See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Saturday morning, everyone. we've had a lot of rain overnight, but it's stopped now - just cold and cloudy. I hope it doesn't rain for OH with all the stuff on the drive.

Lizzie, orange vanilla slices sound wonderful. They're one of the few 'gooey' cakes I really like. Do you remember when we were youngsters there used to be flavoured Birds Custard - orange was my favourite.

Nanto, what a lovely surprise, remembering you were eating out today. Have a lovely time. The graphic made me think of Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat farm - I don't know why, as I'm sure it's not that productive or pretty!

Gem, your OH is very ingenious making things like your sand pit table. It sounds as though buying any kind of new furniture is a big event for you. It's the same for us! OH would really rather make something, even if it doesn't really fit the purpose we want it for, so he takes a bit of coaxing to actually buy anything new, and the same for getting rid of anything.

Plant, I hope DD and SIL are safely home and have recovered from the delay. How are. you today? You sounded so tired this week, so I hope you're having a rest with week-end.

Oma, are you still splashing about in that bath? I hope you're having a lovely time and look forward to hearing all about it.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning ladies ,
      We have had a really nice stay,
      The Bath was glorious so deep , spent ages in a very luxurious bubble bath last night and again this morning,
      Sad when you get excited over a bath isn’t it 🤣🤣

Daisy
      It heart stopping when you think your card is missing , so glad you found it.
      Fingers crossed it stays fine for the stuff on the drive , what a great idea , as the saying goes
      One man’s trash is another man’s treasure 😁

Gem
      Remember when you left your card on the petrol pump and your purse on the shelf in the service station 😱😊

If looking for furniture is anything like u us looking for wall paper I sympathise with you.
      We just had painted main wall for about 14 years when we moved in here till we found the paper we both liked ,
      We want to change it but having same trouble again.
      Have you actually chose the coffee table you want or just looking still?

Lizzie
      those cakes look delicious, I like anything with Orange in ,
      What a panic thinking your account had been hacked , I think I would be trembling too, so pleased it’s sorted for you xx

Plant
      Is DD home safely now?
      Are you having a rest day today , I think you need it xxx

Nanto
      Enjoy your lunch out , I know you always do 😁

We are having Storm this afternoon and overnight , DD & SIL are going down to Leeds to stay with GS , he’s finished Uni for the summer and coming home tomorrow.
      DD wants to see if anything needs doing in the flat like painting etc

We setting off home shortly only a 45 minute drive .

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oh Oma don't remind me !!!! I'm not fit to be let out.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

DD and Sil got back about 4.30 DD was quite stressed, they have to go and fetch their car from Sil’s brothers house this morning. GD and her OH are finishing off the clearing of their flat, they have 8 months to do this!! Completion is on Tues.

Oma have you been away? I must have missed that. Enjoy your time with Storm. I envied you that lovely deep bath, wish I could get into mine (although not a deep bath).

Nanto, enjoy your lunch out, nice not to have to cook.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant
            We went away for the night to celebrate our Anniversary

Comment

It was raining up to about 10am so hopefully the children managed to see some of their ware!

There is an expensive ladies shop in the village, they have a sale on the Kings birthday, the only day I look at what they have, they put it all on racks outside, it is very popular, I got a lovely long cardigan last year and today a coat/cardigan, plus, 2 long cardigans for my neighbour, well one, she loved it so much I went back for another one that I had seen. I decided to take a look at the wool shop, they sell samples etc today, I have had 2 lovely throws from there and got another one now, it isn't really my colours, but, when I heard the story behind it I had to buy it. One on the young men that owns the shop has his own wool label, each strip on this throw shows the new tweed colours last autumn. Then I got a shawl and body warmer thing for my neighbour, she does well with a neighbour like she has!!!! I did come home with fermented veg from her though.

I am hoping it stays dry, I hope to go the butchers in the next village, I was going to the place where GD2 is working today, it will be very busy so I will go another day.

3d166c3d-31a8-4e7b-8267-bb54b75d974a.jpg 085f0f8d-92e6-4e37-8729-cfa57504dfe0.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

You can’t pass a bargain can you Lizzie , you have to grab them when you see them because if you don’t someone else will 😁
                Lovely warm throws

Comment

I did pass the throw first time round then decided to get it!

