Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oma, what a problem for Sainsburys. All that frozen food defrosting.
    There was an ambulance outside our next door neighbours this afternoon.
    R lives on her own,haven't heard anything though.

Gem, its easy done to forget about meeting up with people.

Been a lovely day.Sunshine with a bit of breeze.Dried the towels lovely.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto, I hope your next door neighbour is ok. It feels as though there's an ambulance in every street at the moment. How lovely to get washing dried outside.

Oma, I'm sure you had a good laugh with DS and Lucie. Poor Storm. He sounds more poorly than Eva - last night she was running round and playing like a puppy, and today she couldn't wait to get out for a walk. I think she's picked up a bug or something from a local walk. Everywhere is so wet and a lot of people in our road are walking dogs round the block because the Forest is too wet and there's Alabama Rot about. If she isn't any better in a couple of days I will take her to the vets though. She's eaten minced lamb tripe and turkey tonight, but I gave it to her in two lots. I think she needed bone to bulk things up, and it's minced finely.

Plant, hopefully you will sleep well in your own bed - there's nothing quite the same, is there! I'm sure DD and SIL were pleased to come home to a warm house.

Gem, I'm sure you were very cross with yourself forgetting about your lunch with friends, but it's easily done. It could have been worse. Is aquafit getting easier with your knee now? Did you buy anything special in M&S Foodhall?

I've had a lazy day! We kept out of the heating engineer's way this morning, as Eva wouldn't leave him alone. He called her his apprentice, but I think it was help he could do without, so I read and OH watched tv. I took Eva out this afternoon quite late, and came back and cooked dinner, and that's about it!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Soon off to my own bed, DD and Sil safely back. DS and Dil made me very welcome and comfortable.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good morning.

Going into town this morning.
          Picking up my dress.
          Will meet up with hubby for coffee , after he has seen his pal.

Hubby has mentioned calling at his sisters on our way home.
          If we do call in, it will be a pizza for dinner.

Comment

Hoping the poorly doggies are better soon.

Comment

Good morning one and all.

Yesterday was drs appointment and podiatrist appointments and very conveniently they are situated on the same street, almost opposite each other.

First of all was drs appointment and what a grand building the surgery is in . Its a converted Victoriana house and to get to the entrance from the car park you have to walk through a beautiful well kept garden. It's stunning, it's a little gem hidden from view from the main front entrance
              On the downsize my appointment was with a nurse practitioner but she was extremely thorough. My 10 minute appointment lasted 20 minutes. She had me twisting this way and that .
              She said that the pain I am experiencing isn't coming from right hip but from disc that is pressing on nerves. So apparently not arthritis. She said she would have a word with Dr and get some stronger pain killers proscribed.
              So off I went to the podiatrist and afterwards made my way back home.
              I had just got home when Dr rang me . She isn't going to give me any different pain kilers as the ones most suitable for the sort of pain I have aren't suitable for me as they would interfere with my other medication. She said she could offer another sort but they are extremely strong and if I could carry on with what I am using at the moment all well and good as my hip / back pain will respond better to gentle exercise and warmth treatment.
              She said to continue taking the antidepressants as they have a pain killer effect . She also was concerned that the tablets I take for hiatus hernia has been over subscribed. I have been taking two a day when it should be one a day with the option to increase to two a day short term if symptoms flare up . I have been on two a day for several years without previous Dr's practice noticing the error. I am so pleased that we have changed our drs.
              Today we have to pop back to the surgery as we need to take photo ID with us so that we can register to on line repeat prescription system. ( Should have thought of that yesterday 😕)

Daisy and Oma , how is Eva and Storm . Its so difficult when pets are unwell, its a guessing game with them isn't it.

Just booked my online Tesco grocery delivery for Easter, apparently its now similar to Christmas delivery slot booking, you have to do it in advance.

Last night I watched Breathtaking on ITV. It's heartbreaking and also terrifying when you see how NHS staff had to cope with very little equipment, information and support from heads of NHS departments and government. It's a wonder how we didn't loose more of our loved ones as we did.

