See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1 safely delivered to school on time. On the way DD phoned to tell GS he had got his first choice of secondary school place for September, so that was good.

Nan2, mash works well after freezing and I once read that it was in some way better for us that way!

Oma, I think in time the effects of that dream will fade a lot.
    β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good Friday morning everyone. It's been raining hard all night, but the sun's shining now! Which is a good job, as the kit car has been taken to be upholstered. They put the roof on (just a soft top) but it's sure to leak.

Eva probably thinks the sky has fallen in or something - she has never seen the garage empty before!

Oma, yes thank you. Eva's wound is healing up well. It was nowhere near as bad as poor Lola's cut paw.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Safe journey for the Kit Car. Eva does look puzzled
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

So the empty garage was only empty very briefly. The kit car is back - the upholsterer forgot is was going in today and has taken another job in. You couldn't make it up!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy
              Well the garage didn’t stay empty for long did it 🀣🀣🀣

The heavens have opened it’s coming down in sheets and pitch black ,

Storm is asleep on his new bed after first licking it all over 😳

I had a Nana nap only 30 minutes but felt so much better after.

As I had some energy I cleaned the downstairs loo took the seat off and gave that a good clean , scrubbed skirtings,
              While I was on my bum I shuffled into the utility and cleaned down the washer and tumble,
              I then shuffled into the kitchen and cleaned the skirtings in there and the dinning room ,

Took a while to get back up mind you 😁
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, did Storm think you were playing with him, doing all that shuffling??

Comment

Daisy, the car looks well.

It rained heavily here till about 12ish and the sun is out now.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Daisy, wow love the car.

Oma Stop it will you, skirtings, what are they?
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

No Lizzie he slept through it all 😁

Comment

Well it's been a busy, silly day at Daisy Towers! I have done none of the things I planned today. After taking photos of the empty garage and a bewildered Eva, the doorbell went, and it was the guy who had taken the car to the upholsterers, and there was the car on our drive! The upholsterer had double booked and the poor guy had had to bring it back. OH and another of the L of the SW team arrived back. I'd started to sweep the garage floor so we did that and then brought the car back inside - probably much to Eva's relief! Several phone calls round the Team took place, someone called round, and I seemed to be acting as door person and telephonist/receptionist all morning.

We hadn't quite finished lunch when the chap arrived to service the caravan. He's done it before and always likes to have a little chat - plus showing us his work van which he's converting into a motor home, having got fed up with towing his own caravan. More phone calls (all for OH). I was just about suggest "walkies" to Eva when the heavens opened - hail then rain. So we waited for it to stop and then went out. Then it was a rush to feed Eva, get dinner and still keep fielding phone calls for OH.

I'd intended to do some bits of housework this morning and do the prep for dinner and paint all afternoon. I bet Turner, Lowri and Michaelangelo never had problems like that!
                        ​
                        Oma, I'm glad you felt better after your little nap, but honestly, I'm sure the cleaning could have waited. Lizzie, I wondered if Storm was 'helping'. I know Regiments 'run' in families, so no wonder B is pleased that your brother's DS is now in B's old regiment. I'm sure they will have lots to talk about.

Gem, that's interesting - I didn't know you could freeze mash. Does it still take the same?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, what a busy day you had, playing telephonist and receptionist.
                          Some days I plan to do something but everything changes.

We are going into town, so no cooking, yay.
                          Not going for anything in particular, but it gets us out for a while.
                          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Morning Nanto/ ladies

Nanto
                            Sometimes a browse is all you need, enjoy your lunch out xx

Daisy
                            Days like that just go by and you never stop but get know where 😁
                            Hope today is less hectic xx

Plant
                            I know Skirting's should be illegal

Cleaned kitchen cupboard doors this morning then general tidy through 😁
                            Stripped bed that’s in the wash
                            Need to go for fresh bread and I think DD is walking the dog over at some point this morning,
                            Nothing else planned so far.

Comment

Good Saturday morning, everyone.

Nanto, enjoy your day in town.

It's not raining here, so I think OH will go and try and finish building DS2's greenhouse. I'll try and catch up with the things I've not done the last couple of days.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oma, our posts crossed. I agree about skirting boards! Just put our bedding in the wash as well. Enjoy having a natter with your DD and a cuddle with Storm!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X