This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, a bit foggy this morning.
    If it comes nice like it did yesterday, we are hoping to get the grass cut for the first time this year.

Oma, hope B's appointment goes well.

Dinner is carrot, swede and potato mash, bacon and beans.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Fine here but dull . Our grass is still far too wet for cutting Nan2.

Lizzie you may remember that when DD moved house to a new area there was no place at the local school for GS. He goes to a school 3 or 4 miles away. No school buses just the general bus or drive. He leaves in July anyway.

Good news is DD1 bought the car she looked at yesterday. They are going to clean and MOT it so hopefully she will have it soon. It is an ex hire car, and it turns out it is not only the same model but the exact same car she hired. She recognised it by some rice spilled in the boot when she had it!! No need for a test drive as she had obviously driven it several times already.

DD is dressing GS3 then catching the bus to work. He was delighted to wake up and find mummy in the same room No golf for OH due a men's competition today, so we may go out with baby
      β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone

Dull and wet here and cold.

Gem
        Pleased DD got the car takes some pressure off you now.

Lizzie
        Make the most of any nice weather your way 😁

Been to Aldi , B got Drs at 11. Not sure what time SIL is coming to do carpet but it’s all ready for him apart from Sofa and Chairs everything is out of sitting room .

Bs back is killing today he’s to old and not well enough to be taking carpets up,
        SIL would have done it and much quicker but no Mr superman here insisted he would πŸ™„
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good Thursday morning, everyone.

Just a brief 'hello' from me. We are staying at DS1 and DIL1's until tomorrow, but had some sad news last night. My OH's eldest sister passed away. She was due to go home today for palliative care and we were going to visit her on Saturday or Sunday. Sadly it's not to be. OH has lost 2 siblings in 6 months.

This sister has been a huge part of our family life for as long as I've known my OH. Their eldest DD was my little bridesmaid. I shall miss her a lot.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh Daisy what sad news. I'm sorry to hear this. Condolences to OH and to you xxx
            β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

So sorry to hear your sad news Daisy.

Comment

Daisy, what sad news, my condolences to your family.xxx

Comment

Oh Daisy how sad , sending hugs xxxxx

Comment

How sad for the family, sending love
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news Daisy. Love and best wishes.xx

Comment

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts. It’s been a very strange day but Oh had a short chat with his BIL this morning. I’ll catch up with other news when we’re back home tomorrow evening. Hope everyone is ok. 😘
                        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Our day didn't go as planned.
                          The weather didn't allow to us to get the grass cut.
                          We were hoping for a bit of sun to dry it off,but alas no.
                          Hopefully we'll get it done tomorrow.

Oma, is the new carpet down now?

Comment

Nanto
                            Yes all done everything back where it should be,
                            Im really pleased with it ,
                            Its not what we usually have this is a dark slate grey / blue ,
                            We usually have cream but it makes the room feel warmer some how .

Now deciding if I should change the curtains and the main wall paper 😁

Shame about the weather not allowing you to get the grass cut maybe tomorrow will be dryer .

Comment

No sun here either Nan2. Dull all day

Oma are you pleased with the carpet? I agree B must not pull up any more carpets!

We took GS3 to feed the ducks this morning. Mummy took him home around 7. We had bathed him and got him ready for bed before she got back. They could have stayed over again tonight but needed to get back for the cat

Comment

Early morning from me this morning, can't sleep as per usual.

Was supposed to go to the theatre yesterday evening to see Tim Vine but was unable to go as back/ hip was playing up .

Yesterday our gardening handyman came to give us a quote for laying some paving slabs , putting a matching lawn edging alongside the gravel bedding area and taking up the stepping stones that lead to the rotary line as they are too small and replace with the paving slabs ( OH tends to do a very 'tut' if my feet strays on to his precious lawn )
                                OH is going to lay the stepping stones down onto the gravel area at a later date.
                                Hopefully work will start by the end as the month weather permitting.

So excited, DD, SIL and two youngest GS's will be here on Saturday so I have ordered Easter eggs for GS's in my grocery order delivery which unfortunately is due to arrive the same day because DD wants to smuggle them back home without GS's seeing them as we won't see them at Easter as they will be in Disney World Florida.

OH has drs appointment today and hopefully I will be a little bit more mobile and able and go with him.

Daisy so sorry to hear about OH's sister, two siblings in 6 months must be heartbreaking.
                                Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X