X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone.

Daisy, I hope your DS had a good night.

Enjoy the pub meal Nan2.

Aquafit for me this morning, then hopefully staying for coffee. One of my friends is on holiday for the next 3 weeks so it will just be the 2 of us.
    OH has an appointment at Boots hearing clinic this morning. She's really not happy with the hearing aids, she could hardly hear when we went to the cinema and there have been other problems. Her friend seems to have just been given something very similar on the NHS so I think she may hand these back in an try that route again! She has been back to Boots several times to try to get it sorted out.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Daisy you need to save your energy for DS recovery. Everything else can wait .

DS is coming for lunch today so we are having good old sausage and mash . I am using the last of the cheese to make cheesy mash . OH is only advised to have a limited amount of cheese so that will be his quota for some considerable time.

Dr has suggested that I keep taking Amitriptyline for the pain in hip , its an anti depression drug that also contains pain relief, but not immediately. It can take weeks before any benefits show which considering arthritis pain tends to flair up and down its going to be interesting to see if its the tablets that's actually making a difference.

Looks as if its going on be another very cold day but on the plus side we have lots of spring bulbs coming up in our planters which is lovely to see

Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, I have heard that Amitriptyline is very good for nerve pain. I wish I had known this when I suffered badly with severe sciatica last year. In your position I think I may try it. Also, I hope you wont need a replacement but if you do recoveries from that op are far better than from knee replacement.
        Lovely to see the spring shoots I agree
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone

Its bright but bitter cold that wind cuts through you.

Nanto
          Better the power cut now than when you get your new freezer , enjoy your lunch xx

Gem
          No use if the hearing aids don’t work well , it’s a lot of money to pay for something you can’t use.
          enjoy Aquafitxx

Mimi
          enjoy lunch with DS bangers and mash with gravy is a real winter warmer 😁

I was given Amitriptyline to help me sleep , I couldn’t take them I felt dreadful ,
          B was given them for pain he couldn’t take them either he felt like a Zombie worse than the Morphine .
          I have heard of people who are fine on them though so I suppose it’s each individual react differently ,
          I hope your ok on them .

We went to Aldi then to the farm shop B wanted some steak ,
          I didn’t bother putting a scarf on or gloves as it looked nice out ,
          I was wrong it was freezing .
          We in and heating on to warm up .

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, everyone.

It's sunny here, but bitterly cold.

I think DS has had a good night - he was quite put out that breakfast didn't arrive on time, and he was hungry. No further news yet today, though. Eva has had her staples out, so she can go to Cooper's today and OH will come and join me at DS's.

Keep warm everyone. I hope Glamm is ok - sending hugs to her. xxx
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Another bright cold morning here. Just been to ta'i chi, which certainly focusses the mind! Ladies group this afternoon, a talk by a lady who's walking the British coastline (in stages ) to raise money for Alzheimers. Could be interesting!

I'm allergic to Amitriptyline!

Hope your son continues to make good progress Daisy and I hope there's good news from Glamm.

Keep warm everyone x

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Gosh maybe Amiwhatsit isn't such a good option then! I have never taken it so can't comment. Everyone is different so they must suit some people.

Daisy, good that OH is on his way to you.

Aqua was good. It was chilly though!
                OH gave back her aids and will be refunded. As you say Oma it's a lot of money for it to be no help! She has an NHS hearing appointment on Friday, so we will see how that goes.

Comment

Hallo everyone, the sun is shining, only thing is it is still bitter cold! I went to visit a friend this morning, it is the man with the start of alzeimers, he was just waiting for a taxi bus to pick him up to take him to the day centre, he was going 2 days a week, now 3, he enjoys it and it keeps him occupied, they get a meal as well so that is all good for him, I will call in for coffee on Friday. I was on my way home on the bike when GD1 phoned me, she was stuck in the metro near here so thought she would phone me to tell me she loves me!!! I told her my hands were freezing answering the phone!

I was just reading that there has been a lot of problems all morning so I hope that is all back to normal now.

I have been to the circuit training, I do enjoy that, we all do, a nice group of people, we usually have coffee and a chat when we have finished the training.

Gem, our aqua is chilly, I take a bathrobe at the moment for when I get out of the pool, it does help. I hope S gets settled with her aids, I just have the one, from the insurance, to be quite honest I forget to use it with only needing it in the one ear.

I was just reading what Amitriptyline is, as it is used as an antidepressant it will have the same working as most of them, tired and as Oma said, make you feel like a zombie.

Oma, my DS1 was in Frankfurt a few days, he doesn't usually mind the cold but it was -17 degrees and he had no gloves with him, he said walking back to the hotel from the restaurant his hands almost fell off! Like mine yesterday, I have just sorted scarves, hats etc out.

Comment

Daisy
                    Good news Eva has her staples out ,
                    DS must be feeling a bit better if he was hungry for Breakfast 😁

WG
                    Hope the speaker is good what a lovely lady to do all that for a excellent cause.

Gem
                    Glad S is getting a refund , fingers crossed the NHS ones are better xx

Lizzie
                    It is cold isn’t it when even answering your phone your fingers are frozen cold ,
                    I have to warm my gloves up before I put them on as I have short fingers that never reach the end of the gloves so there is always a pocket of cold air otherwise 😁
                    I have a lovely pair of woolen mittens that have a flap you can lower to use your fingers I will get them out while I remember ,
                    Ithink they will be better for me 😁

Sounds like the daycare centre is just what your friend needs and at least you know he’s getting fed .

We have just had post the first in about 3 weeks , all rubbish of course nothing interesting as usual 🙄😁

Comment

Daisy, that is amazing, your son hungry for his breakfast. I am sure your OH will be pleased to join you, how long will your DS be in hospital?

Lizzie, sounds like your friend is very happy going to the day centre for an extra day. What a lovely thought your GD phoning to say she loves you. You reap what you sew Lizzie.

Gemini, I don’t blame S for taking her aids back if they didn’t do what they needed to do. I hope she can find a solution to her hearing loss.
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Thanks ladies. The hearing aids were just under £3,000, money we could do more exciting things with! It's one thing paying for something to enhance your life, but not when it doesn't!

Comment

That is a lot of money Gem!!!

Comment

Gem, thats a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work.
                            Glad S is getting a refund.

Daisy,good to hear DS was hungry,its a good sign.
                            Pleased Eva is ok after having the staples out.

Oma, our heating has been on all day,after the power was restored.
                            Its been very cold,damp and miserable.

We enjoyed our pub meal,but then we always do.

New freezer is in situ and settling.
                            Hubby will switch it on when he is ready for going to bed. I can't reach the plug.
                            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem
                              B paid a little over £3000 for his but luckily they have been no bother .

Nanto
                              Weather has been the same here and so dark.

Comment

Oma I heard of someone paying £5000!

There was a pre Christmas discount so I think they would have been over £3000 normally.

Comment

Working...
                                X