Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Chat Day by Day

Welcome to September and a warm welcome to our new thread for our day-to-day chats.

GransRus
    run by Grandmothers for Grandmothers

Good morning.

Had a bit of rain during the night. Don't know what the forecast is for today.

Yesterday we pulled the last of the rhubarb, some is in the freezer, but some in the fridge so im going to make a couple of pies and a couple of crumbles.

Must do the ironing as well.

I'm thinking pizza for dinner.

Wishing you a good start to the new month.

Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Raining here atm. I have to go to the hospital to collect some tablets today, apart from that, no real plans. Miserable weather.

Will pop back later.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Happy New Chat Box!
        Thank you for setting this up Daisy.

Cute naughty kitty ruining the blinds Nan2!

Raining here today, better forecast tomorrow.
        GS2 is on his way. We will have a morning at home then off for the bus into town for the Chocolate Story this afternoon.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning ladies
          Its overcast but dry for now.
          We went to Farmfoods this morning , when GS comes back from Amsterdam he wants Duck so that’s what we got 😁

I had a really bad night sleep wise so I’m tired today , got washing done it’s in the tumble , it’s forecast showers up here so I’m not bothering putting it out .

Gem
          enjoy today I’m sure GS will , maybe some chocolate will find it’s way into his tummy at some point 😁

Daisy
          Thank you for the new thread 🥰

Nanto
          lovely Rhubarb,
          we were in Morrisons yesterday and I was going to buy some but it didn’t look fresh,the last of the crop by the looks of it.

Plant,
          Enjoy you free day go with the flow 😁
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Made a rhubarb pie and a crumble,in the freezer now.
            Ironing has been done and put away.
            Maybe i will have free afternoon.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm far too late to say "Good Morning"!

It's a much better day here today and the sun is shining now, so Plant, it will hopefully find its way to you as well.

Nanto, Hello to your kitty friend who looks full of mischief. How lovely to have home-grown rhubarb - I've never had any luck with it.

Oma, what kept you awake last night? I bet GS is looking forward to his tea tonight.

Gem I'm sure you will both enjoy the Chocolate Story this afternoon, and I hope you can both sample the goodies. Have fun.

Plant, was this your local hospital, not all the way to Stoke Mandeville? You wonder why the local pharmacist can't supply the tablets to save you a journey.

It's been 'one of those mornings' for us. Sainsbury's arrived early and I'd just got out of the shower, so the poor man was treated to the sight of me in my fluffy dressing gown looking like a drowned rat. OH did the bins while I put the shopping away. We had breakfast and I was just about to start defrosting the chest freezer when we had an unexpected visitor. Defrosting now complete and I'm waiting for OH to dry the bottom of the freezer, which I can't quite reach. But OH is busy changing passwords after he got an email saying one of his contacts had been hacked. At least the washing is out on the line and drying.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, I was on some other tablets for years but they were not controlling my Atrial Fib. so I decided to see the top man at the private hospital, he did a very quick examination and told me to stop those tablets and he would prescribe something else. I presume they are not available from our surgery. Anyway they seem to done the job, so I ring the Cardiology Dept at our local hospital and they send a prescription down to their Pharmacy and I can pick it up from there. No sunshine here yet Daisy.

Comment

Plant, I do hope the n ew tablets give you better control of the AF. Let us know how you get on with them. x
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

So sorry Daisy, I misled you, I have been on these tablet for some years now.

Comment

Daisy GS isn’t back till tomorrow but will be coming during week at some point.
                      Hes sent some good photos , Didnt send the ones when they visited the sex museum to his Gran though she wouldn’t appreciate them 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Plantaholic View Post
                        So sorry Daisy, I misled you, I have been on these tablet for some years now.
                        Plant, I'm easily mislead!!

Oma, Sorry I thought he was back today, but that's because I keep thinking today is Saturday, not Friday. At this rate I could end up in Birmingham a day early!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning. Looks a bit cloudy but it's dry.

Daisy, sounds like you had a bit of a day yesterday.

We are going to the farm shop today, then onto the garden centre. Their new butchers is open now, so we will see what its like.
                          ​​​​Then pop into Asda on the way home. I just need some eggs and milk. Don't need anything before shopping is delivered next Thursday.

Thats my day taken care of.
                          Last edited by Nanto2girls; 02-09-2023, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Good Saturday morning everyone.

We've gat watery sunshine, so I hope it's enough to dry the bedding outside.

Nanto, are you treating yourselves to lunch at the garden centre as well? I hope the new butchers is good.

I've got a bit of ironing to do, and packing for tomorrow. The weather forecast looks good, but not sure if we can trust it!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning Ladies
                              Its overcast but dry

Nanto
                              hope the butchers is good but you won’t know till you have tried the products.

Daisy
                              I am packing my blue waterproof Mac and a cardigan just incase but it’s supposed to be nice .

D&J picking up Storm about 10.30 I will then go see to cats before we go for MIL to take her for lunch ,
                              She hasn’t rang yet to say she’s not going so fingers crossed.

GS1 home today so he can see to cats from now .

GS2 has his first professional Kick boxing match today,
                              Although I’m totally against boxing it’s done him well made him focus and get fit so it has it’s good side I suppose ,
                              Hes full of energy and needed something to channel that apart from his Rugby .

Have a good day ladies I will pop back after lunch

Comment

Working...
                              X