This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh cramp is painful.
    I keep a pair of bedsocks in my bedside drawer! I don't often need them but if I do I can get them without getting out of bed
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I am here under false pretences really. It's not that I can't sleep, more not allowed to. GS1 has woken me 3 times now but shouting my name very loudly from his room. Nothing wrong but decided he doesn't want a sleepover, wants mummy.
      Has his iPad - I'm too tired for a fight .I had put in there for morning. I have a bad headache and when I have fallen asleep I have gone into weird dreans (which happens when ImI in pain) I have come downstairs for a fruit tea and painkillers. This child is just not ready for sleepovers. I would rather have his 2 cousins every night for 6 weeks than him for one.
      I had a nasty phone call with my mum earlier (after all being sweetness and light when I was with her 3 hours earlier) so I am stressed!
      I hope I can get back to sleep and be allowed to stay that way, as I have all 3 GC tomorrow.
      Last time I had to go into GS I told him that I was not cross now, but that ifI had to go in again before morning I would be.
      Watch this space
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh dear Gem,you do sound fed up and no wonder.What a time you were having.I do hope GS settled down and you were able to get some sleep.It does sound as if he’s not ready for sleepovers yet. I expect he loves the idea but the reality is too much for him to cope with.
        What a shame your Mum upset you.She certainly blows hot and cold with no middle ground.
        Hopefully today will not be too stressful and the children entertain themselves giving you a chance to put your feet up.xx

Comment

I feel jetlagged!
          Thank you Clover for your kindness. I will write more about mum later xx

Comment

Oh no Gem you must be shattered , I must admit I have had musical beds now and again but they have all slept well once settled , and three today you need help !!!!
            Gosh mum problems it’s hitting you from all sides and not much chance of a nana nap 💤 neither 🙄
            Last edited by Qwerty; 23-12-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks Qwerty. I'm too old for this! GS1 will not be coming for any more sleepovers until his sleep is sorted again. They had got there earlier this year but he is now as bad as ever.
              The other 2 are good, so it will be fine

Comment

Oh I cant bear socks in bed I would burn up

Gem lack of sleep is just awful , even worse when you could sleep but not allowed ,
                I think GS2 is just not ready for sleepovers , maybe he does this with Mummy and gets his ow way and ends up in their bed ,
                I wouldn't blame her letting him mind as sometimes you will do anything for sleep even if its not good for you or the child to give in ,
                Plus the trouble with your Mum is just too much xxx
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, poor you. I really do sympathise. We've done our share of getting up when our own children were little (although I was incredibly lucky as mine were great unless they were poorly). We can't cope with unsettled nights and busy days. Your mum's phone call must have felt like the last straw, especially when you do so much for her - thinking about things like the gas fire saga and so many times when she's changed her mind about something. Sending you a big hug. xx
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

If you're reading this in the wee small hours - get back to bed straight away or Santa won't be leaving you any presents!!!!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I could do with some sleep but throat is sore so are my ears , a tickly cough and im bunged up , So healthy in our house at the minute ...NOT,,, hahaha
                      Im trying to ignore the fact I feel like death warmed up and plod on there are people feeling worse than me so I shouldn't feel sorry for myself

Comment

Sending you get well soon hugs Oma

Comment

Good early morning ladies I am still alive and walking the floor.

Comment

I'm glad that you are alive Qwerty, but not that you were walking the floor early!!

Comment

Good morning Qwerty. It's not the best start for the new year is it. Sending you big hugs. xxx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I was the same Qwerty I managed about 2 hours xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X