Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea sounded nice Gem.

I think we have gone back to winter now.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I agree Nan2, I have put a cardigan and socks on.

Poor Oma still not feeling well
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning.

Sun is shining but there are some iffy looking clouds in the distance.
        I'm hoping to get a load of darks washed and out for a blow.

Dinner will be roast potatoes, pork chops, veg and gravy.

Comment

Good morning Nan2, good morning everyone else.

Washing on here too Nan2.

I hope Oma is feeling a bit better this morning. Get well Soon Oma if you look in xx

Sunny start here but there are clouds.
          No firm plans. There was going to be get a family together at DD1's but as DD2's family are double booked it has been postponed.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning ladies
            Just a quick one ,
            I feel horrible today no sleep with the cough and temperature.
            I went in the spare room during the night so B could get some sleep as I coughed none stop.

Had a shower thinking I would feel better but just felt faint .
            I am hoping a few days and I will be fighting fit again, at the moment I just feel sorry for myself .
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

So sorry to hear this Oma. Just rest, take care and get well soon . Rest, water and paracetamol xx

Comment

Oma, you need to stay in bed in one temperature, I hope you feel better soon.

Very dull here, we are supposed to be going to an open day at the Horses Trust where GD1 used to work. We don’t want it too be hot but no rain.

Gemini, shame about your get-together, another day.

Nanto, a lovely roast dinner in your house today.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

0bf69cf2-49ee-4de5-bcc3-06ca0eb3937c.jpg 9f083ed0-4d1f-42a4-b134-904215c0feb5.jpg d5d4a9e4-8526-4a7a-bf56-d0e5ccb0eb24.jpg Good morning, much cooler here, luckily, clouds now and again, I have just moved a few plants around on the balcony as I couldn't move!

Oma, make sure you are better before you get up and about.xxx
                  Last edited by Lizzie48; 30-06-2024, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Much cooler here, if fact there is a slight drizzle.

Take care, Oma. Rest up and do nothing! Lots of fluid too.

Had a nice morning yesterday at knit and natter at the library and I e also signed up for a new reading group they are starting. They used to have one but they on,y read crime and I like more variety which this new one will be, so will look forward to that.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Enfys, I agree with you, I think a varied book club will be better than one solely for crime fiction.

I hope you all enjoyed the Horse's Trust open day Plant, and it wasn't too hot.

What a thriving balcony Lizzie!

Today has been sunny on and off, warm but not hot, but no rain. The washing dried well.
                      We went to B&Q this afternoon as OH need a new fitting for the hosepipe. We got that then called in on our friends C and P as OH had borrowed something from P and was returning it. We weren't sure they would be in but they were, so we had a cuppa in their garden. OH is preparing to watch the football match but without much optimism!

Comment

Enfy's the book club will be interesting, a friend of mine has run one for years.

Yes Gem, the plants are growing well out on the balcony, even in the heat!!

The weather is the same here, slight showers forecast this evening, not much by the look of it.

DS1 phoned on his way home from Schiphol, he is treating me to a few days holiday in Rome! That is if I fancy going! He gets points when he stays away with his work and can use them for the hotel, can you remember me meeting you in York Gem, end of October, it must be 14 years ago, I remember GD2 was a baby, it could be 15 years, I stayed at the hotel near the race course, DS1 arranged that for me at the time. He said if I do go not to go in the summer!!! I won't!

Oma, I hope you are feeling better now, I see on the app that 2 of them men that were due to be at the office tomorrow morning are ill, chest infections! I could easily be making coffee for myself.

Comment

I remember us meeting in York for lunch once Lizzie, and meeting at the Altisidora, between York and Hull!

Rome, how lovely

Comment

Me and great great niece at the seaside! IMG_2624.jpg
                            Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                            Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Hope poorly people soon feel better. Am spending a few days in Scotland with my brother and family and enjoying spending time with this gorgeous girl ( in previous post). X
                              Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Good morning on the first day of a new month. Chilly this morning,but its bright.

Kitchen cleaning this morning..
                                Going to make a rhubarb pie and a crumble.
                                Oh, and got a bit of ironing to do.

Dinner is homemade steak and onion pie, took it out of the freezer last night, mash,veg and gravy.

DS2 and DIL arrived safely in Prague yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X