See less

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oma, Lovely pic of GS2, he is certainly a very handsome young man. Busy time for you with a new fridge arriving today. I am still using my heating quite a lot.

Hairdresser coming soon so I will pop back later.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Good Tuesday morning, everyone.

Gem, I can imagine your GS's sense of fair play would be outraged if the other team didn't follow the rules. Hopefully he'll still enjoy playing at school. I hope the library's back to nromal now after the technical problems last week.

Oma, I hope your new fridge arrives safely. Enjoy setting it up and finding places for everything you keep in there.

Nanto, I think it's a special skill of window cleaners - they arrive a day, or even just hours before the rain comes. Mind you that's not hard at the moment, is it. We had a lot of rain yesterday and last night, but the sun's shining at the moment. Don't know if it will last and it's certainly not warm.

It's DS2's 49th birthday, and we're going round to drop off his presents later this morning.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Fridge up and running ,
        Surprisingly although a little narrower than my old one it actually holds more.
        My old one had pull out shelves so no door storage as shelves wouldn’t have been able to pull out.
        As this one is static shelves we have loads of storage in the door.

I loved my old fridge but I think this one is way better.

Daisy
        Happy Birthday to your DS , time is flying isn’t it , my DD is 51 in June where did all those years go ?

Plant
        Did you get your hair cut ?

That wind is picking up here and it’s really cold .
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Hallo everyone, the sun is shining, but, still a cold wind after a keen frost last night.

Oma, a lovely photo of your GS2, how old are they when they go to a prom?? We aren't very Americanised here!! Luckily, the Dutch keep their traditions, roll on Saturday, they will be living it up in the orange suits and dresses.

I did the coffee etc yesterday and managed a circuit training in-between. I didn't do to aqua as my shoulder is still sore.

I am debating on whether or not to have a walk to the village.

Comment

Hairdresser arrived and cut and blow dried my hair, not much perm left so she might be back soon. Had lunch in a local pub with GD1 and H, not eaten there for years but I must say it was very good, will go again. Good menu for children not just fish fingers and chips. I had a pensioners meal, 2 courses for £7. H had quiche and veg batons and Ice cream + a drink for just over £5. GD1 went for Fish and chips. The bill for all that was just over £33. DD and Sil away so they are spending more time with me in the day. GD1 not well she has a nasty head cold.

Oma, your fridge sounds like mine, not very big but it’s of shelf. And door space, mine has a small 2 shelf freezer underneath. My other freezer is in the garage.

Lizzie, quite bright here but very cold wind, not sure what the forecast is. Good idea to rest your sore shoulder.

Comment

Lizzie
              Prom is when they are 16/17 and going off to 6 th form or college.
              Hope your shoulder eases soon xx

Plant that’s no a bad price at all ,
              Nice it was a decent menu for H instead of everything with chips for them.

Comment

Plant, glad you enjoyed your meal out.

Oma, lovely to hear you are happy with the new fridge.
                Sounds daft i know, but i love our fridge freezer. A couple of days ago, i said to hubby,the freezer we bought for the out house in January,is one of the best things we have bought.

This morning it was very cold,just ike winter.
                I think it warmed up a bit this afternoon when the sun shone.
                Washed a load of darks,but didn't hang them out,it was drizzly this morning.
                Will get the bedding washed tomorrow.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant, our posts crossed this morning. It's always nice to have your hair done, isn't it. Do you always have a perm? Your meal with GD1 and H sounds really good value, and very nice.

Oma, welcome to your new fridge. It sounds just right - taking up less space but giving you more storage. That's a win-win. Yes, time is flying - how did my baby get to be 49? I was speaking to my BIL this morning, and happen to mention we were going to DS's for his birthday. My BIL said he still thinks of my DS as being about 20/21!!!

Lizzie, you're sensible to rest your sore shoulder. Did you go for a walk to the village? It sounds as cold there as it is here.

Nanto, I had to smile about your new freezer - I still enjoy opening our new fridge and seeing so many shelves!

It's been cold here - it seems it's the same for all of us at the moment - but it's stayed dry. We ended up going to DS1's at tea time, so the girls would be home from school. DS was under instructions not to open any presents till they were both home! I'd cut the lawn after lunch and I was wishing I'd taken the time to put a jacket on, it was so cold.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Another chilly day but the sun came out this afternoon.

How nice that you got to see your son (and GDs) on his birthday Daisy.

I'm glad the fridge is a success Oma!

Plant. I'm sure H and GD love their lunches out with you.

Lizzie my shoulder is quite sore today too. Hopefully there wont be too many arm upper body exercises tomorrow!
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning.
                      Looking bright here, so I'm going to get the bedding washed and hang it out.
                      I need to iron the darks I washed yesterday.
                      Will just take the rest of the day as it comes.

Corned beef, beans and mash pie for dinner. I took it out of the freezer yesterday.
                      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning Nan2 and everyone else.

Aqua this morning and hopefully coffee with my friends. I think OH and I are going to shopping again later, to return some of the shorts and buy more.

Enjoy your day everyone.
                        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, everyone.

Nanto, your little piggy friend seems to be enjoying the shower. I take a childish delight in splashing round in the shower, and end up with water everywhere! I hope you get your washing dried.

Gem, have fun at aqua, and coffee with your friends. I hope S finds the shorts she really likes. Yes, it was lovely to see DS2 and family yesterday. The girls always give us a good welcome, and Cooper was so excited! He loves his cuddles.

It's our usual Wednesday here. Dog training for me at lunch time, and OH is going to a friends to play cars. This friend is one of the Last of the Summer Wine team, and he has a collection of vintage and unusual cars. OH and our neighbour have been making wooden gear lever knobs this week so are going to try them on the car they're working on. We're still waiting for the upholsterer to get on with OH's kit car. Our patience is wearing thin and OH went to see him yesterday to try and get him to get it finished.

I hope everyone has a good day.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Morning everyone

Daisy
                            They taking a long time with the upholstery, hope J was able to move him on a bit,
                            Who Was more excited opening the presents DS or GD’s 😁

Gem
                            Enjoy your Aqua , hope your shoulder stands up to it.

Nanto
                            Always handy when you have a meal ready to take out of the freezer.

Been to Aldi this morning ,
                            The wind is bitingly cold , the kind that takes your breath away ,
                            I was glad I put my scarf on but I didn’t have gloves on as the strapping for my thumb and fingers is too bulky so I had my hands in my pockets to try keep warm.
                            Its like a winters day here.

B got Dentist at 11.30 apart from that a quiet day.

Comment

Very late waking up, very tired this week, I have been supporting GD1, she has been poorly and my DD and Sil are away. GD has been picking H up from pre-school and coming on here. H was quite a pickle yesterday, usually she can be quite serious but she was nicely naughty, I wonder if it is pre-school, her speech has certainly improved. Not sure what the plans are today.

Nanto, Piggy is having a lovely shower.

Gemini, good luck with the shopping, hope S finds some shorts she likes.

Daisy, very frustrating for the men, not able to get the upholstery finished on the kit car. Hope the knobs are okay. Lovely family get-together for DS2’s birthday.

Comment

Plant, I'm sure your GD appreciates all the help you give to her and little H. It's amazing how little ones' personalities start to emerge at pre-school. But it is very tiring for you, and if you can sleep late in the morning it helps.

Oma, it sounds colder your way than here, although it's not exactly warm today. I don't suppose it will get much better until the wind changes direction. Is it just a check up for B at the dentist? The girls are always very excited when it's anyone's birthday, but the most excited is Cooper - he loves shredding the wrapping paper.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X