Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nostalgic Music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

FQ - it's so sad when you hear some of your music favourites have left us.

A little tribute to all our favourites -

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUMoiU3h750

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I thought I would add to this thread
      I adore this track from KD Lang. I love the whole album, Hymns from the 49th Parallel. In fact KD can do no wrong in my eyes. We saw her live at The Sage in Newcastle once and I would love to see her again.

K.D. Lang's Juno Awards in Winnipeg in 2005 Performance on Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Thank you Ken!

If ever I am AWOL, I may have run off with her (in my dreams!!)
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Another from that album

This is a tribute to Canadian songstress K.D. Lang. K.D. Lang was one of the first openly famous lesbian women out there. I remember growing up there was Bil...
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, I've heard so many versions of Hallelujah, but this is up there with Leonard Cohen's original. She looked slightly surprised by the rapturous applause from the audience but it was so well-earned. Totally beautiful music.

The Joni Mitchell one is beautiful too. It could have been overpowered by soaring violins and clever arrangements but the simple piano accompaniment was absolutely perfect and let her voice and the words hold centre stage.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

This has been my 'listening' tonight. It's long - 2hrs 44 minutes! - but an absolute feast of The Eagles.

I haven't listened to all of it tonight, but I shall come back to it. It's their farewell tour concert live in Melbourne. Fabulous harmonies and great songs and playing.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, I have watched that before, all the way through, which is unusual for me to do and I loved it.

Comment

Lizzie - they are up there with the best groups ever, aren't they! Glad you enjoy them, too.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

They are Daisy, I did enjoy watching the concert.xxx

Comment

Working...
                  X