See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini, I shall be in bed before midnight although the fireworks will probably wake me. Have a lovely time with your friends, the menus sounds good. I hope your GS is feeling better today.

Daisy, you are a glutton for punishment, all your entertaining and cooking. Have fun.

Oma, What lovely pics of your GC, your GS looks a bit like you, same shape face.

Happy birthday to you Clover, spoil yourself. I’m

Lizzie, how are you feeling today?
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good morning everyone, I have just lost a post!!!

I am feeling a little better, doing some sewing to keep myself occupied.

I have been to the gym, I was going yesterday, I can see how many are there on the app, it was very busy all day, I prefer it early mornings when there are just the regulars there.

Plant, the fireworks here during the night were like bombs going off! I did see that a young man had spent €4,000 on fireworks from Poland and Germany, someone at the gym said he heard of another, €5,000!!! Ridiculous!

Comment

Morning everyone
        Hope everyone’s celebrations go nicely ,
        I will be like Plant in bed .

Lizzie
        Its ridiculous the amount people are willing to pay for fireworks ,
        I really think there should only be organised displays .Im a Grinch 😁

I have spent 3 hours taking all the decorations down ,
        I really hate putting them up and taking them down again , my back aches and I get scratched by the tree ,
        B knows not to say anything or I’m liable to strangle him as he is the one that likes it to look likeSanta’s grotto .

Anyway they all down and in the loft only the outside lights to take down that’s his job .

House is back to normal.
        I have the windows and mirrors to clean but I will leave them till tomorrow now I’ve had enough and I feel rather grumpy 😠

A cup of tea and a rest is needed to restore my temper 😁
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Ours are coming down tomorrow Oma.

Sis in law and hubby came for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Whatever you are doing tonight i hope you all have a good one.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Mine came down this morning, I have very few now. Do you find you always miss one.

Comment

Good night everyone.

Off to bed now
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Happy new year.

Taking the decorations down today and getting the house back to normal, that's my day taken care of.

Dinner will be cheesy mash, chicken in breadcrumbs, veggies and gravy.

I'll check in later.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

happy.jpg A very Happy new year!

Comment

Happy New Year Nan2 and Lizzie! What lovely graphics

Good morning and happy new year everyone.

I'm still in bed, ice on knee. My leg isn't happy about all the extra walking about, although I didn't feel I had done that much!

OH still asleep
                    Apart from all the clearing up we have nothing planned today.
                    We had a very good night and everyone left between 1.30 and just after 2.
                    ​​
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gemini, Tryand rest that knee today, it is difficult with lots of friends and family.

Nothing planned today, decs down and packed away, I don’t have many

Comment

Thanks Plant, I will
                        I don't drink on NYE apart from mulled wine early and a sip of fizz at midnight so at least I never have a new year hangover

Comment

Good New Year's Day morning, everyone.

Here we are in 2024! Our 2023 ended with our usual distractions of the unexpected kind, which is why I didn't back on here yesterday as I'd intended.

Yesterday mid-morning Eva asked to go out into the garden. I opened the door and she flew out across to the fence where the bird feeders are and chased something (probably a squirrel) down the back of the border. I called her off and when she came back there was a 3 inch gash down her side. It was just as though something had peeled back her skin. So long story short, we ended up at our emergency vets, Eva gained 6 staples in her side and our bank account said 'ouch'. Still she's ok and not biting at the wound, thank goodness. But we were then 3 hours behind preparing for visitors and dinner last night! So the day turned into a bit of a whirlwind. We had a great evening, and got to bed about 3 am. The friend who stayed overnight has now gone and we're just about to tackle the last of the clearing up. Decs down tomorrow!

Gem, no hangover here either, despite Pimms, red wine, dessert wine and champagne. I was a bit shocked when I realised I'd had such a mixture, and think I was very lucky not to have a headache this morning.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning everyone Happy new year hope you all had a good night last night those that celebrated anyway.
                            I was in bed by 11.30😁
                            Fireworks only went on for about 30 minutes then I either fell asleep and didn’t hear them or that was it.

Quiet day today been to Sainsburys it was empty ,
                            Only went for bread came out with new hand towels for downstairs loo as they were on sale .
                            Just cleaned all windows inside and mirrors so everything clean to start the new year 😁
                            Have a peaceful day everyone xxx

Comment

Oh goodness Poor Eva 😱 hope she’s ok today and she’s a good girl with the wound bless her xxx

Comment

Oma, our posts crossed. We didn't hear any fireworks last night - amazing, but very pleased.

Gosh, you've got 2024 off to a good start! Enjoy the rest of your day. xx
                                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X