No announcement yet.

Today in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think so Oma, it remained a mystery.
    I think there is some thought that she had had some sort of breakdown though.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

The first issue of the Dandy comic. With a fan club of over 350,000, Desperate Dan proved a durable character. A copy of this first edition is worth between £850 and £1,000. The closure, on 4th December 2012, coincided with its 75th anniversary and the final print edition included a pullout reprint of the very first edition of the comic.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We all loved The Dandy and the Beano etc ,
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I did too, and now GS1 is mad on The Beano

Comment

Originally posted by Oma View Post
            We all loved The Dandy and the Beano etc ,
            I really looked forward to them each week.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The Great Smog. A cold fog descended on London, combining with air pollution and killed at least 12,000 in the weeks and months that followed.

Comment

That must have been horrible , can you imagine how suffocating it must have been .

Comment

It was truly awful, but lead to the Clean Air Act so things got better.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I can remember it, I was living in Surrey. I was out one night with my latest and to get home, I had to walk in front of the car.
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant - I don't suppose you had a red flag, but it would probably have been no use anyway.

I remember having to walk 15 miles home from work one night when peasouper came down very quickly and all the buses and trains stopped running.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

A cat climbed to a height of 160ft up an industrial chimney, holding up the work of Lancashire's chief steeplejack and chimney demolisher Fred Dibnah.

Comment

I Vaguely remember that Gem

Comment

You can imagine what Fred said! I hope the cat was ok though.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

John Lennon, former member of the Liverpool group The Beatles, was shot dead by Mark David Chapman who opened fire outside the musician's New York apartment.

Comment

The first episode of Coronation Street was screened on ITV. It is the world's longest-running television soap opera.

Comment

Working...
                                X