Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray, you finally bought a table.

Some of you may or may not remember i dropped a bottle of milk a while ago,well i dropped another today.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto, you must have been very cross when that bottle of milk leapt out of your hands. Was it a glass bottle?

Gem, hurrah, you've finally got your coffee table - well, nearly got it. Definitely not long to wait now though. I hope OH's blood test was ok.

Plant, I hope the family had a smooth crossing - it was blowing a hooley out on our nearby moor this morning.

Eva and Missy get on very well together, and are very polite to each other! We had a good long walk this morning, despite the howling gale. I've been trying to catch up with odd jobs. DS1 is still in hospital so we're going up to visit him tomorrow. It's good timing as DIL1 has a hospital appointment herself tomorrow afternoon, so we can fill the 'gap'. Eva will go round to Missy's while we're out. I asked DS if there was anything he wanted and he said 'flapjacks' straight away so I'm off now to do some baking.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning.

Its a bit calmer this morning, it turned very windy yesterday afternoon.

Hubby out for a couple of hours later.
        My plans are cleaning the outside of the patio doors, I don't know when the window cleaner will come, and a bird has very kindly used it as public convenience.

When Hubby gets back, we'll have a coffee, then we are going to Iceland (the shop).

Daisy, it was a 4 pint plastic bottle. It hadn't been opened.
        Eva and Missy sound like they are the best of friends.

Dinner is chicken stew and pancakes.
        Last edited by Nanto2girls; 30-04-2024, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Lovely sunny morning!

Nan2 did the milk bottle split?

Daisy, I hope your son can go home soon.

Library morning. I am not picking up GS1 from school as he's off with a cold. A lot better apparently but not up to school. His dad is looking after him at home and bringing him here after school. GS and I are planning to go out to tea as OH will be dining at the golf club and DD will be in London, back around 8.30 or later. I will see how he is regarding eating out. If he's not up to it we will eat here. After tea I will take him to his house and wait there for DD.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gemini, busy day for you, I expect GS will opt to go out for his meal, hope he feels better soon and doesn’t give it to you.

Daisy, are they just keeping your DS1 under observation, reluctant to discharge him yet.

Nanto, did the 4 pints spill all over the floor, I hope not.

I have an ear suction appt This morning after the water irrigation was too painful, my DD recommended her, I think it will be very expensive. My new aids are still whistling, see if the wax removal makes any difference, I am not hopeful. A trip back to the hearing aid lady will be needed I think. Of course they didn’t whistle in her room, nothing in there to make them whistle but as soon as I sat in the car they whistled. Perhaps I will have to go private. I had a family of 3 large foxes in the garden yesterday evening, they were eating the worm food I put out for the Robins, took no notice of me taking pics through the window.
            Family arrived okay and will soon be settled in. I will be seeing GD and H later.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good Tuesday morning, everyone. It's still a bit windy, but the sun is shining.

We just off up to see DS1, so I'll try and catch up tonight.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy,hope your son is home soon.

The milk bottle did split.Fortunately it went on the vinyl flooring,
                not on the rug that is nearby.​

Sun is shining here,got the bathrobes out on the line.
                Just put a coat of mine in to wash now.

Comment

Morning ladies.
                  Its sunny but very windy,

Plant good to know the family arrived ok,
                  Hope the suction works and ears are not sore after,
                  Everything is so expensive these days .

Gem
                  Hope GS is ok and he is up to eating out if not maybe a takeaway pizza will do the trick 😁

Nanto
                  Lucky you missed the rug

Daisy
                  Hope DS enjoys the flapjacks and he’s home soon xx

We went to DDs this morning, she’s not feeling good feeling sick so although she logged onto work she’s not doing much just catching up on some paperwork rather than conference calls today,

GS’s new car was delivered while we were there ,
                  Long story I will put a thread up,

We then went to Dunelm, I needed new quilted pillow protectors ,
                  the zip on mine went after it came out of the washer on Saturday so I’ve replaced both with no zip ones
                  This is the second one to break.

We then went to Homebase to look at wall paper, we came away with samples of two potential ones,
                  One is Grey and Silver the other is a denim blue .
                  We will go look at a few more before we decide .
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Ooh that's a good idea Oma! We have a very good local pizza place which delivers . It will also save me ££s. I'll consult GS when he arrives .

I hope your DD feels better soon.
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oma, hope DD feels better soon.

We went to Iceland not long after hubby got back this morning.
                      Bought pizza's,ice creams and stocked uo on milk.

Comment

Don't drop that milk Nan2!

GS1 still full of cold but definitely on the mend. He felt up to going to Prezzo and ate 3 courses!
                        DD due home around 9.

Comment

Glad GS1 is on the mend.

I haven't dropped any milk today,but i did knock a glass of water over the table.

Comment

It was a bit misty earlier,but it seems to have cleared now.

No plans for today,will take the day as it comes.

Dinner is cod in breadcrumbs,baby potatoes,veg and parsley sauce.

Off to read Oma's post about now,about GS new car.

Comment

Good morning all.

Nan2, we still have the mist here. It was lovely yesterday I must say, and we got a line of washing dry. Two days in a row, some sort of record with this years rainfall!

Aquafit this morning . No coffee as I need to come home and get ready to go out again! I am meeting C and another friend we went to school with for lunch. We started this last year and do it every 3 months or so. Although in fact if was before Christmas the last time!

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, everyone.

We got back home too late to catch up on here last night.

Nanto, let's hope the glass of water is the last spillage for you for a while! Love your cute little Pengi friend.

Gem, two days of gettig washing dry - unheard of so far this year! I hope GS is feeling better. They say to "feed a cold, starve a fever", don't they. So Prezzo did him proud. Enjoy your lunch out with C and your other friend today.

Plant, how are your ears now? (Sorry if I've missed any updates). How long is the family in Normandy for?

Oma, I hope your DD wasn't going down with one of the horrible sickness bugs going round. Have you got a style of wallpaper in mind, or just hoping to see the perfect one for your room?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X