Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. The sun is shining.

If the weather stays fine, DS2 coming to give hubby a hand, getting things prepared for when work starts for the electric gates on Friday. His wife is working today, so he's having dinner with us.

I'm making a meat and potato pie, and I'll serve cabbage and carrots with it.

DS1 is 55 today.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Morning Nanto / Ladies
      Happy Birthday to your DS Nanto will you see him today ?
      Hope DS2 enjoys lunch , I bet he will 😁

Its bright at the moment but heavy rain and thunder forecast from 11.

We out with our friends and family this morning for brunch to celebrate Father’s Day , all 3 OH, SIL, and his Dad.

We are both aching this morning didn’t sleep well B had leg cramps all night and I was just aching everywhere,
      We came down and had a cupper and chatted till about 4.30 then went back but both up again at 6 so going to be a long day.

Hope everyone has better weather than us today
      Still thinking about Daisy and family xxx
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Enjoy brunch Oma.
        I don't think we will see DS1 today. He called yesterday with something for his Dad,and we've given him his presents.
        Hope you get some relief from the aches soon.

Sunny now, but apparently rain is possible after 12.30.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Oma, I hope you have a lovely brunch, I'm sure you will. You must be tired though.

I don't know anyone with electric gates Nan2.

The sun is shining at the moment and I hope it lasts.
          DD and SIL3 are hosting a Summer Solstice party again ( a week early) Last year it was very hot. We won't have that problem this year. They have invited a lot of people so are hoping it won't rain so they don't have to have everyone inside!

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oma, I could have joined you both at 5am, got up for toilet and didn’t get back to sleep again. Sunny atm, hope it lasts, no plans. I hope they raised lots of money for charity yesterday, they will be busy clearing up today.

Nanto, I hope it stays fine for the work on the gates

Gemini, I hope it stays fine for the Summer Solstice party.

No real plans, if it rains I might sweep the garage, if it stays fine I have a few small jobs outside to do.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, they were just doing some groundwork, anyway they got done what needed to be done.

At the risk of sounding bigheaded,i got compliments all round for the meat and potato pie.
              Hubby commented,it was a while since we had one. I had loads of filling,so 2 have gone in the freezer.

Comment

The pie sounds lovely Nan2.

We had a lovely afternoon at DD3's. The sun shone and no rain
                We have just got back.
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning. Looking a bit gloomy here.

Gem glad you had a lovely afternoon yesterday.

No plans as yet for today.

Hubby has requested salad with scampi for dinner.

Comment

Morning Nanto/ ladies

Gem
                    good to hear you had a nice afternoon x

Nanto
                    I had salad last night , B didn’t 😁
                    I thought I was being really good and healthy then he made coffee & walnut muffins with frosting and I ate two 😳🤣

Plant
                    Did you get the garage swept or gardening done ?

We off to hunt for wallpaper this morning DD said there is a factory shop about 15 minutes away , it’s just past IKEA so will pop in there on the way back.

Sun is out but rain forecast for later.

Gem
                    Any news from Daisy ?
                    , I don’t like to bother her best if only one person does then she doesn’t feel she has to answer bless her xx

Comment

Good morning ladies.

Nan2, scampi with salad and either new potatoes or chips is one of my OH's favourite meals.

Good luck with the wallpapering hunt Oma.
                      Coffee and walnut muffins with frosting- yum!!!

I sent a brief message to Daisy on Saturday Oma and she replied. I have told her she never needs to reply, that I just check in to let her know I'm here. I don't have any more news xx

Aquafit this morning. Our instructor is on holiday so fingers crossed it's the better of the stand ins!
                      No other plans today.

Comment

Oma and I have had an email from Daisy. No real change but I will update on that thread later.

Comment

House full yesterday for Fathers Day. DD cooked roast beef, requested by Sil and GD2 cooked for the vegetarians. GS2 even travelled from London just for the day. Baby T was a star, he is growing fast. It was warm enough to sit in the garden after lunch. GGS 1 and GS2 had a lovely game of football, H loved having time with her cousins. I just sat in the sun and watched them all.

Oma, I did manage to do some cutting back before the family lunch, the wet weather is making everything grow fast.

Gemini, enjoy your Aquafit. I am leaving it to you to keep in touch with Daisy.
                          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem I’ve put a little comment on YEO about Daisy .

Well we finally bought some paper , not what we were looking for but we both liked it instantly ,
                            Its navy blue background with a gold pattern.

Totally out of my comfort zone but it was the first wallpaper we saw as soon as we walked into the shop and both said that’s nice.

Looked at absolutely dozens but kept going back to that one.
                            I will buy some nice navy curtains to match

A bonus is it’s paste the wall so no need for a pasting table or any faff on .

Plant
                            It sound like you all had a lovely day

Gem
                            What was the stand in instructor like , any good ?

We went to IKEA not Bs favourite place as you know but he didn’t grumble much,
                            We then popped over the road to a massive Asda,
                            I needed a pee so headed for the loos.

My god you could smell them before you got in , they were disgusting.
                            I looked in all the cubical the only clean one was the disabled toilet,
                            Im afraid I used that one , no way was I using the others, plus it had its own hand basin that was clean and paper towels .

I came out and made straight for customer services.
                            The girl said I will pass it on to the cleaning team.

If they have a cleaning team they want sacking . No one had cleaned those toilets for days and half the hand basins had out of order notices on them.
                            Really the toilets should have been closed .

Comment

Plant what lovely Fathers Day that was

Oma, those toilet sound disgusting and probably break all sorts of health and safety rules. We updated the Daisy thread at the same time!

Aqua was fine, this was the better of the stand in instructors. I had coffee with my friend before coming home. Late golf for OH not until 4.30. Not her choice its when it has to be played to fit in with someone else.

We had a heavy rain shower about an hour ago but it's fine again now. I've quite a busy day tomorrow so am having a lazy afternoon.

Comment

Hallo everyone, 20+ at last! The sun has been out ALL day, we went to aqua on our bikes and it was actually warm. It was a good lesson, it always is with that young man, he was telling us that the twins are home now and doing well.

That is the only wallpaper I buy Oma, when you have to paste the wall instead of the paper.

About the toilets, I detest that, if I I am out in the car and have to go at a petrol station, we usually have to pay now, I don't mind that as the toilets are always very clean.

Plant, is seems like a lovely family day for you all yesterday, DS1 phoned and said the girls had done him a lovely brunch for fathers day before he had to set off to the airport.

I got all the windows done inside yesterday and my plants sorted out. I hope to get the windows done outside this week, showers forecast tomorrow though, so I heard, I don't mind doing outside as I don't have the plants etc to move,

Comment

Working...
                                X