Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning.

It certainly is raining. It's torrential here. Friends are coming for lunch and I have texted to say come straight in when you arrive, don't stand on the doorstep getting wetter! They come by bus so will be wet enough.

Garden centres usually have good cafes don't they Nan2.

Lamb is my favourite roast Oma, enjoy! I'm glad you had a good night away.

The throws are beautiful Lizzie.

It sounds as though that recycle day was a success Daisy. In recent months we have left a cane conservatory sofa and a wheelchair on our drive and both were taken. An organised local day sounds great.

Friends due at 1ish for lunch and a catch up. No other plans today.

Happy Sunday everyone
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gemini, have an enjoyable lunch with your friends.

Nanto, hope you had a good lunch out yesterday, I was thinking about having a jacket potato today for dinner.

Daisy, what a good idea putting unwanted items on your drive instead of the tip. Having a particular day to put it out is good too.

We are going to be invaded by family later, all of them except GD2 and her partner. Will be nice to see how much T has grown. DD will do a huge pan of Chilli plus one for the veggies. Then they are off to Normandy at 5am in the morning. I was invaded by ants on the kitchen worktop yesterday, there is a nest, has been for years, under my kitchen door plate. I really hate killing them but needs must.

Oma, enjoy your time with Storm, I expect he will be very happy with you, lots of treats whilst DD isn’t looking.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Oma, the 'get rid of your stuff' day was organised by our local voluntary Greener <village> Group. They advertised for households to sign up and then put a list of the properties on their website. It ran from 11 till 3 pm. Our road had about 12 or 13 participants, plus plenty more across the village. If you have a similar group you could suggest it to them. Our group is planning to do it once a year, but we think there's mileage in doing it twice a year.

Plant, you will be having a very busy day today with nearly all the family. DD and SIL have hardly had time to unpack and repack in addition to feeding everyone. I never kill ants either, but if they invade the kitchen I think I'd have to!

Gem, when we were sorting out my female cousin's house in London many years ago we left lots of things at the gate saying "help yourself" and they'd always gone by the next morning - but it was a busy road and a bus route. Quite a lot of people walk past our house because there's a short cut to the village, but not enough for "help yourself" to work without some publicity. What a horrible day, weather-wise for you and your friends.

Nanto, has it stopped raining yet?

It's starting to look overcast here now so I'm going to take both dogs out before it rains again. It's still cold.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Well things didn’t work out quite as planned, GS1 and family didn’t come as they thought baby T had chicken pox caught from his sister. His mother thought she had had it so he should have some protection. Then the next thing was when Sil fetched GS2 and his wife from the station GS realised he had left his rucksack on the train which contained his passport. They are going to Normandy with DD and Sil tomorrow. GS wife quickly got onto the left luggage and they arranged to get someone from the station where the train would be stopping to retrieve his rucksack. Unfortunately it has been quite a drive for Sil to drive him to pick it up. They now have the rucksack and are on their way back.
          They will be leaving to catch the boat at 5.30 in the morning so all is well now. What with plane delays and lost rucksacks my DD and Sil will be pleased to get to Normandy and hope nothing else goes wrong with their holiday.

Comment

Gosh that day didn't go quite as planned Plant! I'm sure your DD and SIL's holiday will go smoothly now.

I hope you got the dog walk in before the rain came Daisy.

It rained until mid afternoon. It's sunny and calm now! Our friends arrived wet but it had stopped when they left.

Lunch was a success. Very easy and minimum cooking. One friend is a vegetarian, not fussy but doesn't like eggs. The other isn't vegetarian but is fussy. There are so many things she dislikes, including any form of potato apart from chips or roast (who doesn't like baked potatoes or mash for goodness sake??!!)
            We often make a pasta dish or something with rice when they come. Today I wanted something different so we bought a Quorn 'chicken' and mushroom pie which we served with chunky chips, and peas, tenderstem broccoli and baby carrots. Everyone loved it and we would definitely buy it again . Followed by berry roulade (Sainsbury's) and fresh raspberries and strawberries.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

It eventually stopped raining about 1ish. Had quite a bit of sunshine since.