I look, back at the horrific situation the world was in and wonder how did we get through it ?

Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Nan2, I hope you look as glamorous in your dress as teddy does in hers

Oma, I hope Storm is improving and Eva too Daisy.

Your new GP practice sound on the ball and efficient Mimi. I have recorded that programme as OH doesn't want to watch it.

Library for me this morning, GS1 from school this afternoon. The typical term time Tuesday!
                OH is going to play golf! They check the course each morning at 6.30 then post on the website open or closed . She had expected it to be closed again.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I am off early this morning to WI, I will be in touch later.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good Tuesday morning, everyone. There's no weather today!! It's not chilly or warm, it's not raining, but no sun, and no wind.

Plant, enjoy your WI.

Mimi, no wonder you're pleased you changed surgeries. Your new one sounds very thorough and giving as much time as each patient needs. You must be relieved that the pain isn't arthritis, although I know that doesn't make it any less painful, but hopefully exercises and perhaps physio will help. Taking a range of medication must be difficult in case one thing interferes with another. I'd better check to see if Sainsburys are doing early bookings for Easter!

Gem, enjoy your term time Tuesday. I bet S is really pleased the golf course is open. I hope she enjoys herself.

Just off to get a shower in our nice warm bathroom, so I'll be back later.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem you can have some of our cold weather here ! But it's dry so I shouldn't complain about it really.... Its March next week , spring is in our sights ( albeit if looking through a very powerful zoom lens telescope )

Comment

Morning everyone

Mimi
                        Just goes to show how one practice can be good and one bad and you would never have known about your meds if you hadn’t changed.

Gem
                        Enjoy your day at the library and with GS,
                        I bet S is thrilled the course is open.

Plant
                        Hope you slept well xx

Nanto
                        Hope your dress is perfect , enjoy your day in town x

Daisy
                        You won’t know yourself having a warm bathroom 🤣
                        How’s Eva today?

We went to the farm shop this morning
                        Bought some lovely chicken breasts , Gammon steaks, Belly pork and Minted lamb chops we will have those for tea,
                        Not keen on lamb but I like it minted, we will have them with new potatoes Broccoli and green beans ,

We went into the bakery and bought B a peach Melba , I got a fruited iced bun , rather have that than cream cake.

was going to pop into my sisters again as she lives near but they all have colds again so didn’t bother.
                        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We updated our records at the surgery and then we decided to have a meal in a local pub that we hadn't been in for years.
                          OH had a vegetable curry while I had a spinach, cheese and mushroom panini .

We then popped into M and S to get some cheese scones for tea
                          OH had a rummage amongst the second hand vinyl records on a stall in the market. There were a few vinyl LPs that we would already have brought new back in the mid 60s/70s , on sale there ( second hand ) for well over £100 !

We are now home relaxing with a cup of coffee

Comment

That sounds a good morning Mimi

Best to avoid your sister if you know they have colds Oma.

Library was fine. Quiet today but there is always plenty to do. The sun was shining as I drove home and the daffodils were cheering sight!
                            Next door's cat came in to keep my company when I got home, and has just left via the cat door. We have it on exit only, so no cats can get in, but he can let himself out. He makes himself so much at home we sometimes don't realise that he asleep upstairs, so we don't want to go out and trap him in!
                            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

How was the bathroom Daisy. Warm i hope.

Mimi,sounds like your surgery was very thorough.

I picked up the dress.They have done a very neat job.
                              Haven't tried it on yet,been busy since we got home.

Comment

Good morning. It's raining this morning.

Cleaning up stairs this morning and some ironing to do.

Last week I bought some chicken filled Yorkshire puddings in my shopping order.
                                Got them out of the freezer last night, for today's dinner. The potatoes in it are garlicky potatoes, which i didn't notice when i ordered them. I probably won't like them. Hubby will eat his if they aren't too garlicky. Anyway we will find out later.

Comment

Working...
                                X