Comment

Oma, the whole focus of the day has been recycling. The ethos is to give stuff away, although you can charge for things if you wish. Everything OH put out was free apart from a good climbing frame of the GDs, and an electric scooter. He sold the climbing frame and will give the money to the girls. A boy of about 10 wanted to buy the scooter but OH wouldn't let him as he knows it's too fast for a lad of that age. Almost everything went and it was interesting to see what was the most popular - tupperware-type containers, jam jars, some gardening implements, and a box of assorted light bulbs. Picture frames were popular as well, and a couple of mirrors. The lady who organised it came round to say 'thank you'. It was dull and overcast and she said some people hadn't bothered to put their stuff out in case it rained!

Fourteen years to choose wallpaper must be some kind of record!

Plant, I'm glad to hear GD1 and her OH have finally sold the flat. Hopefully that will help with their finances, with fewer outgoings. I hope your DD will be ok after a good night's sleep.

Lizzie, those throws look lovely. I'm glad that one was still there when you went back! Wht a lucky lady your neighbour is, but it sounds as though she does reciprocate with other things.

Eva is reminding me she hasn't had her walk yet - and it's now raining. Hey ho!
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

What amazes me about the throws etc is the price! The wool that goes into them costs enough and then the labour making them as they are very well made, I paid €10 for this throw and Marianne got a lovely long body warmer and a cape thing, both cost only €5.

The 'recycling' day is a very good idea Daisy, we used to have days once a month when we could put things out and they would be picked up by the council, that is, if they were still there when the council came for them as a lot would ride round seeing what there was to take, in fact, I think they still have it once a month in Delft.

Comment

Oma, hope you enjoyed your night away. Sounds like you did with the bubble baths.

We enjoyed our day out.
                        Went to the farm shop first,i wanted some nice steaks,and we had coffee there.
                        Then on to the Asda for some bedding plants. They were on offer and hubby is really pleased with them.
                        Both of us enjoyed our meal at the garden centre,and we bought a few bits.

Lizzie,well done for the bargain throws.
                        Daisy, sounds like the recycling day went well.
                        Last edited by Nanto2girls; 27-04-2024, 07:03 PM.
                        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Guess what, its raining.

No plans for today, we'll just go with the flow.

Jacket potatoes for dinner with cheese and beans.
                          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good Sunday morning, everyone.

Nanto - same here!

Lizzie, it's amazing how cheap those lovely throws are - as you say, it no way reflects the materials, let alone the work that goes into them. Perhaps the makers just enjoy their craft so much they're happy to cover a small part of their costs. I can't see our local Councils collecting anything like that once a month, but we are really sold in the idea of days like yesterday. I was very sceptical, but I'm a definite convert. There was one couple who came round with a van stuffed full of what they'd collected - obviously heading for the car boot sale today, but we felt if that's what they want to do, they are providing a kind of service and if they make some money out of it fair enough.

I need to get a move on this morning. The family who bought the climbing frame are coming to collect it, we've got next door's dog today and tomorrow, and I need to get some ironing done. Back later.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, the lady was telling me that the staff do it them selves during lunch/coffee breaks etc.

Comment

Morning everyone

Daisy
                                If we all did something like that not only would it save a trip to the tip or council charge to collect but it saves on land fill too.
                                Wish we had something like that.
                                As you say the people with the van are doing you a favour and if they can make a bit money good for them😁

Nanto
                                It’s raining here also and cold . Enjoy dinner , I like just butter or beans with my Jacket potato 😁

Gave Storm his toast this morning then a quick walk we were only out 25 minutes it’s raining and cold and by time we were back in the street the wind was whipping up ,
                                Neither of us like the wind.

Did some housework then had a shower to warm up ,
                                Towels in the wash and not much else to do today,
                                B took some lamb out of the freezer last night so having a lamb roast tonight
                                Plenty of veg as I only eat a little bit of lamb , not my favourite but B loves it.

Comment

Working...
                                X