No announcement yet.

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanto - nobody on GRU ever talks too much - we love you all. Thank you from me, as well.

I've unpacked as well and thrown everything into the laundry basket apart from the cosy cardi which I didn't wear. It's cooling down here a bit now - only 24C - but I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything.

Oma, B is definitely a treasure.

Gem, you're straight back into routine by the sound of it. Pleased to hear GS was happy going back to school. Hard to believe he's in Year 6!

Lizzie, I do hope the temperatures are more comfortable for you for your holiday. I know you're not a lover of the heat.

We're just having scrambled egg on toast for tea, and I think I need an early night.

We've had a great couple of days, but it's also nice to be home as well.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Glad all our ladies arrived home safely.

Gem,glad GS enjoyed his first day back.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Glamms DD and GD met her off the train and took her for a coffee so she got home safe too šŸ˜
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good morning.

Gardening this morning. Going to start early before it gets too warm.

Dinner will be thin fries, the frozen ones, gammon with pineapple and peas.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Nan2, gardening early is very wise in this hot weather.

I hope all the travellers slept well. I did
            Aqua this morning and hopefully coffee with my friends afterwards.
            I have removed all the clothes from my case for washing , I will unpack the rest this afternoon.

No other plans today as far as I know.
            ā€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.ā€ ā€“ Unknown

Comment

Morning Ladies
              Gardening early is sensible Nanto, you donā€™t want to be out there in the heat xx

Gem
              I emptied mine and they all washed this morning, canā€™t put my case away yet with all the damn glitter , B going to take it into the garden give it a shake and a bang ,
              Was going to hoover it but glitter would be circulating forever šŸ˜

For those that donā€™t know I wore a new black top with Glittery pattern to go to the Ivy,
              Everything was covered in glitter bathroom floor, the bed, my clothes, even the chairs in the pub and restaurant.
              Infact everything I came in contact with šŸ˜

Went to bed at 11.30 didnā€™t move till 7, only woke then because I needed the loo ,
              Really felt like going back to bed but I have Bloods at Drs this morning so had to get myself moving .

Comment

Forgot to say yesterday Didnā€™t Glamm fit in well with us it was like we had just been speaking in person the day before, we just blended with her seamlessly, lovely woman šŸ˜

Comment

Good morning, I am pleased to see all the ladies got home ok, only Daisy with the "eater"! Some people have no manners at all!!

I am going to the circuit soon, it will be very warm but as I am away next week I don't want to miss the start of the new circuit.

It should be a little cooler next week Daisy, only Monday still very warm. 30 degrees is forecast. It is never good is it!!!

Oma, what a thoughtful OH you have! It would be lovely to get home and find he has done so much.

I will go and get my compression legging on, it is a little cooler than tights and bottoms, only, I don't like older women in leggings so I wear a skirt over them until we get into the room!!!

Comment

Good Morning everyone so pleased to be back on line and up and running thanks to Gems & Daisy.
                    What a fab couple of days we had so nice to meet everyone after all these years.
                    My train was on time and I was back in Liverpool at 2-15pm the carriage was almost empty with a table seat to myself it was the first time I didn't have anyone to chat to for a couple of days.
                    My DD & GD met me at Lime Street and we went to the Met Quarter for a coffee before getting the bus back to New Brighton the bus stop is 3 mins from my front door so easy peasy.
                    I was in bed for 9pm and slept very well waking at 6-30am when his lord and master Oliver decided it was time for him to go out.
                    It looks like the sun will be out all day today so I'm spending the day in my garden under the parasol DD is calling in after lunch and we are off to do a shop at M&S & Aldi which are next to each other .
                    Lots of love to everyone its so good to be back on here xxx
                    Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, everyone.

Nanto, when it's this hot, enjoy sitting out in the shade, and leave the gardening for another day.

Glamm, so glad you had a good journey home, and how kind of your DD and GD to meet you at the station. It was lovely to meet you, and I'm just sorry York is too far for a day out in December for me. We southern belles will have to find a place for us to have a December get together. I'm so glad you're back online and able to post again.

Lizzie, you must be relieved the temperatures will drop after Monday. All the autumn/new term activities are getting going, aren't they! If leggings are more comfortable for you I'm sure they also look fine. None of us are 6ft models wearing a size 8!

Oma, I had to laugh about your glitter-fest. It was a lovely top though.

Gem, I slept well too! In fact I'm not making much progress yet this morning. I must go and get a shower, but at least I've done the Sainsbury order for Friday, and arranged to meet a friend for coffee on Thursday.

It's our usual dog training today. I hope the room isn't too hot. The cleaner has a habit of leaving all the blinds up and the sun pours in making it like a furnace for us humans, and unbearable for the dogs.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Just a quickie, how do I respond to Plantā€™s garden blog? I have subscribed.
                        Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                        Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Sorry Grauntie, I am not much help although I was inspired to write it.

Birmingham ladies, thank you very much for keeping an eye on me, we didnā€™t do a lot of walking this time. I will not forget the Ivy for a while and although I wasnā€™t the greatest help, I did enjoy the Escape room. My DD and Sil enjoyed their time in Birmingham. When we got home (another taxi) GD was soon here with H and they got the paddling pool filled for her. Very exciting, she did a wee in her potty. Just been to the dentist and games this afternoon so the unpacking and washing can wait. I have now found a cleaner she is coming on Tuesdays.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

B certainly is a treasure Oma, can we share him. Did the doors need painting or was he bored and so quiet.
                            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Glamma, good to have you back on here.

Gardening is done,we started early.

Just had a lovely shower,it recharges my batteries.

Comment

Plant
                                I had mentioned I would like them freshened up so he decided it was a good time to do them šŸ˜

I went for my bloods, our Drs is in a not so good area but they are the type of people who look after there own,

There is a very long road going up a hill with shops and a couple of pubs on one side.
                                As we were coming out we could hear Pipers turning the corner towards the shops it was absolutely packed with people ,
                                Coming down the hill was a funeral procession led by bag pipers,
                                B said it looks like two hearseā€™s and about 12 cars following.

Talking to a local they told us it was two brothers who died within a day of each other.
                                One brother 52 died suddenly and the next day the other brother 54 died of a heart attack.

They weā€™re passing the brother local pub and I swear most of the local people were lining the route.

That poor family bad enough losing one but having to bury two on the same day must be heartbreaking šŸ’”

Comment

Working...
                                X