Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen Dr he thinks it’s a build up of lactose acid in the muscle ,
    gave me a low dose of quinine to try for a couple of weeks to boost circulation, got to take it at night before bed.

If that doesn’t work got to go back and will probably do a scan.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Hopefully that will work Oma x
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hope it works for you, might help your restless legs
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Hope the quinine works Oma.

Its been a day of sunshine with an odd shower or two and a very cold wind.
          Washed a load of darks and they had a couple of hours in the breeze before it rained.

Had visitors today,that we didn't expect, but was nice to see them.

Coffee time now,then hubby has somethings to do on the computer and i'll be watching some tv.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

The power problems seem to be sorted by late morning. But I will have to get the instruction book out to find out how to reset the clock on the cooker!

Oma, I didn't realise that quinine was a prescribed drug! I love the taste of it in tonic water, although I think there is a very tiny amount in there. I hope Plant is right and it helps your restless legs as well as the pain.

Mimi, you did well to get your washing on the line today. I'd have had to staple it on, it's been so windy, and bitterly cold. Well done on walking without your stick, but as Gem says, be careful.

Nanto, I somehow knew you would have some visitors! I hope you had a lovely time. Did your washing dry?

Lizzie, I should think you'd need home-made lemon drizzle cake after a meeting to discuss new tax rules. I bet it was delicious, and not a crumb left. xx. Do you have to book your Aqua class in advance?

Gem, both your Aqua classes sound fun, but there are more laughs on a Monday I should think. Oooh, I love hotcross buns. I've got a friend who absolutely adores them and years ago you could only buy them in the run up to Easter, so I used to put some in the freezer for her to give her as her birthday cake - her birthday is July! The Portugese tarts sound lovely.

I did a few odd jobs this morning, like cleaning the kitchen. OH was pottering in the garage and drying his car out - it's still leaking! I had a quick go at a little watercolour painting this afternoon (picture on WeeGranny's thread - sorry for hijacking it, WG) and then took Eva out. It was blowing a gale and neither of us was very happy! It was quite a short walk today.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning, Daisy, usually we don't have to book our aqua lessons, I have a pass for the Monday lessons, we pay at the start of the course, each course is split by the school holidays. With helping each Monday with the coffee etc for a few weeks, I have got permission to go to the Wednesday lesson, 25 people are allowed in for each lesson so I will see tomorrow if that includes me.

I can't remember the last time I ate hot cross buns! We visited my parents at Easter 1983 so it could have been then, it was the last time we saw my father as he died a few months later.

I have just seen the forecast for today, hopefully better than yesterday!

Comment

Good morning one and all.
                When we got up, the sky looked like it was on fire, very red.

Jobs for today are cleaning the bathroom, getting the towels washed and some ironing to be done.

I like hot cross buns but hubby not bothered about them. I buy a packet and put them in the freezer. I just take one at a time out.

Pizza for dinner, requested by hubby.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Frost overnight

Nan2, that's a good way with the hot cross buns when only you eat them.

Lizzie,our aqua class limits are 32 I think, possibly more. The Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes are always booked up. I have to be online when booking opens at 10pm on the night a week before to get a place ! Tuesday and Thursday ( when I can't go!) are slightly less popular.

I must go and look at your artwork Daisy!

Library this morning, GS1 from school.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I have a dentist appt this morning and a doctors appt this afternoon. DD and sil have had a puppy being trained for the blind overnight. I didn’t go through, there was a lot of opening and shutting doors. I believe it was only for one night.

Nanto, must try your idea of freezing hot cross buns.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning, everyone.

It's a cold and frosty one here, but at least it's not raining as well.

I'll pop back later for a catch up. x
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning everyone

Nanto
                        I freeze hot cross buns too they so easy to defrost.

Its clear and bright but very cold ,
                        We went to Sainsburys this morning, bumped into our Elderly neighbours so had a chat and catch up ,
                        We then went to Pets at home ,
                        Bought a nice new bed for Storm not as expensive as I had geared myself up for so a bonus.

Not much planned for today see what the day brings,

Forgot to say I bought a new handbag too, 😁
                        Last edited by Oma; 27-02-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Another Haaaaand Baaaag! Oma?

Comment

I bought a new bag when we were in Wakefield,just over a week ago.

Sunny but cold today.

Not had any visitors today yet!

Window cleaner has been, so don't be surprised if it rains later today or tomorrow.

Comment

I’m afraid so Plant 😁
                              Its a while since I bought one so I don’t feel too guilty 😇

Comment

I've read all your posts, but too exhausted to reply properly today (see YEO). I might try and get an early night. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X