breakfast one day, so I switched to giving her 4 small meals a day with yoghurt before each one. She's back to normal food now, although I'm still not giving her anything too rich.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Cold and frosty this morning.

Going into town this morning, meeting DS2.
                                Calling in M&S and Homebargains first. They are about a 5 minute drive from town.
                                We won't be having dinner in town today, as we are out for someone's 60th birthday meal tonight.

Hope Eva and Storm are back to normal soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X