Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nostalgic Music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

Nostalgic Music

Music can transport you back to yesterday or fifty years ago.

Share your special tracks here - you don't have to say why they are special to you if you don't want to.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

I was prompted to start this thread by hearing this - from 1961! That riff on the bass tomtom still sends tingles down my spine!

Billy Fury ~ Halfway To Paradise - Decca 45rpm 1961.Hope You ENJOY!!Billy Fury (17 April 1940 -- 28 January 1983) born Ronald Wycherley, was an international...

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy I love that song also like him singing ‘Wondrous Place ‘f

There are so many song that brings back so many memories, some sad , some happy

Oh Mein Papa ( Oh my papa ) by Eddie Calvert . Makes me think of my dad and always makes me cry

Yellow Submarine. by the Beatles. I remember me and my sister walking home from school singing this on the top of our voices ....Happy days
      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Good thread! I shall be back.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

MMM Don't hear the music from my youth, too long ago but I will have a think.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Oohh Billy Fury I have his cd of greatest hits died far too early there is a statue of him on the docks st Liverpool
            For me was The kinks You really got me.
            Band of gold Freda Payne
            This old heart of mine Isley bros
            They don’t make em like that anymore
            2 of my first vinyl singles I bought that bring good memories, Reach out Four Tops and Baby now that I’ve found you The Foundations ooohhh and Build me up buttercup by The Equals I could go on and on I love music
            Last edited by Qwerty; 04-03-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

'Im not in love' by 10cc. I was young and in love then, and I loved that song.
              'The long and winding road', The Beatles.
              'Put your blue jeans on' I'm not sure that was the actual title, or who sings it! It was in the 70's.

'It's got to be perfect by Fairground Attraction'. The reason for that is was the tune for an Asda TV advert when DD3 was born. In was so hapyp once i had her, and every time I heard the tune on the advert those words summed up how I felt about my gorgeous baby

There must be lots more.....
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem - is this the "Put your blue jeans on" song you mean:

Promo Video for "Jeans On". A one-hit wonder reaching #3 in the UK Singles Chart in July 1976 and originally appeared as a television advertising jingle for...

Another favourite for me is "Ill never find another you" - The Seekers - I love Judith Durham's voice.

New HQ version available here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZf41UudAbITheir first hit single, recorded at Abbey Road studios in London. Originally in mo...

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Awww, that's it Daisy Very nostalgic to hear it again. Thank you!

Comment

Gem - you're very welcome.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

On the wedding day of Plant's GS, I thought it would be nice to have a nice romantic song from one of the greats of all time (in my opinion)

BRITAINS FINEST EVER SINGER,MATT MONRO,THE SINGING BUS DRIVER.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Slightly different take on nostalgic music, but Roger Daltrey's gone back to his pre-The Who soul roots with this new release:

Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have YouListen to As Long As I Have You: https://RogerDaltrey.lnk.to/AsLongAsIHaveYouID Pre-Order The Album: https://RogerDaltre...

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Perhaps this should be our GransRus song! (Much prefer the Joan Baez version to the Bob Dylan one - sorry, BD fans!)

Picture slideshow to Forever Young sung by Joan Baez (Originally done by Bob Dylan)

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I've just listened to this and it made me think of all our lovely GRU friends.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Very nice. I am listening to John Denver singing American Pie. I love his music also don McLean and Simon and Garfunkel.
                              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                              X