No announcement yet.

Time to Chat Day by Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to go to the local hospital for an Eco Cardiogram this morning so can’t stop now, will be back later.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Hope poorly people soon feel better. Am spending a few days in Scotland with my brother and family and enjoying spending time with this gorgeous girl ( in previous post). X
      Believe you can and you're halfway there.
      Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Good morning to all.

WG, what a lovely baby

I hope all goes well at the hospital Plant.

How are you today Oma?

I have a meeting to go to this morning. I am Secretary and take the Minutes. The Chair and Treasurer won't be there so I have no option to go really. I'm not feeling too well so would prefer not to. I can stay at home the rest for the rest of the day. I am meeting 2 friends for a meal tonight but at present I don't think I will be.
        I didn't feel that good yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was hay fever, and it still could be. There are a couple of things going round at GS3's nursery though so I may have picked something up from him on Thursday.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning everyone
          Im still very rough but I’ve been washed and I’m dressed ,I spent the last few days inPJs.
          I just don’t have any energy. There is stuff to do and ironing but I can’t find the oomf to do it.

Oh GEM 😳 I do hope I’m not the cause of you feeling unwell but I’m afraid I may be , so so so so Sorry 😱😳🥰

WG,
          Gorgeous baby enjoy your Birthdayand holiday xx

Plant
          Hope your appointment is quick and parking is ok xx

Nanto
          I love Rhubarb crumble and pie , although I can’t taste much at the minute I could still give it a go😁

GS came yesterday I didn’t dare give him a kiss and a hug , they going on holiday in two weeks. He doesn't need this cold before he goes .

Martin rang they were going to pop in with Finley and we had to put them off too .
          I wouldn’t like the baby to catch it and I wasn’t up to a little person running around as much as I wanted to see him.
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

My appt. Was to assess if my slight irregular heart beat had got any worse and it hadn’t luckily. On Friday I have a respiratory assessment at the same local hospital. My DD came with me and sat in on the test, she likes to keep up with my health problems in case she has to deal with them. Not sure if she will come on Friday, I have forgotten to tell her about that.

Oma, I hope you will soon be getter better and stronger, not nice being ill when you like to keep busy, plus no hugs.

Gemini, you too, shame you have to take a meeting when you are below par. Keep inside and warm for the rest of the day.

Comment

Plant I'm glad the irregular heartbeat is no worse.

Take it easy until you feel better Oma. No ironing or housework. Good idea to put Finn's visit off.
              Oma, I really don't think I caught anything from you, we weren't that close to each other really. More likely to be from GS3, babies at nursery are such germ carriers! I'm still not sure it's not hayfever. Another lady at my meeting took a covid test as she felt so poorly with hayfever. Meds aren't helping so I don't know.

I managed the meeting and told them not to get too close in case it wasn't hayfever!
              I have messaged to apologise to my 2 friends. I do have an appetite but the thought of getting ready to go out at 7pm isn't appealing.

OH is away golfing today.I have just made myself some soup in the soupmaker and will just rest now.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Another lovely cool day here. Popped to supermarket this morning, just for a couple of things and came back with two bags full!,

Glad your appointment went well Plant. After I had my A Fib diagnosis I wasn’t told if I’d have any check ups so will have to wait and see. Luckily it’s been ok so fingers crossed.

Continue to take it easy Oma, the jobs can wait, your health is more important. There are lots of funny bugs doing the rounds. I had a cold weeks ago and still got a tickle cough. Apparently they are calling it the 100 day cough! Linked to a spate of whooping cough that was doing the rounds.

had a busy morning so taking it easy with my knitting and a cuppa 😀
                "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Unbelievably cold here today.The sun is out now.

Didn't get my pie and crumble done,DG2 paid a surprise visit and stayed for dinner.
                  I'll have a couple of hours on my own in the morning,so will do them then.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Good morning. Drizzling this morning.

I must get the rhubarb used this morning.
                    Hubby out for a couple of hours, so I'll be able to crack on.

Dinner is tomato sausage, carrot, swede and potato mash,onion rings, veg and gravy.

Hope all those feeling under the weather feel better soon.

Comment

Morning Nanto/ Ladies

Lslightly better this morning , well I’m up and dressed .

Looks like I’ve passed it on to B , Im generous like that😁
                      Bless him he’s had a high temperature all night and sore throat.

Obviously doing nothing again today , I’ve managed to sanitise door handles light switches etc but that’s about it ,
                      As B said if the King calls he will just have to take us as we are 😁

Nanto
                      Hope you get the rhubarb done today,xx
                      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Oh poor B, Oma, get better soon both of you.

I felt pretty rotten yesterday afternoon and evening but then about 9pm felt quite a bit better! I was in bed by 1o and had not too bad a night. I hope I am on the mend. I still feel a bit below par so am giving the library a miss this morning, but it looks as though I may have school refuser GS1 here for part if not all of the day. Luckily at 11 there is no looking after as such, just making him lunch and tea.

Comment

Oma and Gem, glad you are both feeling slightly better. Sorry B has got it now.

I got the rhubarb done. Made 4 small crumbles and a pie.

The gates have just been taken off to go and be fused together. They have put some mesh across to stop anyone from wandering in.

DS2 is 52 today. They are in Prague.
                          Last edited by Nanto2girls; 02-07-2024, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Gemini, does your GS do school work when he refuses to go to school? It sounds like a nasty virus that you and the Omas have, hope you will feel better soon.

Oma, Pleased you are feeling a bit stronger but so sorry you have passed it to B.

Dull day here this morning, I have to pop out to the post office, I need some cash and some euros. GD and her partner back from Glastonbury, GD said it would take you an hour to walk from one side to the other of the Glastonbury site.

Comment

Plant, he does do school work for part of the day. He's not coming today as he apparently had a panic attack even getting into the car to come here DD will work from home.
                              Having not witnessed any of these attacks I have no way of knowing if they are genuine panic attacks. Definitely something going on though. He is spending more and more of his time just at home with his mum which isn't good for either of them.

I hope your DS enjoys his birthday in Prague Nan2.

Comment

I feel much better tonight. If it was tonight I had been meeting my friends I would have gone. I'm still coughing and a bit 'coldy' but don't feel ill any more.

Oma I hope you and B are soon on the mend.

We had rhubarb crumble tonight from our rhubarb and very nice it was if I say so myself.
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X