No announcement yet.

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizzie, so sorry you have the blues you are usually so upbeat.

Oma, am sure the dust doesn’t have time to settle in your house. It will be good to have some news of Glamm.

Nanto, enjoy your trip to the garden center, I love a good coffee.

Gemini, enjoy your time with GS3 and your DD.

I didn’t want to leave my bed this morning, it is so miserable outside. I have FaceTimed GD1, she is slightly better. Problem is H is so much a mummy’s girl.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Messaged Glamms DD this is the reply poor Glamm it doesnt sound good she’s really gone down hill .
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good Saturday morning, everyone. It's still windy bat at least it's dry at the moment.

Oma, thank you so much for getting an update from Glamm's DD. She does sound very poorly, but hoping with continuous oxygen she will gain strength to fight these nasty bugs. Sending her prayers, good vibess and caring thoughts.

Lizzie, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling down in the dumps. Sending love to you as well and hope things soon look better for you. xxx

Gem, have a lovely time with DD3 and little E. I'm sure your photos will be fine and will make for a hilarious guessing game on tomorrow night.

Nanto, enjoy your day out, and as Gem says, I hope you find some Christmas bargains to put away for next year.

Oma, we took Eva for a run in the paddock last night. She loves it there. She likes to have a squeaky ball which she runs round with and then rolls on. She never wants to share it with us, so she carries it all the way home (in the car) and eventually loses interest in it! Enjoy your afternoon with Storm. As Plant says, I can't imagine dust ever settles in your house. x

Plant, not wanting to leave y our bed is a good reason for having a lie in. Good to hear your GD1 is slightly better. It's so hard recovering when you've got small children who just want their mummy.

We've had our Sainsbury's order this morning, so all systems go now to get some baking done for tomorrow evening. Just mince pies and cheese straws, as we've still got a whole Christmas cake, a panetonne and other goodies.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh dear, sorry to hear there is no improvement for Glamma.

Lizzie,hope you perk up soon. I was only thinking this morning that you have been quiet.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oma, Thank you for keeping in touch with Glamm’s DD. News not very good, she is really having a bad time. Do you remember her smoking her last cigarette in Birmingham.

Comment

I have never been a Christmas person, I don’t have the “feeling” when I see the trees, lights etc. I have always done Christmas dinner etc, then when the boys left home I told them they would always be welcome but certainly no pressure on them to “eat” here over Christmas.

Last year I did Boxing day meal here for them all, to get them all together, only GD2 had the flu so DIL stayed home with her.

I said I would do the same this year, DS1 asked if I minded if they didn’t come, GD1 was working and they wanted an early start on the the 27th, they have been in Hamburg for a few days. I told him I didn’t mind at all, I told DS2 that they could decided whether to come or not, they said they would come, even asked what the dessert was as they fancied trifle.

I went to DS1 on Christmas day and got a message from DS2 that DIL wasn’t feeling well, I asked if she was in bed? No, because her daughters and families were eating there.

I was busy on Boxing day getting everything prepared etc when DS2 phoned, this was 10-30am, they wouldn’t be coming as DIL wasn’t well! I was so annoyed I couldn’t talk, later on DIL phoned to ask if they could come a day later?? Then, I got the blame, as I am not keen on Christmas I wouldn’t be too bothered them not coming, that is when I got really annoyed, I asked why DS2 couldn’t come alone for a while to eat what I had prepared, that is what DS1 did last year, I shouldn’t have said that, I haven’t heard from them since!

I throw all out, except the chicken, in no time got rid of all my Christmas things (not many to start with), cleaned through, crying all the time!

DS1 messaged to ask how it was going so I told him I had binned it all except the chicken. DIL1 phoned and said to go there and take the chicken, I told her I wasn’t bothered, she said if I didn’t they would come for me, so, I went, DIL put the chicken in the Ninya, they had veg etc left from Christmas day and it was a good meal in the end.

