This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a lovely few hours and Sunday lunch. With GS and Lucie,
    Hes taking Her back to Newcastle to her Uni then calling in on way back to pick up a bag of goodies we bought him 😁

Its very cold today I can’t get warm.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Raining heavily this morning.
      From what I've seen on the forecast it's going to get worse. Apparently storm Debi is coming. Some areas will have thunder and lightning as well.

Mash, bacon and beans for dinner.

Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good Monday Morning Ladies,
        I feel so much better today still poorly and achy & jittery but getting better slowly I could rattle the amount of medication I am taking another course of antibotics ordered and steroids its never ending.

My family have been wonderful DD made and brought over some red pepper & potato soup so good and helped my apitite no end,she went off to Aldi and stocked up my fridge for me and stocked up Olivers food for him DS1 brought treats from Sainsburys .

Lovely news on the family side of things after that fall out my boys had (initiated by their wives) they have mended their bridges at last I am so so happy about that my youngest boy has meet up with brother and they had a good old catch up.

Gems I am going to buy a soup maker once I feel better and can get out and about maybe in a couple of weeks when I feel better I must say my Dr has been 1st class she has been ringing me every few days to check on me even asking me if I need help arranged by Social Services how good is she ?

Next week-end my friend who was very close when we lived in Spain she ran a restaurant same as we did is coming to The Wirral for 4 days and staying at local Travel Lodge I have not seen her for over 12 yrs and hope I am well enough to enjoy the visit she & her hubby want to take me to dine out locally but at the minute the enthusiasim is just not there unfortunatly,DD suggests a takeaway would go down better.

I'm really missing going to Liverpool at this time of year I really love the market stalls with the Street Foods from around the world.

Well thats all my news and I have read all the posts and am up to date with everything will keep in touch my lovely friends xxx Glamma xxx
        Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Good morning everyone.

A horrible dark and wet morning Nan2.

Lunch out with GS sounded lovely Oma.
          ​​​​​
          You have been poorly Glamma, thank goodness you are on the mend. Take care though, early days. Homemade soup is very good for recuperation.

After a terrible weekend of us both feeling ill we hope we have turned a corner today. Covid tests still negative .OH has cancelled her dental checkup and I'm not collecting GS1 from school. Storm Debi seems to be here and we will be glad to stay inside and get better.

Keep warm everyone.
          ​​​​​​
          β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone

Gem
            A. Wise move stay in this weather is horrible , last thing both of you need is to get soaked through.

Glam
            Every cloud has a silver lining , you may be very poorly but at least your boys have made up
            Your A is a darling considering her leg and she still frets about you , that’s a good girl you have there 😁
            Hope each day gets better and your able to enjoy your friends visit xx

Nanto
            That Graphic looks just like out of my window at the moment πŸ₯΄

Plant
            How is your DD today ? Hope your all still negative , how is GDs ankle ?

Isnt this weather dreadful,
            Yesterday was cold at the Cenotaph but dry trouble is our village one draws such a crowd you can hardly hear the crevice ,
            Its only a tiny village green but they look after it beautifully.

Storm has no desire To go walking in this rain thank goodness , he’s curled up on his bed at my feet,
            Went out to do his business in the garden and straight back in ,
            Stood watching me from the patio windows with my coat hood up and umbrella clearing it up 😁

I did my usual dusting tidying and hoovering went upstairs to get sorted came down and Storm had murdered one of his soft toys , white packing all over the place , then went to sleep , while I cleared it up again πŸ™„

Man coming to do usual checks on the Stairlift sometime between 12.30 & 5pm so nothing planned today

A day of staying in and keeping dry

Comment

Good Monday morning, everyone.

Glamm, how lovely to see you posting and even better that you are feeling better. Home made soup is fantastic when you're poorly, isn't it. What great news that your sons have made up their quarrel - it was always driven by their other halves, wasn't it. It must make you very happy to see them friends again. The way you're going you will be able to enjoy your friends' visit next week-end - something to look forward to. How is A's foot? She's a gem of a daughter, and a wonderful gran to her GCs.

Gem, I really do hope you and S have taken a turn for the better, but staying in, resting and keeping warm is very sensible. Definitely a day for looking after yourselves. Big hugs. xx

Oma, I think it's lovely that GS and Lucie keep popping back home and spending time with you and B. What great youngsters they are. Poor Storm, having to use outdoor facilities in the pouring rain. Murdering a soft toy was perhaps his way of getting revenge on the weather! Eva's the same though. Say the magic "W" word and she doesn't care about the weather, but being sent out into the garden is a total no-no for her.

