This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a lovely chat with GS he rang between lectures ,
    Said he’s had a good couple of days and already knows he’s going to love it .
    So relieved he sounds so much more settled .

Told him he doesn’t have to think he must ring us everyday just when and if he has time or feels like it ,
    He said at the moment he still needs to hear our voices if he’s not seeing us , bless him 🥰
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Lizzie,glad your accident wasn't any worse than it was. Kind of the lady to come and check on you.

Glamma, not too early to start for Christmas. I've started already.

Oma, nice of GS to ring just to hear your voices.

Plant, glad you are happy with your cleaning lady.

I actually made 3 cottage pies.Ate 1 for dinner,2 in the freezer.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I hope today has gone as well as it could Daisy.

GS loves his GPs Oma

I had a very peaceful day by myself.
        OH got home about 3 and a friend called in just after. She brought us a lovely rice pudding. We had some at tea time.

I'm very sleepy, it's not easy to watch TV as I drop off all the time!
        I go to bed by about 10 and am awake by 5ish as by then I am very uncomfortable. All to be expected at this stage though.
        Night everyone.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good morning. Apparently storm Agnes is visiting today.

No plans for us today. We'll just take the day as it comes.

I think I'm doing jacket potatoes for dinner with cheese and beans.

Comment

Good morning to all.

Beautiful graphic this morning Nan2.
            I was seeing storm Agnes reports on TV earlier

Day 3 of golf for OH!
            One or maybe both of my aqua pals are coming to see me this afternoon. C and P may come too. They have been away and I'm not sure when they will pop in.
            I will be in all day, whoever decides to call
            ​​​​​​
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Morning Ladies
              Just popped in quick of to get our Covid jabs in a few minutes, will pop back later xx

Comment

Not feeling too good, checked for Covid, all clear there. I am having my carpet cleaned today, they are coming at ten so I will pop back later.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Oh Plant I hope you feel better later. Take care xx

Good to get the Covid jabs out of the way Oma.

C and P are coming round this morning. It will be good to see them. They have their Covid jabs this afternoon.

Comment

Well before we went for our Jabs my next door neighbour text me today she was feeling very poorly with COVID ,
                    Got to the Drs 2 Doctors and 6 out of the 8 reception staff were off this morning with COVID.

It was causing problems for the staff there as they were trying to contact people who had appointments with the two Drs and other things , Along with normal work.
                    People were turning up to be told things had been cancelled and would have to be rescheduled.

Most were very understanding but there was two people who kicked up a stink , one Man was very nasty till another man in the waiting room stood up for the staff ,asking him what were they supposed to do it wasn’t their fault staff and Drs had become Ill.

It looks like it’s spreading again so back to masks for us.

Comment

The new variant of covid is bad. A friend was telling us this morning he'd had it.
                      Said he had never felt so ill.
                      DS2 said he felt for really bad for 3 days. He tested negative this morning. DIL was still testing positive.

Comment

My DD1 who had Covid recently said she felt a lot more ill than last time she had it

I have had C and P visiting before lunch and 2 visits from separate friends this afternoon. Plenty of company today.
                        It's a miserable drizzly afternoon I'm glad to be inside.

Comment

It’s the same here Gem dark and rainy.
                          How you moving around now ? My SILs sister had her second knee replacement yesterday , they talking about replacing her hips now but further down the line.

Nanto
                          My neighbour said the same it’s worse than last time she had it ,

Comment

I think I'm moving around quite well with my sticks Oma.
                            It's painful, but onwards and upwards!

I hope Plant is OK , she wasn't feeling very well this morning

Comment

We had unexpected visitors this morning,nephew and his wife.

Hubby got a couple of jobs done outside,before the rain came.
                              I just did a bit of tidying up inside.

Hoping plant is ok as well.
                              Gem, glad you get around with your sticks,and nice for you to have some company.

Comment

Hallo everyone, I have just got home from doing the coffee etc, it was 22 degrees cycling home, a lot of police at the roundabout, ambulance etc, cyclists have right of way, but, we don't always get it!!!

I managed to get the inside of the car cleaned this morning, I went to the garage to hoover it out then came home and did the windows inside, with the lower sun it was getting difficult to see clearly, maybe tomorrow I will get the outside done.

DS1 phoned, he was on his way to Schiphol to fly to Zurich, he certainly gets around, they hope to get to the UK for half term in a fortnights time, I think he said the boat was booked. GD1 will be 18 whilst they are there. Usually had her birthday in the UK as they went with half term up to the lock down.

I have brought cuttings from a plant home so hope they grow. String of hearts!

It is almost 3 years ago that my sister died, BIL is actually moving house this weekend, I do hope he settles in.

I went to watch a friend singing in the sea shanty choir, he will be 80 next month, certainly doesn't look it. A young man sings with them, family of my ex, when we first came here 54 years ago he had to move out of his bedroom so that we could move in to it! We are meeting up for lunch one day, his sister will be there as well, I often meet her when in the village so we will have a lot to catch up on. This man lost his wife a few years ago, she was very young, he has now got a partner and seems happy, she was there as well so I met her, in fact, I have had a busy day!

Gem, when do you have to go back to the physio? I know the physio comes on house here to go for walks with the patients.

Comment

Working...
                                X