No announcement yet.

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oma, how nice to get the blackberries. I use them with apples in pies and crumbles.

The rain has poured down today. I think its on for the day.

Daisy,temperatures at the moment in Rhodes are in the low 30's.
    We've been been there,but it was a long time ago.

Thank you for the concern ladies about my card with Temu.
    Its safe because i didn't use it,i paid through paypal which is safer.

Dinner today is beef stew,with either pancakes,dumplings of yorkshire puddings.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

12CDFED2-66F5-4ACC-8B36-97D89513CA70.jpg 12012FCF-6A57-434D-9B15-702E37B1E13D.jpg A8279EC0-00AF-43FD-A567-19DE56047603.jpg Hallo everyone, no rain here, still warm, we did have a very heavy shower and thunderstorm during the night, lovely now though, I have just had lunch after a long bike ride. I will try to catch up later. A sunflower tree in the garden here.
      Last edited by Lizzie48; 12-09-2023, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Nanto,
        I did read Pay pal was safe well done using it instead of your card 😁

Glamm
        Always the case you get one week when it pay out all the time , never get it pay in do you 😁

The sand has covered our car twice this week , everyone has been out cleaning their cars ,
        When we were I. brum Bspent all day cleaning and polishing on the Sunday by Monday morning it was covered again.

I think a cleaner is a good idea , you don’t want to be pulling furniture out or bending down with your sciatica

Lizzie
        How lovely to see the sun flowers,
        I must admit I’ve never heard of a sun flower tree before ,
        Myfriend brought. Me a bunch a few weeks ago ,
        Im not keen on them in the house they are so large but I must admit they brightened the room up ,
        I had them in my Dinning room.
        Every morning I smiled when I opened the door.
        Its rained here also but not heavy for a change ,

When we all went to Lunch on Sunday our friends GSs other Grandparents were stuck in traffic for over 3 hours about 5 minutes from home as all the roads were flooded and police and fire brigade stopped all traffic,

There was a couple of cars almost submerged in a dip in the road ,
        Eventually the water was pumped away enough for them to get through.
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

You deserve a no plans day Daisy!

Always something unexpected popping into baskets at B&M Oma!

Nice photos Lizzie.

The golf competition was cancelled due to wet conditions, so after my morning at the library OH and I went out for lunch. We are now waiting for GS1 to come out of school. He is going to his club at 5.30. Oma, this is the first day back at the club since July, so hopefully he still enjoy it!
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

B&M and Homebase are noted for me buying things i didn't know i needed/wanted.

Lizzie, never seen a sunflower tree before.lovely photos.

Gem, hope GS enjoyed being back at his club.

Comment

Lizzie, what lovely photos. The sunflowers in our front garden are in flower - all down to OH's care, not mine! He's very chuffed with them.

Gem, did you enjoy your lunch out, and was GS happy to go back to his club today?

Glamm, ouch, that was an expensive trip to the dentist. Our cars are covered in the sand as well. When we were travelling back from DS1's on Sunday night it smeared all over the windscreen and took ages to wash off. Every time it dried it looked like someone had sprayed something on the glass.

Oma, our blackberries don't look very big. I tried a few while I was out with Eva this afternoon and they were quite sweet but tiny. I think people were much more thoughtful about economising in those days.

Nanto, thank goodness you used Paypal for that purchase. Will your DS and new DIL be ok in those temperatures in Rhodes?

Plant, it sounds as though you and your cleaning lady will get on fine. Yes, we do have to travel for the funeral - north Wales.

We've had a lovely sunny day today, until about 7 o'clock when the heavens opened. We were just sitting in the garden enjoying a glass of wine and just got the furniture covered over before it got soaked. I did quite well today - ironing this morning (not all of it, of course) then after lunch I prepped dinner then took Eva for a walk. I'll post separately about dinner!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning, we have had rain during the night, it is actually going to be cooler today! I am going into Den Bosch, I am going on the bus, I did that when GD 1 was here with me , very handy, there is a market today so I could just come back with the material I need, then again there is a material market in Delft in a few weeks so may wait.

I wonder why the blackberries are weeks later in the UK? I cycle past lots of bushes here going through the woods, they are all drying out now.

Plant, I hope it goes well with your cleaning lady.

I will get myself ready, luckily it shouldn’t be too hot to walk round , it was 35 degrees when I was there with GD 1.

Oma, reading about your friends being caught up in the flooding, I see it happened during the night here near the German border, was it Liverpool where a couple were drowned a few weeks ago when their car got stuck in a flood?
                Last edited by Lizzie48; 13-09-2023, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Its a better start to the day,the sun is shining.