Nanto, I hope you avoid Storm Debi - your graphic looks all too familiar at the moment!

I think we had torrential rain here yesterday, looking at how much water there is in the garden. Unfortunately, "someone" (my face is red) forgot to close the sunroof on her car on Saturday afternoon, so it was open until we got home late last night. OH noticed when my car alarm suddenly went off! I haven't been out to have a look yet, but I don't suppose it will be a pretty sight.

OH and DS1 had a good time at the Classic Car Show. They both got some totally unexciting 'bits' for their respective projects and DS was pleased to meet some of the YuTubers he follows. The journeys to and from Birmingham were horrible, though - mist/fog and rain. DIL and I had a lovely relaxing day, doing nothing much but chat, and both GSs were home and were popping in and out to join in. It was such a miserable, cold day we lit the log burner early and kept warm. DIL's mum came round in the afternoon for a catch up. It's always good to see her. The only down side was the b****y fireworks both evenings. Poor Eva was terrified.

Back to reality today. I've got washing on and the next job is drying out my poor car.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

, I haven’t heard anything from GD this morning, she is managing to get around their flat without her crutches but foot istill bruised and swollen. If DD is now clear she might have fetched her and H. Her OH, his sister and their stepfather will be making arrangements for their Grandmother’s funeral. Dil popped into to see me yesterday afternoon, she was out shopping so called in and spent some time with me, I am lucky to have such a lovely Dil.

Gemini, pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better but don’t take on too much until you are better.

Oma, I expect Storm was angry about the weather so took it out on his toy.

Glamm, you must be feeling frustrated now you are feeling a bit stronger. You do have a wonderful doctor, checking up on you.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good morning everyone, rain, yet again, after a lovely day yesterday, it was Saturday as well really.

Glamm, pleased to read you are improving, take it easy though.

Gem, the same for you and DH, there are so many with colds and flu at the moment.

Daisy, your poor car! If you had the rain that we had last week, it will be like a swimming pool! I got soaked on Thursday, my legs hurt a few days from the arthritis in knee's etc, I shall have to stay dry in the future!

We are going to aqua, in the car again.

I went to DS2 yesterday for lunch, DIL2 has a very sore shoulder, she was getting in touch with her doctor this morning.

I have actually sold a pair of boots! With losing the weight I have lost 12 cms from my calves and they were far too wide, I think I had only wore them once, never mind, I got a good price for them, I will take them to the depot this afternoon.

Comment

Daisy we had some very loud fireworks near here Last night! OH wasn't feeling at all well and had gone to bed for a while then all the noise started.
                    I hope your car dries out

Plant don't worry I am giving myself some recovery time! I have sent my apologies to tomorrow's Library Friends meeting, someone else will have to take the minutes. I will also cancel my aqua booking for Wednesday morning.

Oh Lizzie. I can only dream of slim calves! Even when I weigh a lot less my legs are never slim!
                    β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Daisy
                      Oh my Goodness your poor car 😱, I do hope there isn’t too much damage x
                      Thankfully the fireworks seem to have stopped here , think it’s been too wet to be honest.

Plant
                      Nice to see your DIL , sad days ahead for GDs hubby and family .

Gem
                      Im with you on slim calves even when I was a size 10 I had fat legs 😁

Lizzie
                      Nice to get some money for your boots , I was talking to my Hairdresser last week she sells everything on Vintage
                      never throws anything away ,

Daisy
                      Storm will happily go for a walk although hates his ears getting wet , but go in the garden and you think he was being drowned 😁

Comment

B went out and cleared the leaves in the garden just 1 hour ago , this is it again now .
                        fighting a losing battle πŸ™„
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Definitely a losing battle!

Comment

Glamma, good to hear you are turning a corner.

Oma, its the same here with leaves.

We did have some sunshine this morning, but its wild out there now.

Gem, hope S feels better soon.
                            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto
                              We had a brief dry spell when B went to the garden but it’s wild here again also ,
                              Windy wet and dark brrrr

Comment

Windy wet and wild here too .

It may have done us both good to get a bit of fresh air today were it not so terrible.
                                We both feel rubbish still. I have cancelled tomorrows and Wednesdays plans and OH has pulled out of a golf competition and meal tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X