Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Nan2, Daisy and everyone else.

Nan2, that reminds me we haven't had potato croquettes for ages. I will put them on the next shopping list.

Daisy, wooden baubles sound interesting and nice task for dreary day.

It has been a horrible bug OH and I have had. We are both getting there, and hopefully OH will be even better today. I have to say I woke up this morning feeling relieved we weren't looking after the baby, so I'm obviously not ready!
    Nothing planned today.

I hope Glamma is getting stronger.
    I am missing Enfys and Mimi, and hope they are well.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good Morning Ladies, I'm slowly feeling better by the day but still very tired all the antibotics & steroids are finished now I am unsure as to ask my Dr can I have another course of Antibotics for a week just to give me that final boost.

My apitite has improved slightly and I am enjoying sandwiches and freshly squeezed fruit juice my DD brought me from the farm shop near her house she is just a gem of a girl.
      She has had the baby this week she can't keep her hands off him she loves having him stay over night.

Its getting closer to my pal coming down from Scotland on Saturday and I am still concerrned about the visit and that I won't be much company when they arrive DD has booked us into our local Indian Restaurant at the bottom of my Road its far enough for me to go there is no chanse I will be able to go to Liverpool with still feeling poorly.

Must go off now and rest for a while I will catch up soon.
      Thanks so much for all your lovely good wishes xxxx Glamma xxx
      Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Daisy, lost your post about your GD’s Christmas market. Well done to them.

Gemini, another day keeping in one temperature will be good. I am sure you are missing your GC.

I am still playing an online game with Enfys, I will ask her if she is well.

Played Rummycub yesterday afternoon, didn’t win a game. I need to go into the town to collect a parcel and return one. Not being very successful in finding a couple of jumpers. I will do a small Waitrose shop whilst I am there. .
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Glamm, our posts crossed. Pleased to hear you are getting stronger but take things slowly and don’t tire yourself out having a friend to stay. Your DD is certainly a Gem.

Comment

Afternoon ladies ,
            Been to MILs and what a nice visit , she was very chatty and happy today . It’s so nice when she’s like that ,
            It won’t last but it’s nice when she is .

Daisy
            Bs brother fell out with MIL& FIL and then cut himself off from the rest of the family , like everything time passes and everyone just moves on , he didn’t even come to FILs funeral no card no phone call nothing .

DD said Lucie is a size 6 so 6 or 8 will be fine but I will get a gift receipt as you suggest that’s a good idea 😁
            Oh I bet Eva had a lovely time with all that going on , as will all the owners seeing them having so much fun 😁❤️

Glamm
            Slow and steady , I think it’s too soon for you going to Liverpool , you will still be getting exhausted easily,
            The photos of A and the baby on FB shows how much she loves having him 😁

Gem
            Same with you and S don’t push yourself to get better to have the little people ,
            You will be no good to them if your not well enough and have a set back .
            Give yourself till at least the weekend xxx

Nanto
            A nice easy meal when your busy
            I like a fish finger sandwich , Im a fan of baked beans too.

Plant
            How is DD now , I’ve never played Rummy is it difficult?

It’s a bit dreary and cold today
            I have just done the ironing and B is busy defrosting the small freezer

Went to Aldi on way home from MILs
            It was packed and they were unloading lots of pallets so we came back out we will go another day.
            I wasn’t in the mood to fight through everything

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, that twice now you have had lovely visits with MIL.

I didn't get the upstairs cleaned,i cleaned the outside of kitchen units,all 25 of them.
              Its been niggling me for a couple of days,so decided to get them done.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto, I can’t imagine you make your cupboards fronts dirty.

Oma, how nice to have an enjoyable visit to Mil, shame she is not like that every time. The car you described sounds lovely, as long as it gives everything B needs that is the one.

Daisy, that training afternoon sounded fun for the dogs and the owners.

Glamm, Try and rest before your friend arrives. Have you got new neighbours yet?

Very cold and miserable here. I went to do a small food shop and collect a parcel of 2 jumpers from M&S. GD and Harriet were here when I got back. Jumpers too thick for me so GD went away with them. They are moving next Friday, she says she will still be popping in.
                Last edited by Plantaholic; 16-11-2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Good evening.

Glamma, always good to hear from you. Your lovely DD is doing such a good job taking care of you. We are all lucky to have caring families.
                  I think your friends visit may perk you up. Keep resting until then .

Oma, how nice to have a positive visit to MIL. Good for you and her.

That was a good job Nan2 - 25 units!!

Plant, your GD will still be popping in a lot once she moves I'm sure.

We have had an easy day, TV, chatting, playing Skip Bo. Easy ready meal for our tea tonight. OH didn't want anything last night and I just had a bowl of Alpen , so a great step up tonight
                  ​​​​​​
                  I posted about GD on YEO earlier.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Plant
                    I think your GD needs to see you regularly, she’s very close to you and won’t want to do without you I imagine 😁❤️
                    I know what you mean about jumpers being too thick ,
                    I bought two cardigans from Damart I can’t wear so I will give them too my sister.

The car is more suitable than this one , he can sit on the seat first on this one but it’s too high to get his leg in without pain ,
                    The new car is so much lower and easier to get in ,

Comment

Good Friday morning.

Just a quick 'hello' - Sainsburys due any minute and have to do bins etc. Then we're going on a walk for Children in Need, so have to get going early. Back later. I hope everyone is ok. xx
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Late in this morning. Done a couple of jobs and been to the post office.

Daisy,enjoy your walk.

We have sunshine. Makes a nice change.

Easy dinner today,chips,beans and egg.
                        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning ladies,

Nan2 your late is my early

Daisy, I hope you enjoy the walk.

A dry day with sunny spells is forecast, before a wet weekend.
                          I am going to collect GS2 from school this afternoon and bring him here for tea. Not sure about GD yet.
                          We will pop out this morning. I need to collect an order from M&S and OH wants a sticker for the new green bin which arrived this week. We feel we should get out today, but won't be doing anything taxing!

Comment

Morning all, no plans for today yet, I need to get the pansies planted, the sun is shining so I might get it done. My cleaner has decided not to do so many days and unfortunately she can’t do mine. I am so disappointed to loose her. Her employer said she will try and get me one before Friday.

Gemini, wrap up warm when you go out to fetch GS2.

Good morning to you Nanto, I am not a morning person I have decided. Enjoy your meal, not sure what I am having yet.

Comment

Morning ladies
                              The sun is out but it’s on the chilly side ,
                              Been to our little Morrisons then to B&M our hard yard brush fell apart yesterday so needed a new one and I wanted a large tub to put my washing tabs in .

Got a headache so not feeling up to doing much else till it’s gone.

Gem
                              Dont push yourself just do a few bits each day xx

Daisy
                              Enjoy the walk

Plant
                              Shame about your cleaner , I hope they find you someone nice xx

Nanto
                              sometimes you don’t realise how time gets away with you especially when you have jobs to do.

Comment

Oma I hope you soon feel better. Good idea to take it easy.

Plant I hope they soon find you a new cleaner and that you like her just as much.

We went to The Range for the bin stickers and a couple of other things. We weren't up to a full look round though.
                                I collected my M&S order ( outfits for GS3) We then stopped for lunch at a tearoom. It was good to get out.
                                I had thought of going to the Cats Protection League shop in the village for Christmas cards and a browse. I had had enough though! Maybe tomorrow.
                                ​​​​​​Just GS2 to collect today as GD is going to tea at her friend's house.

Comment

Working...
                                X