to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Soap chat!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

I stopped watching soaps quite a while back when I worked from 5-9 pm. I lost touch and never really picked them up again. From what I have seen they don't have the lighter comedic character that used to balance all the gloom and doom. The biggest drawback to not watching the soaps is not recognizing the celebrities on SCD etc.
    xx

Comment

Watching the Soaps at the moment is enough to send you into a fit of depression I think,so gloomy and each story has traits of the other with people being locked in basements and boots of cars The Barton family are surely the most strange people I have seen on Soapland,what is going on there ? the father and two brothers have all slept with their sister in law/auntie at some point it must be very boring down in the Country.
      Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

You wouldn't want to move there, would you?!
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

What a depressing couple of hours viewing you would have to be careful driving around the North roads at the minute wouldn't you Anna's son makes me laugh with his account of "flashbacks" he was only in the Army for 7 weeks before he got discharged so hardly saw any action to cause that,these script writers are so bad at the minute all so far fetched.
          Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

I know some members would find the Ashley Thomas storyline to difficult to watch, even if they are an Emmerdale fan. I have found it hard, and sad.
            I think it was very well done, and I presume they have researched early onset Alzheimer's well.
            The passing away of Ashley was one of the saddest. most moving things I have watched, and has me sitting here red eyed.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I agree Gem. I wondered how they would do it, and I thought it was very moving. Very sad but also strangely comforting, as he slipped away peacefully, just what I would wish for. I know it's not real life, but even so very believable.
              "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

I agree Enfys, and even as a non believer, I found the image of Ashley's spirit rising above the village very moving and comforting.

Comment

I had to explain that bit to DH, Gem, he's not very imaginative

Comment

Originally posted by Enfys View Post
                    I had to explain that bit to DH, Gem, he's not very imaginative
                    Aww, LOL

Comment

He was more interested in the fact they were using a drone to film it

Comment

I keep forgetting about this thread!

I am so glad Charity has finally told her family (after a fashion!) about Ryan.
                        I bet that young man will be nominated for a newcomer award in the next soap awards.

(Emmerdale, for those not in the know )

Comment

Well, thanks Coronation St for making us all miserable!

The Sinead storyline is so depressing. I know they want to highlight the dangers of cervical cancer to young women and the importance of checks. Also to alert them to delays and not having the right treatment, but have they thought of the poor young women actually battling this and trying to keep positive?
                          I so wish Sinead, Daniel and baby Bertie could have had a happy future. I may have to be checking my phone or something when these scenes are on. The actress has already filmed her final scenes, so it can only be a few more weeks.

Comment

The story line in Corrie where Hope is obviously suffering from mental health issues is unfortunately very real for some families. Bless her
                            Always face the sunshine and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Yes, let's hope someone finds the matches in that doll before long!

Comment

High Drama week on both Emmerdale and Coronation Street!

This week has been one of high drama and danger on Emmerdale and Corrie, both involving water!

On Wednesday night we had friends round. We couldn't bear to go to bed not knowing what had happened that night. So, when they left we watched Corrie and Emmerdale in bed. We both found it hard to sleep after all that water, drama and attempted murders!!

Tonight will presumably bring things to conclusions in both soaps. Meena (Emmerdale) MUST be brought to justice for all she has done. I hate her psychopathic smug little face!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X