Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh that is sad Oma.

Glamma, welcome back to the forum

Unpacking and washing can always wait Plant!

Grauntie, I don't know the answer to that, in fact I think I tried to reply to Plant's blog but couldn't! I will look into it.

I hope you and Eva don't get too hot Daisy.

Our usual Wednesday aqua instructor is on holiday, and we had a young girl who sometimes stands in. She forgets the average age of the class, we were exhausted! I had coffee and chat with the 2 friends who go to the class, and now am now home relaxing and having my lunch. Loving this nicer weather we all seem to be having
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Had a hour long nap after lunch Then did the ironing.

GS rang full of how he’s happy with his new TV and what he and Lucie are going to do today ,
      They are going food shopping as they are staying till Friday ,

He met his next door neighbours yesterday a middle aged couple who he said was very nice.
      He needed a screw driver to put TV stand on.
      Anyway when he knocked she invited them in for coffee to get to know each other ,
      So he and Lucie went in without their shoes ,

He then invited them to see the flat as it had previously been owned by them and they were curious to see what had been done to it.
      This is when he realised he didn’t have his keys 😱
      They hadn’t put the latch up so they were locked out .

He had no choice but to ring DD and she had to do the 1 hour 40 minutes drive down to take the spare set 🙄 then drive back for work today , she wasn’t impressed 🙄

In the mean time the neighbours loaned Lucie some sandles GS trainers then kindly took them out for a drink and a meal while they waited for DD to get there ,
      How kind was that.

GS said they were Buddhist and very kind lovely people.

DD thanked them as well as GS and they suggested DD left a spare set of keys with them and she did.
      They also left a spare set of their keys with GS so DD made him hang them on the hook behind the door so they were safe.

We have told him to hide a spare set in his car for emergency’s , even if he is locked out of the flat and his car keys are in the flat it’s cheaper to use his breakdown service to come let him in the car to get the spare set than to have to get a locksmith out as DD won’t always be able to do that journey if she’s away with work.

Think he will be more cautious from now.🤣
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

How lovely GS has good neighbours. I bet your DD was not impressed to have to travel that far to get spare keys to GS but it is all new to him.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We’ll Plant he said he will be more aware now and it had to happen at some point 😁

Comment

Oma, I was a LOT older than your GS before I stopped getting locked out

What lovely neighbours! GS and his GF must have impressed them too

It was lovely this afternoon. We got the washing dry and I sat in the garden.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Lovely ladies only got a side view of Daisy 😁
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Lovely photos Oma.
                Sad about the 2 brothers.

Had a good day today.
                After dinner we went down to the bungalow.
                Wonders never cease,we were offered a cuppa this time.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oma, how sad for that family. Your DS is learning about keys and their problems very quickly! At least it wasn't late at night, pouring with rain and freezing cold. What lovely neighbours he's got - they couldn't have made him and his GF more welcome. I didn't notice. you taking the photos, Oma, or I might have pulled a silly face for y ou!

Nanto, it was a good day if you got offered a cuppa!

Gem, I bet you were ready to relax in the garden this afternoon.

Plant's Blog - Plant, this would be a lovely topic to continue with through the seasons. You painted a lovely word picture.

It was hot at dog training today, and we finished a bit early which was great as it saved me and Eva sitting in a long traffic jam. I did a bit of dead heading in the back garden this evening after dinner, but it's going dark so much earlier now.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning, it has been a "hot" night!! The hottest September 6th ever yesterday, don't I know it!

Oma, very sad about the 2 brothers.

I know how GS feels about locking himself out!! Luckily he has lovely neighbours, and mum!

I went to the gym yesterday to the circuit, it is a new one every 2 months, this one started yesterday,it went well really for the first time, there were 10 or 11 of us yesterday, a friendly group we have as well. I really enjoy going, I never thought I would say that!!

Comment

Warm again. Got a load of darks out on the line.

Shopping being delivered between 9 and 10.
                      Had a message, 1 item not available ans 3 substitutions.
                      Will keep 1 but not the other 2.

Dinner, Plan A, Going to the pub with sis in law and her hubby.
                      ​​​​​​​Plan B, go on our own.
                      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Morning Ladies
                        it's so stuffy but drizzling .

Nanto
                        you were lucky getting a cupper 😁 enjoy lunch whatever you end up doing.
                        Good luck with the shopping delivery be interesting to see what the substitutes are .

Lizzie
                        How you coping with your stocking in the heat are you still wearing the lightvweight ones rather than the thick compression ones

Daisy
                        Good it wasn't too hot at training , is it far to travel?
                        Sadly the nights are coming in quick now aren't they.

MILs this morning see what mood shes in 🙄

Comment

Oma, my compression tights are class 2, my sleeves 3, I do wear them!! My neighbour should wear them, it was her DH birthday a while back and I saw that her leg was almost exploding, I was right, she is bandaged in now and there is danger of an open wound so I hope she wears the compression when she gets it.

I have just bought another bike, second hand but almost new, my shopping bike is 17 years old now and certainly been used over those years!! It needs a few things doing to it, my neighbour will do that, now the lock has broken, either from age or someone poking in it trying to steal it when I was at the pool, I have to be careful now as I don't want it falling into the lock when I am out on it.

This one is same make so if it lasts 17 years I will be out and about on it at 93!!!!!!

Comment

Dr. Appt this morning, I will pop in later.
                            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Another hot night here too Lizzie.

Nan2, it sounds as though both plans involve eating out

I hope MIL is cheerful Oma.

I hope all is well at the Drs Plant.

I'm just waiting for baby GS3 to arrive. Another hot day so we won't be going anywhere. We will stick to the house and garden.

Happy Thursday ladies.

Comment

MIL was in a good mood for a change , had a nice visit no nasty remarks she was really cheerful . Makes us want to stay a little longer when she's like that .

Comment

Working...
                                X