See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanto, thanks for asking, not a great improvement but feeling a bit better, at least I am sleeping.

Expecting a lady gardener soon so will pop back later.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, please rest as much as you can xx

Oma I will post about Daisy on YEO in a while.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Another grey miserable day here and chilly with it. We had torrential rain yesterday. Was speaking t someone this morning who'd got caught in it, he said even his underwear was soaked!

Got my new fire fitted yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. At least I know it's safer than the old one and the bonus is I don't have to get down on my knees to switch it on or off! This one has a sliding switch on the side! May need it tonight if it doesn't get any warner! The lounge got a good clean through after though! Feeling virtuous, because housework isn't my thing!

Like Plant, I'm still coughing good style and I decided I couldn't cope with going round a supermarket, so I'm having a delivery tomorrow. First time I've done an online shop for a while and I'm sure I'll have forgotten something! The Spar down the round might come in handy!

May take myself for a walk since it's still dry or I may not!

Plant, hope you feel better soon and any other poorly people too. Hope good news re niece, Oma,

Have a good afternoon ladies whatever you're up to x
        Believe you can and you're halfway there.
        Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Oma, I was wondering how your niece was.

Feeling a lot better today, GD and H have been here as there are workmen in the house they are living in. GD took me down to M&S to collect some parcels and food. I got caught out in the sun room yesterday in the downpour, had to make a break (can’t run) for it eventually, I only had socks on my feet.

WG, new fire sounds good, I hope you will not need it soon.

Comment

Plant she’s doing really well , they had her sitting in a chair again and she’s had some soft food ,
            Still on Oxygen and hooked up to machines but making progress,

Pleased to hear your feeling better today xx
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Looked ver overcast earlier,but the sun has come out now.

Oma, so pleased there signs of progress for your niece.

WG glad you are happy with your new gas fire.

We are going to Wakefield shopping today.Not for anything special,it just makes a change.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Enjoy your shop in Wakefield Nanto, hope it stays fine.

Oma, pleased to hear your niece is making some progress, hope it continues

I have an appt with the optician's, very expensive new glasses to collect. Have double booked myself, expecting a delivery of grocery and I might not be back in time, silly me. I hope the family will take care of that for me. A secretary at our doctors surgery doubles as a gardener for me and she made a lovely job of a very overgrown patch yesterday, very pleased. The local pair of robins loved her too.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Have a nice trip to Wakefield Nan2.

It sounds as though you are on the mend Plant. Glasses certainly are expensive.

WG the newer gas fires with the side switch are much better. I have to sit on the floor to do ours!

Oma, such good news about your niece, she certainly sounds to be going in the right direction.

I thought I had hayfever yesterday, but my sore throat got much worse during the night and I feel a bit Yuk today.
                  It's York's Pride parade and event on the racecourse. GS1 and his mum are going. I had said we may but I don't feel like going out especially amongst crowds. OH and have a meal booked at the local restaurant tonight but we may cancel. I will see how I feel this afternoon.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone
                    Nice and sunny here
                    DD just been with the dog ,
                    We're having him tomorrow and Monday as they are travelling to Inverness for SILs grandmothers funeral so didn’t expect to see her today thought she would wait till she dropped him off tomorrow ,a nice surprise.

Nanto
                    Enjoy your trip to Wakefield

Plant
                    Glasses are so expensive arnt they ,
                    Hope the family sort your shopping .
                    Good to hear your feeling better xx

Gem
                    Rotten luck you coming down with something when you have a meal booked and The parade is on , but better to stay in when like that.

We off to Martins after lunch ,
                    Finn will be 2 on Monday so they having a little party for him today 🎂😁

B didn’t get home till almost 1am so really could have done without going out today but wouldn’t miss it for anything

Thinking of Daisy and her family xxx

Comment

Oma, I saw B's post on FB. Long day for him but as you say you wouldn't want to miss Finns party. I hope the little one has a lovely day
                      It seems no time since we were waiting for 3 babies, and now they are all coming up to two!

It's only a cold I'm sure. I'm hoping I can still go out tonight, we shall see.

Comment

Hallo everyone, it is a cold wind today, with slight showers..

Gem, I hope that you are feeling better, Oma, enjoy the party.

Plant, I hope your specs are fine, will you have to get used to them?

I went to a reception on Thursday for the lady that runs the office I do the coffee for, she has been there 25 years now. After the reception 3 of the people decided to go out for a meal and asked if I fancied going, of course I said no, then they got me to change my mind! We went to an Italian here in the village and we really enjoyed the meal (company)etc.

I have just been on the bike to Den Haag to get a new screen fitted on my phone, I will need a newer model next year, but, as long as this works I am happy, it fits in my pocket which I do prefer, GD1 has a new iPhone, it is a mini iPad!!

Did you get any shopping done in Wakefield Nanto?

Comment

Thank you Gem for the email this morning, such sad news.

I have been awol for a long time but much has been going on. Back and forth to hospital, once by ambulance, lots of tests scans etc and I have now been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Lots of new meds but luckily things seem to have settled. Fingers crossed it’s stays that way, it was all quite scary.

I haven’t had chance to read everyone’s news but hope all is well with you all. Sick of the weather, we’ve had so much wind and rain lately and soon we will have mid summer!
                          "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Hello Enfys. Lovely to hear from you again. I’m sorry you’ve had some scary health worries. At least now as you say you’re hopefully on the right road
                            It’s been a lovely day here so I hope everyone has had a reasonable day and if you’re feeling under the weather you feel better soon.

Comment

Enfys, that must all have been scary. Hopefully new with the new meds things will be more on an even keel.

Lizzie, I'm glad you accepted the invitation, often we feel better when we make ourselves do something we are not sure about.

Clover, nice day here too. We didn't go anywhere but I hung some white washing out and OH cut the lawn.

We are going out for our meal. I have dozed on and off this afternoon and actually feel better for having put a dress and some make up on! It's just the two of us and only in the village so we won't be late back.

Comment

Enfys hello lovely to see you back.
                                What a scary time , fingers crossed the meds help
                                I think thats Plant suffers with.
                                The weather has been depressing hasn’t it .

Lizzie
                                Sometimes when we do something we didn’t want to do it turns out to be a lovely experience,
                                Pleased you went .

Plant
                                Did you get your specs?

Clover
                                Its been the same here , such a change from all this rain.

Gem
                                Hopefully you enjoy your meal and feel better in the morning , I do hope so xxx

We are just back from the party .
                                The weather has been very kind for it ,
                                I have a headache now the brightness doesn’t agree with me , I can’t win 😳

Finn had a lovely day not one grumpy child , they were all so well behaved.

We are both tired now it’s a 40 minutes drive and it seemed to take ages to get home ,
                                All I wanted to do was take my makeup off and get into my PJs .

Comment

Working...
                                X