A friend of my DS2 had invited us for New Years Eve, I was there last year, I got a message from him on Thursday that DIL2 wasn’t “fit” so they wouldn’t be there, that is good when you know on the Thursday how you will feel on the Sunday evening!

At the moment I feel lousy! I do hope to be there tomorrow evening though.

I will survive!

Comment

Oh, Lizzie, I can feel the pain in your words. You are such a caring person and always doing things for other people, and you must feel hurt at the way things have happened. Christmas and New Year can be such an emotional time for many people, and even if we don't intend to, we often end up with expectations of how it might be.

I hope tomorrow evening helps to restore you to your usual sunny self. In the meantime, sending big hugs, and a nice soft hankie. (It's what my GD2 always wants if she's crying.)

xxx
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Thank you Daisy!xxx

Comment

I echo Daisy's words .
                    This time of year emotiond are heightened I think.
                    Sometimes a good cry does you good.
                    I hope you enjoy tomorrow and feel better lv xxxx

Comment

Lizzie, what a mix up, very unsettling and disappointing for you not knowing from one day to another what you will be doing when you have made plans.
                      There has been a lot of illness around here I gather, fortunately we were all fit.

Comment

My two youngest has spent Christmas in New York they have had the best time
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Lizzie, big HUGS to you. I can imagine how you feel. I hope you feel happier soon, and vent to us whenever you like! xxx

Great photos Oma I bet they have had a lovely time.

Did you get the baking done Daisy? I did the photo sheets.

I am so sorry to hear about Glamma. I hope they have tested for a UTI as that can cause confusion. Poor Glam and her family. I know we all wish her well here and want her home and well, and coming to see us here.

DD3 and baby spent the day here. Baby has a cold which seemed to get worse as the day went on. He slept for almost 3 hours this afternoon and after that and some Calpol he perked up a lot.
                          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning on this last day of the year.

Oh Lizzie,what a tough time its been for you. Hope you feel brighter soon.

Oma, lovely photos.

No plans for us today.

Not doing a special dinner,just chips.peas and pork chops.
                            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good New Year's Eve morning, everyone.

A busy day at the Daisy homestead again. I didn't bake yesterday, but did other things, so I have to get a move on today!

Lizzie, I hope today is a happier day for you.

Gem, did DD3 have a disturbed night with little E having a cold? You feel so sorry for little ones when they are poorly, so I hope he's over the worst. Have a great time tonight. What are you cooking?

Nanto, I think chips, peas and pork chops will be just what I want after tonight. Enjoy your day.

Clover, I hope you have something nice organised for your birthday. My MIL's was 31 December, and if we were within travelling distance we used to take her out for lunch. It was always quiet and always seemed a bit special.

Thinking of Glam. Gem - a good thought about testing for UTIs. I hope she's ok. OH's eldest sister is in hospital with pneumonia and Covid and it's hard for her OH not being able to visit. One of their DDs works at the same hospital though so she is able to get up to date reports more easily.

Plant, I hope you all continue to stay fit and well. How is your GD1 now?

Oma, what brilliant photos of your GS2 and GD. I bet they're having an amazing time.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning to all, and a happy New Year's Eve.

I think a lot of us are hoping for a better 2024 than 2023 has been. Special thoughts to Glamma.

That dinner sounds good to me Nan2.

Our guests will arrive from 7, apart for two who come by bus and have permission to come early if need be
                                We will eat at 8. We are having sweet and sour chicken or quorn. OH makes a fantastic one from scratch which always goes down very well. She has spent the past few days cooking it in batches, as we are not used to cooking for 10! Tonight we just have to heat it up and cook lots of rice. We have prawn crackers (shop bought) too. I will make my mulled wine this afternoon.
                                So not a lot to do today apart from the usual quick dust and hoover and give bathroom and downstairs loo a clean, and set the table.

Whether you are celebrating with friends or family tonight, having quiet night in or going to bed before midnight, I wish you a happy and healthy new year, and thank you all so much for your company and friendship this year.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X