Rollercoaster days with new baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is WG!

She has just arrived home, collected by big sister DD1. She is to go back tomorrow to see consultant, and hopefully have drain tube removed.

It turns out her op was done by the same guy who did mine AND OH's!
    She was very pleased to be reunited with the baby!

Daisy, the holes only got bigger since the gunk started to come out over the weekend, and she hadn't seen a Dr until yesterday.

And thank you ladies I AM relaxing and enjoying my holiday
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

That is good news Gem.xxx

Comment

Definitely good news, Gem. I'm so pleased. xx
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Glad she is home. Hope this will be the ending of her problems.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

DD was hoping the drain was coming out today but it has to stay in until next week at least. They have shortened it by 1cm.
            Surgeon says it was a huge abscess. Which leads me to wonder why it wasn't spotted as such at earlier scans .
            Stitches come out in 9 days and she had been given medication to dry up the milk as that breast has started to produce again already.

Such a shame as without all these problems I'm sure DD would have fed for the 6 months she planned to, with such a good supply .
            The main thing is the eventual diagnosis and recovery though.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

At least got to know in the end what the problem was.
              Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

Gem, it's sad she's been through so much pain when perhaps some of it could have been prevented, and she hasn't been able to continue breast feeding, but baby E will continue to thrive. I hope things go more smoothly for them now.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Baby now weighs almost 10 pounds!

He is on the 75th centile for height and head size and the 25th for weight. Health visitor is happy

DD doing ok, her drain tube is being gradually shortened. She is hoping the drain will be taken out on Thursday. SIL couldn't go back to work as planned yesterday, as DD can't even hold the baby with the drain in place.
                  I will be around to help her next week if it's not taken out by then

Comment

Baby is now doing very well Gemini, hope it will not be long before DD is able to hold the little one.
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem, at long last it feels that everything is going in the right direction. Thank goodness. xxx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The baby had his 6 week check with the GP and passed with flying colours. Clever boy

Unfortunately DD's drain wasn't ready to be removed on Thursday. They did remove the stitches however. There was bleeding from the stitch area the following day, and DD dressed it on instruction from the nurse over the phone. She had to go back to the hospital then next day to have it redressed as it was still bleeding. All OK now and crossing fingers the drain and tube will be removed on Monday.

DD has also had another hospital appointment regarding the nerve damage caused by forceps, and subsequent numbness etc. The consultant thinks everything is progressing normally, so we hope that she will be fine.

DDs 1 and 2 have helped and supported a lot whilst I was away on holiday.
                        DD3 will come to our house on Monday and Tuesday while SIL is at work, as it will still be difficult for her to handle the baby much.

Comment

Gemini, I bet you are longing to hold that dear little one again. So pleased he is progressing well

Comment

Good news that he is doing so well. Hope DD gets the drain out soon.

Comment

I have asked DD (with baby) to stay here on Monday night. The plan was for them to be here all day Monday and Tuesday while SIL works anyway, so they may as well stay.
                              I can have the baby in with me and do the night feeds and changes. OH can have the sofa bed in the other spare room, DD the double in the main spare room. SIL can go home from work have a relaxing evening and good night's sleep.

Comment

That sounds like a good plan Gemini

Comment

Working...
                                X