Daisy,i suspect the honeymooners will try to get some shade.

Just the usual kind of day here,nothing planned.

Dinner is tomato sausage,baby potatoes and veg.

Comment

Good morning ladies.

Sunny here too Nan2 - it feels cold though!

I wonder if you will come back with material Lizzie?!

Aquafit for me this morning. One of my friends should be there so we will stay for coffee if she has time.
                    This afternoon we are going to see my auntie G. It may be a while before its comfortable for me to sit in a car for that long, so I wanted to see her this week. My turn to cook, it's salmon tonight.
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Sun just peeping through here. I have a craft meeting this morning, we are starting decorations for the WI (sorry) Christmas tree in the church. This afternoon it is board games in the village hall so that is my day taken care of my day.

Lizzie, I used to love buying materials and couldn’t wait to get started on a project but sadly patterns are beyond me now.

Gemini, enjoy your Aquafit.

Nanto, I have never had a tomato sausage. I hope the honeymooners are having a lovely time and are managing the heat.
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Morning ladies.

Plant
                        good to learn your cleaner did a good job , enjoy your day
                        I suppose you have to plan and start early with a project like the Church Christmas tree ,

Gem
                        Hope Aunty G is doing well , enjoy Aqua.
                        Did GS enjoy his Club still ?

Nanto
                        Go with the flow today you never know what or who will turn up 😁

Lizzie
                        What are you intending making with your fabric if you find any you like ?

I have My Hairdresser coming at 11 to cut Dorothy’s hair , it’s easier for Dorothy to get into mine rather than the salon
                        I have no step at the front door to get over ,
                        Her Wheelchair is too large to get into my house but she can get out of it and walk a few steps into my lounge
                        She feels more comfortable getting it cut in mine anyway and I don’t mind I would do anything for her 😁

Might pop to Aldi later see how it goes.

Spent a few hours with DD and SIL last night ,
                        Then GS sent photos of where he was having a drink with friends , He was having a good time while we worried about him 🙄😁
                        Then GD sent photos and a text of her Dance competition she had came second and was very happy about it .
                        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I am back now, I had a good walk round the town, no material! When I do get it I will make slacks. 37C3845A-1F69-4B1F-A2FB-82D363C19AED.jpg C3F05F0E-4B45-435F-A0E9-003244163265.jpg 15DF2B53-02CE-4613-A20A-743A1220FE35.jpg

Comment

That was my last Wednesday Aquafit until I recover. I have booked into the Friday and Monday classes, but Wednesday is my regular one.
                            Lovely sunny day here nice, nice day for a drive out to see my auntie.

Oma, GS went enthusiastically to his club, but I haven't had any feedback. I just drop him off and his mum collects him.

Nice of GS to let you know he is happy

I hope you are enjoying your busy day Plant.

Comment

Sorry I'm very late saying 'hello' today. I was up fairly early but the phone started ringing before I'd had a shower and kept on ringing! Then I needed to see my neighbour, and didn't get back until it was time to grab a snack and head out for dog training. We've had dinner, and finally I can relax!

Gem, is was good that GS went off to his club happily. I hope it won't be long before. you can get back to your Wednesday aqua classes - I would think it's a form of exercise that's beneficial, helping to repair and build strength in your leg without putting a strain on your "new" knee. How was your Auntie? I'm sure she was delighted to see you.

Nanto, I'vr never had tomato sausages either, and every time you mention them I make a mental note to add them to my shopping list. Do you get a particular brand, or are they from your local butcher?

Oma, it's parents' and grand parents' job to worry about the youngsters! It's the youngsters' job to go out and have a great time without a care in the world. xx. Congratulations to your GD for doing so well in her dance competition. I bet you and D had a good old chat while she was at yours. How are her legs - is she still going to the hospital every day?

Lizzie, what a beautiful old church - is it in Den Bosch? I think you have had a hotter summer than us, and I think the dry weather we had in June set the blackberries back and made them smaller than usual. Yes, it was Liverpool where that couple drowned in a flood.

Plant, I suppose it does take some time to make all those beautiful decorations for that event in December, but I'm still wearing t-shirts and shorts! I hope you had a good day, despite being so busy.

Tomorrow is another hectic day! We are going on a trip round our local recycling facility at 9 am tomorrow. (We know how to live it up, don't we!) Then back home, get changed and go and meet up with my College friends at the golf club for lunch. Apparently there are tea and coffee facilities on offer at the recycling centre, and for some reason I'm rather dubious about trying them!
                              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, it is the St. Jans cathedral in Den Bosch, magnificent !

I thought I read about the couple drowning in Liverpool.

Gem, a friend in the UK had her knee op on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X