to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Nostalgic Music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

Qwerty - it does remind me of one of my most embarrassing moments, though. We were visiting the Licenced Victuallers trade fare at the White City in Manchester, many years ago. There was the most amazing, right up to the minute 4-manual organ on display and someone was demonstrating it, and making it sounds like a whole orchestra. I stood there mesmerised by both the organ and the talent of the organist. (For those who might be thinking otherwise, this was totally about the music!!!) He came to the end of his piece and saw my gawping like a goldfish and asked if I played. "A bit", I said. He said come and try it, so I didn't need any persuading. A couple of scales and then a 12-bar blues was all I could think of. But OH was beckoning me to stop and get down off the stand. I ignored him, but eventually his frantic waving got through to me.

The organist started to play again, and it dawned on me that what I thought was piped music was in fact the organ!! I'd just serenaded the whole place!!
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Amazing Daisy, I am sure they really enjoyed that
      Last edited by Plantaholic; 04-02-2019, 03:14 PM.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Watching the TV the other day and Amen Corner was playing, their song Bend Me Shape me. It took me back to my dear sister who used to have a huge poster in her bedroom of the lead singer Andy Fairweather Low. I used to tease her that he looked a bit 'weedy' she would protest loudly saying he was so handsome.
        Music really does jog the memory doesn't it
        Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi - and here it is:

I hope it brings back only happy memories for you. xx
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'm feeling in a reflective mood tonight, and thinking about life and love.

"Seasons in the sun"Terry Jacksescrita por: Rod McKuen (versión en inglés)año: 1974versión original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02pNUKInBocover en espa...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqJvqMeaDtU

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

A look back at 50s, 60s and 70s tracks. Why can't I remember where I put something yesterday, but can identify most of these songs by the opening notes!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

A track for this hot, sunny Bank holiday week-end.

Speed corrected visuals, a touch of brightness and a nice MONO version of this classic.....

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I think we're all in need of a bit of something soulful at the moment, and I've just been listening to this. It's one of those songs that sends tingles down my spine. At the same time it always makes me feel so sad for Cass Elliott who had an amazing voice but it wasn't enough to protect her from the unbearable pressure about her weight.

Music video by The Mamas and the Papas performing Dedicated to the One I LoveDream A Little Dream of Me performed by Mama Cass: https://youtu.be/fJwjLYRPxJY?...

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Try this, I had a You Tube afternoon yesterday!

George Harrison, Bruce Springsteen, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan and others perform "I Saw Her Standing There" at the 1988 Hall of Fame Inductions. http://rockhall...

Comment

Lizzie - you're a girl after my own heart. How could anyone listen to that and not either get up and dance or tap your feet along to the beat! Great to see all those old rockers jamming along as well - thanks for posting it.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Something a little different. I hope the introduction makes you giggle. I also found it funny hearing this piece of music played on Ukuleles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KhZo3sYQho​​​​​​

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Very funny!
                          The audience clearly loved it.
                          I wonder if they are still around? The eye make up looked bit dated so I wondered when this was.
                          I will Google!
                          Thanks Daisy
                          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Yes, still going strong and doing a lot of touring!
                            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

That's great - I'm sure their shows would be very entertaining.

The song reminds me of a night in a club in Netherton (Liverpool). The club was packed and our band was providing the music for dancing. Several people came up and made requests, which we duly played (if we could!), then we noticed this man weaving a very drunken path through the room, just about staggering to the stage. He fell on to the stage and slurred "Can yer play The Good, the Bad and the ......?" and fell asleep there and then. He didn't get as far as "Ugly".

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

:d :d :d :d

Comment

Working...
                                X