See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini, I think you should go to Portugal and carry S’s bag. Sorry you have been out of sorts.

GD and her OH looked at two houses today, neither perfect of course. The one near to WG and opposite GS has a north facing garden the other in Prestwood needs a bit more spent on it so they are going back to London tomorrow to think it over.

Wrote the above yesterday but was interrupted.

GD and her partner are returning to London this morning, DD has gone with them, DD and GD are going to visit an exhibition at the V&A. GS1 his wife and family popped in to see GD2., baby due in 5 weeks. The other two were very noisy and active. Poor Papa trying to watch the rugby. Expectant mother looking very well, they will have their hands full.

It is a lovely sunny morning here, I overslept. No plans, will watch the rugby later.

Daisy, I hope the weather stays fine long enough for the glazing to be done on the greenhouse. Enjoy your painting.

Oma, you are quite right about the tiles, I noticed the upper tiles above my shower cabinet were looking grubby, my lovely cleaner gave them a clean. My bathroom faces north so I have a problem with condensation and mould on the window in the winter. I have to keep on top of it.

Lizzie, lovely family family birthday party for you.

Nanto, love the graphic, looking forward to hearing about your dress and the party.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I haven't got a photo of me on my phone in the dress. I'll have to get one of the others to send me one.

The meal was nice,steak cooked to perfection.
      We both had cheesecake for afters,but we thought it was more cakey.
      I suspect it was a baked cheesecake.
      We both prefer the non baked version of cheesecakes.

Lizzie, glad GD's oyster card can be replaced. Glad GD had a lovely birthday.

Plant,hope GD and OH find a house they like.

Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning. No frost today.

DS2 and his wife have just checked in at the airport, they are going to Palma.

No set plans for us, we'll just take the day as it comes.
        I daresay we'll both find plenty to do.

Dinner will be potato croquettes, fish fingers with mushy peas.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning Nan2 and everyone else.

Relatives on here are going to places I love! Portugal yesterday, Majorca today! I hope they have a lovely time Nan2.

Aquafit morning for me. I may be at the library for a while this afternoon. There is a customer survey all week and they need volunteers every day to hand these out as people come in. I am waiting to hear if they need anyone this afternoon.

Happy Monday everyone.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone
            Wet again and cold ,
            We popping down to Iceland this morning just down the road then I have Drs appointment for this pain in the side of my lower leg that’s been a problem for a couple month ,
            Apart from that nothing planned,
            I cleaned all the bathroom tiles yesterday and got other jobs done so nothing really needs doing today.
            Have a good day ladies xx
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good Monday morning, everyone.

Nanto, I hope DS2 and his wife have a lovely time. I'd love to see a photo of your dress too. I hope you find something nice to do today. You never know you might get surprise visitors. x

Oma, I hope the doctor can sort out that painful leg for you. Enjoy your day and relax. Did GS have a good time?

Gem, you're doing well with your Aquafit classes. It sounds as though your library is attracting plenty of customers, which is great.

Plant, any plans to get your sun room furniture set out yet? I bet everyone is excited about the new baby., and I hope GD finds the right house for them. Our back garden faces almost due north, but in the summer there is always sun on one part or other of the garden, and sometimes you need the shade. It makes growing plants a bit more tricky, but that's more to do with our very heavy clay soil than the lie of the land.

It's actually not raining here at the moment. It's quite windy and a bit chilly, but so nice to see bits of blue in the sky! I've got a few odd jobs to do, then back to painting. I didn't have time to finish the little watercolour sketch I'd started yesterday, but want to get it done today! I spent a long time looking for a photo I took a few years ago which I wanted to paint - I can't quite remember when it was taken and my photo filing is mostly chronological. It'll turn up one day!

Have a good week, everyone.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

A mixed sort of weather day today. Wind, slightly sunny and it has been raining. Village lunch today in the Village Hall organised by our Village Care, the money raised is donated to charity. Also need to pick up a few bits. I suppose we might see GD and H.

Oma, best get that leg pain seen to, is it swollen?

Will pop back later, need to go and have a shower.

Comment

Daisy
                  GS has had a lovely time slightly hungover though , he comes back today , I thought it was one night but it was two.

I hope you get your Painting done today 😁

Plant
                  no not swollen or hot I have a feeling it’s connected to either my knee or hip pain, it’s at the side of my calf between my knee and ankle.
                  Enjoy your lunch hope the hall is nice and warm

We have just been down the road to Iceland for a few bits it’s absolutely freezing out .

I forgot to say yesterday in Tesco we bought 4 frozen ready to bake Portuguese tarts .
                  We tried them last night ,
                  I must say they were the nearest to the ones we had in Lisbon that we have ever tried,

The ones in Lisbon were larger but these were a good alternative.

Comment

We seem to be in for a morning of on-off power cuts. I suppose we all moan about some aspects of social media, but I WhatsApp'd our cul de sac - was the power cut just us or were others affected. Another lady did the same, and someone on our larger local grapevine posted. Within 2 minutes we'd established most of the village was without power and so were other parts of the area! Someone had rung the electricity company and established it could be on and off for most of the morning.
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning, I hope the doctor can help you with your leg.

It is a bitter cold wind here this morning, I have been to do the coffee and going back at 1pm as they have a meeting to discuss the new tax rules. I have a lemon drizzle cake in the oven ready to take with me, I do spoil them!!!

Daisy, you are going well with your painting.

Gem, I hope you enjoyed your aqua, I hope I can get in on Wednesday.

Nanto, I expect it will be warmer for your family in spain than it is here at the moment.

Comment

Good afternoon all

It's very cold outside today but at least the washing is drying well in the wind.

I've washed the floors, tidied up , sorted out some things for the charity bag and I've managed to go for a walk without the need of my walking stick.
                        I'm not convinced that I would never need to use it again, I will take each day one at a time.

Daisy, its a very cold day to be without any power . Hope you are reconnect soon.

Oma how is the leg pain.

Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi
                          Got Drs appointment at 2 see what he says.
                          Good for you walking without your stick but don’t take any chances xx

Daisy
                          My friends DD lives in Kirkby Stephen’s they without power also , It’s not expected on till tea time at least
                          Must be a day for it 🙄

Comment

Sunny and cold here too Mimi, with a couple of brief showers this morning. I think with sticks use them if you feel you need to!

I hope the power problem is soon fixed Daisy.

You certainly do spoil them Lizzie! I'm sure home made cake is very welcome.

Oma, we have had those Portuguese tarts from Tesco and I agree they are good.

Good aqua class. The Monday class instructor is Ben, who is fairly camp and flamboyant, and there are certainly plenty of laughs while working hard. Our Wednesday instructor is very nice but hers is a much more serious class!
                            OH has been playing golf this morning. Now she is going to meet up with the three who she is going to Portugal with, to discuss the practicalities of the holiday.

I am going to make a cup of tea and hot cross bun and catch up on some TV
                            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gemini, MMmmm hot cross bun sounds good. I get the impression that you need something to look forward to, you are a great planner Gemini.

Comment

Oh Plant yes I am!

Comment

Working...
                                X