All day, i have kept thinking its Monday,don't know why.
              This morning i cleaned rearranged the cupboard where the tinned food lives.
              Then, i cleaned and rearranged the crockery cupboard.

Gem, glad you had a nice meal with your friends.

Plant,what a relief to get the rucksack back,thank goodness.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nan2, I often spend a day thinking it's a different one!

Comment

Gosh Plant what a day ,
                  So glad he got his rucksack and passport back, a long drive but better than missing the holiday.

Gem
                  Sounds like lunch was a success,
                  Its difficult when you have to rack your brains to make what everyone likes,

MIL loves any kind of potato’s , if we don’t send potatoes in one form or the other with her meals she has a right moan,
                  To her a meal isn’t a meal without potatoes 😁

DD picked Storm up just after lunch , So I washed the floors , he had been in and out of the garden so wet paw marks all over .
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good morning. A better morning than yesterday.

Seen the devastation in America, from a weekend of tornadoes. I think Oklahoma was the worst affected.

Dishwasher on doing its job, going to sort some washing out, hopefully I'll be able to hang it out.

Dinner is pork steak with potatoes in some form or other, veg and gravy.

Comment

Morning Nanto
                      Its a good drying day here too,
                      Hope you get your washing out and it dries quickly.

Plant
                      Hope the family got off ok this morning and no more mishaps,

I Have blood tests at 8.40 then I want to go to B&Q

The garden hose holder we have on the back of the gate is one of those green plastic ones and it’s all bent,
                      The hose we use on that is very long and heavy so need a metal one ,

We did have one of the hose reel wall mounted that retracted automatically but the mechanism kept breaking so now just have a long hose.
                      I can’t manage those you wind yourself .

Hope everyone is well today x
                      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good Monday morning, everyone. It's sunny here as well, but the ground is saturated again after overnight rain.

Nanto, I'm sure the pork will be tasty. I haven't seen the news, but tornados are devastating.

Oma, I had one of those retractable hose pipes for my birthday a couple of years ago, and I love it. Fingers crossed it doesn't break like yours. I hope your blood test is ok.

Plant, what a series of mishaps yesterday. I do hope the baby doesn't have chickenpox, but better not to risk spreading it round the family. Did they all get away on time for their trip to Normandy. It will seem quiet at yours today but hopefully GD1 and H will be over to see you.

I need to get myself ready and take the dogs out. Missy is used to walkies much earlier than this! Her family should be home this afternoon. I also want to wash a load of dog towels. I keep putting it off because of the weather.
                        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Better morning here too Nan2, sunny but windy.

OH has blood tests today too Oma.

Had Eva enjoyed having Missy to stay do you think Daisy?

Aquafit this morning. OH has a routine blood test to get done and the best place is the NHS section of the centre I go to for aquafit. My auntie has her eye injections there too.
                          OH can go anytime, no appointment needed but she will go this morning so we can take one car out. She will have the test then meet me after my class. We will go to buy the new coffee table afterwards as the furniture shop is very close to the leisure centre.

Comment

Gemini good luck with the coffee table buying

Daisy, yes very quiet here, family are on the boat just out of Poole Harbour. I am sure Missy will enjoy her walk with Eva.

Nanto, I haven’t had pork for ages. Hope you get your washing dry.

We have a couple of wall mounted hoses Oma, they have been there for ages, haven’t had to use them this year except to fill the bird bath.

Comment

Its been a morning of sun and cloud, but the breeze has dried the washing lovely.
                              So,musn't grumble. I've brought the washing in now.
                              Hope those going for blood tests are ok.

Comment

Nan2, we got bedding out on the line and so far it hasn't rained on it!

I hope your family enjoy their break Plant.

Good aqua session this morning, always a good way to start the week. OH met me and friends for coffee, then we bought the coffee table
                                We don't actually have it yet because although there was one in stock we were in my car (we hadn't thought that one through!) My car is too small and has a fixed baby seat so we will collect it in OH's in a day or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X