See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gem, I don't know that, I am using M's recipe, honey and shea butter, works wonders!!! I do have Germolene as well. I must say it is feeling better this morning and closing ? slowly. Then soaking it in warm water with soda to keep it clean. Neosporin, Original Ointment, is this is the same we can buy it here.

Sorry, we can only buy in on-line!
    Last edited by Lizzie48; 12-06-2024, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Morning everyone

Lizzie
      Ouch your poor finger , I hope it heals quickly , Soda is a good thing to soak it in when all else fails .
      Enjoy your lunch out wrap up warm.

WG
      Hope the treatment works ,
      Physio doesn’t always work does it , maybe the MRI will give more of a diagnosis.

Nanto
      It must be a week for fish fingers , we had them the other night with chips and beans 😁

Gem
      Have a lovely meal out , your definitely getting the most out of your Birthday 🤣🤣

Plant
      This weather is unpredictable
      We had heavy rain and hailstones on Monday ,
      My DD rang she said the dog and cats were all sitting at the back door watching it 😁

We going to pop to Tesco this morning apart from that nothing much to do today.

Rang my niece earlier she’s very tired just walking up and down stairs is a struggle and she said the house seems very quiet after all the noise of the hospital but she’s doing ok so far
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

WG, I hope your painful back eases soon, has it affected your walking? Thanks for the warning about the crossroads, I went through just before 2pm yesterday, it was fine but coming home at 4pm the cars were backed up almost to T.Green. Something happening on the road to H.W?

Oma, hail stones in June, whatever next? Does your niece live with anyone.

Lizzie, that sounds like a very bad cut, the old remedies are the best but perhaps you should have seen a medic.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant
          She has a 18 yr old son living with her.

Comment

Oma I think your niece will be easily tired for some time.

Lizzie yes we can buy it online and I probably will when my current supply runs out as we have no trips to the USA planned.

Plant , good to know about local traffic hold ups I find.

The weather certainly is unpredictable, and not nice for June!
            ​​​​OH had hung some washing out while I was out this morning, we are keeping an eye it now as it's very dark.

Good aqua class then coffee and chat with my friend.
            I have sorted out my clothes for tonight, so nothing much to do this afternoon.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning.
              Glorious sunshine this morning, long may it last .

Gem,hope you enjoyed your meal.

Lizzie, hope your finger is getting better.

No plans here today, will just see how the day pans out .

Jacket potatoes for dinner with cheese and tuna mayo.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Morning Nanto / ladies.
                MIL this morning , can’t contain my excitement. 🙄

Need to pop to Sainsburys first for her cigarettes and to take back the cardigans I bought I tried them on yesterday
                Two are too big and the long line one with pockets doesn’t hang right .

its bright but not sunny and a tad cool still so see how the day goes.
                I hope everyone has a good day ,

Daisy
                sending you all hugs xxx

Comment

Good morning Nan2, Oma and everyone else.

I think I see some sun this morning!

I had a really lovely evening last night, it finished my birthday celebrations perfectly
                  GS3 day today, and hairdresser coming at 10. Golf for OH this afternoon.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hallo everyone, the sun is out here at the moment and it does feel a little warmer.

Nanto, my finger is improving thanks, just painful when I "knock" it.

I had a lovely lunch with the friends yesterday, a really nice couple.

I have just been on the bike to the next village to the "cheap" shop for a few things I needed. I got a good bag saved by the Lidl, that will keep me in fruit and veg for a few days.

Gem, DS1 goes to New Jersey in September, that is no good to you though!

The great nephew, the one that was in that bad "accident" whilst at uni, has become a father, so pleased for him, if anyone deserves to be happy he does, it is a boy, my sisters name was Jean and they have put Gene in his name, which I like!

I was reading how many young people in the UK are using vapes, I don't know if it is as bad as that here, I will ask GD's! I do know GD2 was telling me that they were selling them at the school gates so could easily be as bad.

Comment

A very watery sun is shining atm,. I have to load the car with stuff to go to the tip later, there are two within reasonable distance but I prefer one as they help me unload it.

Lizzie, I haven’t noticed that young people are using vapes, I do hope not although I suppose they are better than other drugs. My DS gave up cigarettes and now uses vapes, silly man.

Gemini, Sad that all your partying is over, reminds me of that song “the party’s over, it’s time to call it a day”

Oma, I hope you find your Mil in a cheerful mood today. Did you say “pigs might fly”

Nanto, we have sunshine here but not warm. I like jacket potatoes, do you have a favourite variety?
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

MIL was a bit grumpy when we went in ,
                        same old grumbles but we ignored her and she changed the subject and her mood.

Lizzie
                        How lovely for your Nephew ,
                        As I have the same name as your sister I like it 😁

Plant
                        Its good you can get help to unload at the other end

Gem
                        You will have to think of something else to celebrate 😁

Comment

Congratulations to your nephew Lizzie. I'm so pleased for him, I remember that terrible time when he was a student.

Comment

Thank you, I like they way they have got my sisters name in his name.

Comment

Lizzie, it's probably too late to help with the cut on your finger, but have you tried Liquid Skin? I used it on split skin on my feet and it really helped to keep the wound closed. The old stuff used to sting, but the new stuff doesn't! I got it on Amazon.

My DS still smokes tobacco. He started at 6th Form College and has continued ever since, he rolls his own. I've given up trying to persuade him to stop. He's a grown man and knows the dangers of smoking, so it's up to him if he wants to continue.

Thought the acupuncture had worked yesterday morning, much less pain and easier to walk. Sadly, the pain had returned by the evening and it's been really sore today. However, I've got an appointment to see a Hip consultant next Thursday, so hopefully I might get somewhere with finding out the cause of it all. Been to the dentist for my 6 monthly check up and thankfully, nothing needs to be done, phew!

Turned cold and miserable here this afternoon and the forecast is for rain spreading in later.

All the talk earlier this week about fish fingers made me fancy some, so that's what I'm having for dinner this evening!

Enjoy the rest of the day ladies x

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

My ex OH and SIL both vape. They were smokers so we just have to hope that it's slightly better for them than smoking was. My mum smoked until she was 91.

Speaking of dinner, I had Lamb Henry last night, on minted mash with veg. It was fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                                X