X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant
    Hes not back till I think around end of the month ,
    B said he’s going to Uni if he would get holidays like that 😁

GS does have assignments to do while he’s at home so not totally without work .
    GS Lucie DD &SIL all off to Krakow for a few days on the 5th .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Well 8i think it started raining about 10.30 this morning,and it hasn't stopped.
      Been quite heavy at times.
      Bedding has been changed,washed what i took off,but no way could it go out to dry.
      Upstairs all cleaned,downstairs was tidied up.
      Cuppa and cake time soon.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant, I wish I had thought about a blanket for the dog, but it never occurred to me for second that anyone would let their dog on a friend's furniture! If ever we let her bring her again I will be prepared.

Daisy the library was warm enough. I had taken a fleece to wear but didn't need it. OH went to the golf club this morning. It's competition day and a few of them met up socially in the clubhouse.

It rained heavily when I was out this morning Nan2 but I think its eased off a little.

Well that was a very busy library morning! The first day open since before Christmas and everyone was returning and/or borrowing, and lots of people needing help. I did just over two hours and there was enough for me to have done several more! I was enjoying myself and tempted, but I have to be sensible while my knee is healing.

Off to update tomorrow's Tesco order.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

It’s never stopped raining , I’ve done the ironing and sorted tea for GS, he’s gone to the driving range for a hour first m
          He was coming this morning but something cropped up so coming for tea .

Comment

My Nephew who is in the Army has been on leave for 6 weeks as he badly broke his arm ,
            He was travelling back to Sailisbury today , so far it’s taken 8 hours and several changes due to cancellations,
            Finally got on another train for it to stop at Reading due to a tree on the line ,
            A Army pal is doing a 4 hour round trip to pick him up to get back to camp for tomorrow.

He had to leave his car at camp when he came home as he couldn’t drive ,
            He said he’s fed up tired and has a headache ,
            Just wants to get back to camp now.

Said people are ringing around hotels to get rooms as all trains are cancelled.

Comment

Blimey Oma, thats one heck of a journey for you nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi View Post
                Daisy, my mum was extremely superstitious , she would never do any washing on New Year's day as she claimed it would bring you bad luck . Well I did two loads of washing yesterday!
                Dad on the other hand was the complete opposite, he didn't believe in anything like that and I have to admit I follow his way of thinking.
                Mimi, I had never heard any one say anything like that except my mother, but yesterday there was a whole thread on a FB page local to my home town about variations on this superstition. Most of them were along the lines of 'you'll wash a member of your family away if you wash on New Year's Day'.

Plant, I'm sure the glass of Champagne with your family was very relaxing after such a hectic Christmas. Did you get any shopping done?

Gem, how lovely that the library was so busy. . I hope S enjoyed meeting up with her golfing pals today.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Last edited by Nanto2girls; 03-01-2024, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Oops pressed reply before I was ready.

Good mornin, i don't think it's raining for a change.
                    Didn't get the lights off the tree yesterday due to the rain.
                    Hopefully we will get it done today.

Gem, glad you enjoyed your time at the library.

Daisy, how is Eva doing.

Lizzie, hope you are feeling a bit brighter.

Not much happening here today.

I know there is a pile of ironing to be done.

Baby potatoes, bacon and beans for dinner.

Off for another cuppa now.

Comment

Good morning Nan2 and everyone else.

Aqua this morning for me. Tesco delivery between 4 and 5. As for the rest of the day, who knows?!
                      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning, Nanto, yes, I am feeling better thanks, getting on with life!!!

We had the storm during the night, so much more rain and flooding, there is more expected as the rivers get the overflow from German rivers.

It is very dark at the moment, the forecast is brighter and colder after Friday, I hope they are right.

I am going to the training then I may get the blazer lined this afternoon.

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, everyone.

Nanto, cute graphic. Wouldn't it be lovely to see the sun rising like that.

Gem, I'm sure the day will get filled up with all sorts of activities. Enjoy your Aqua. Are you having coffee afterwards?

Lizzie, the storm was bad, wasn't it. It sounds as though you could have some serious flooding.

OH has got two of his car buddies here for the day. I need to get the kitchen tidied up a bit before they come, so I'll pop back later.
                          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning everyone
                            We went to Aldi first thing then to the farm shop,
                            B wanted a Lamb rack they didn’t have any but ordered one for tomorrow , Im not keen .

Lizzie
                            The storms have been bad in parts of the UK , my poor nephew didn’t get back to camp in Salisbury till after 1am this morning , left Sunderland at 7.30 am , due to train cancellations and trees on the lines

Daisy
                            Are you having an easy day today after a hectic Christmas and new year , how is Eva ?

Gem
                            Enjoy your Aqua ,

Nanto
                            Enjoy your cupper , have a lazy day leave the ironing till later 😁

GS came for tea last night stayed a few hours ,

B didn’t sleep well last night he had to go see Physio yesterday and by time they twisted his knee and hip and back they made worse of it ,
                            Basically told him what he knew the osteoporosis is bad and not much they can do for the pain.

Libra gran text this morning her and hubby are doing well settled back in Dorset.

Glamms DD sent this this morning a up date on Glamm .
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I've just had a message from Plant. She was admitted to hospital, but is coming home soon. I'm still at the pool but will explain more unless she posts before me.

Comment

Plant had a fairly bad bleed from the bowel and was taken to Stoke Mandeville.
                                They are pretty sure now that her blood thinning meds are to blame. The last I heard she was waiting to go home.
                                It must have been very scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X