No announcement yet.

Today in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Gem that must have been some sight to see .

Daisy in another life I would have been a Archaeologist , wish I could have been one in this life
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma - my OH loves archaeology as well. Did you watch all those Time Team programmes? He used to love those.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

My ex loved those Daisy.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Yes I did, I tend to watch different ones on TV on a night when I cant sleep lots of ones on the likes of Sky ,
          They don't interest B at all

Comment

I don't mind watching them sometimes - mainly because of all the wonderful characters - the 'experts'. They were all so passionate and excited about their finds.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Bill Cooper (83) and his wife Laurel (82), who had spent the previous 36 years sailing round the world and clocked up 100,000 nautical miles returned to the UK to retire, because their health was starting to fail. They had sold their home in Chatham, Kent, and set off from Lowestoft, Suffolk, in June 1976 on their 50ft. vessel Fare Well.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

That must have been an amazing way to live. I'm not sure I would have wanted to do it for quite so long, but 10 years or so would have been great.

I wonder if they settled on land ok after all that time?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The beginning of British TV's first medical soap opera series 'Emergency Ward 10' which ran twice a week for 10 years.

Comment

I remember watching that - the storyline was always the topic of interest at school the next day!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Edward VI, aged 9 years old, was crowned at Westminster Abbey. Edward, the son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, was the third monarch of the Tudor dynasty and England's first monarch who was raised as a Protestant.

Comment

Imagine being crowned king at the age of 9 - younger than many of our grandchildren!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The grave of Boadicea, the warrior queen who fought the Romans in Britain nearly 2,000 years ago, was located by archaeologists under Platform 8 at King’s Cross railway station, London. British Rail said they had just refurbished the platform and anyone wanting to dig it up would have to come up with a strong case. And they did!

Comment

Brilliant I sort of remember that its a faint memory about it being on the news .

Comment

I remember hearing about it, but can't remember the outcome - did they find her remains and what did they do with them?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The last time all four Beatles were together for a recording session.

Comment

Working...
                                X