No announcement yet.

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun is shining now,but we have had a few showers throughout the day.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning.

Gem, glad you enjoyed your sausage and mash.
      I'm fancying a meat and potato pie..Think i will make one tomorrow. I need some onions for the pie, so I'll get some while we are in town today. I'm also fancying some cabbage, so I'll get one of those in town as well.

It looks sunny in one direction, but looks overcast in the other direction.

Have a good day ladies.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

No sun here at the moment Nan2.

We have GS2 here until mid afternoon when the Swiftie concert goers get back. We need to call at our friends C and P to collect something and as they won't be in this afternoon we have to take GS2 with us, so won't stay long.
        β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning Ladies.
          I am in the middle of decorating the kitchen but having a tea break.
          I have more emulsion on me than the walls, just as well everything and floors covered in plastic.

I will pop back later.
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Big day in the village today. There is a Penn 7 race at 11am (H daddy is attempting that) and a Fun Run at 2pm. Children’s races on the common. Lots of food outlets and in the evening there will be music from different bands and groups. Big day and fund raise for a charity. I usually stand on the corner of the road and as the fun run runners go by, some dressed up, and put money in their collection boxes. We need to the rain to stop for the afternoon and evening, the people running seven miles will probably like the rain.

Oma, I am a hopeless decorator, gave up years ago. Good luck

Gemini, raining here (what a surprise) I hope the family enjoyed the concert.
            Last edited by Plantaholic; 15-06-2024, 09:19 AM.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Walls and ceiling painted , all the masking tape off and the covers folded and back in the shed ,
              Now just putting things back and a quick wipe down.
              My back and arms are killing me now .

Plant
              I hope the rain stops so everyone can enjoy the day.
              Just been watching the trooping of the colours it waited till the end before the heavens opened ,
              the poor groups were soaked but at least it wasn’t at the start .

Comment

Plant that sounds a lovely day for the village. I hope the rain stays away .

Oma, rest those arms and back now. You could do with a bath to soak in at times like this!
                ​​​​​​
                This morning OH planted a lovely blue hydrangea which I was given for my birthday. It's now raining so good job she did!
                We stayed for a coffee at C and P's, and the Lego box was got out which GS enjoyed.

β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

You can’t go wrong with Lego can you Gem,
                  I still have a huge box of it in the loft , it will come in handy when Finn is old enough to play with it .

just cleaned the patio doors and got the mirror back up and cleaned .

We have a huge double floor to ceiling larder unit in our Dinning room ,
                  To get behind it has to be all emptied and all 4 doors taken off it’s so heavy , luckily once empty it slides on the floor.
                  Its full of all Brian’s kitchen gadgets etc .

Everything had to be put in big IKEA bags and put in the shed while I painted.
                  It’s all back together now and B putting everything back. I’m not allowed as I bin things I don’t think we need 😁

For the ceiling I bought that paint that goes on pink and dries White so you can see where you have painted , it’s really good and goes a long way .

GS coming after work haven’t seen him all week he’s doing full time during his holidays so we have missed him.

Comment

Hallo everyone, it is still chilly here and very windy!!!! I decided to go to my veg man this morning, almost gave up half way there even though I was on the E bike, the wind almost blew me back the way I had come! I persevered though and got there, I had lots of egg boxes for him from DIL2 so he was very pleased with them, I got my eggs, new potatoes, fresh cauliflower and a spring cabbage. I am having the cauliflower tonight.

DS1 messaged me and asked if I wanted to meet him for coffee in the village to I had a walk and met him there, he goes to the UK tomorrow, working for a week in Leeds, Liverpool etc.

My third bonus great grand child has arrived, she was born on Thursday, Nova Joy is her name.

Oma, you are busy with the decorating, I don't do ceilings anymore, not with my shoulders.

Gem, you would enjoy having GS2, how it GS1 now??

Plant that does sound like lovely activities in the village.

I have just read that Johnnie Walker, BBC, is really ill, I always liked to listen to him.

Then I wonder how Daisy and family are getting on.

Comment

We were only talking about Lego this morning with daughter in laws mum.
                      There is boxes of of it in the loft,from when ours were little. Always said it will be hand for our Tommie.

Halfway into town this morning,the heavens opened. Wipers on the car couldn't keep up with it.
                      It had eased off by the time we parked up.
                      Got all the shopping we wanted then went for something to eat. Heavens opened up again while we were in the cafe.
                      We were both glad to get home.

Comment

Lizzie
                        What a lovely name 😁
                        The wind can be wild can’t it ,
                        Im not a lover of cauliflower I find it bland but B loves cauliflower cheese .

Comment

A new baby Lizzie, how lovely
                          ​​​​​​
                          Nan2 I have just driven through rain like you described.

It will be good to see your GS again Oma.

Well it's just like winter here. We have the heating on and it's just miserable!
                          I decided to drive GS2 home to save DD coming out. She and I had a good chat and a cuppa. They all had a fantastic night last night and GD and friend declared it the best night of their lives!

Comment

Aww how nice for your GD Gem , something to lift her spirits ❀️

Comment

She really did Oma. DD said she (herself not GD) spent a lot of the time in tears at the joy of seeing GD so happy

Comment

Gem, so pleased GD enjoyed the concert.
                                We have the heating on as well.

Lizzie,congratulation on the new baby,love the name.

Comment

Working...
                                X