love and deepest sympathy

to dear Daisy and her family at this time
See more
See less

Back in time for dinner

Collapse
X

Back in time for dinner

Has anyone been watching this , its a family living through the decades each week ,
    This week was the 1930,s The family eat ,dress, live the decade its amazing really worth watching , next week its the 40,s . you find out so much like tonight ,did you know Cling film came out in 1934 sliced bread 1937 some of the gadgets like glass sided toasters were invented then , the style is coming around again , I love it
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, we recorded tonight's episode. I have meant to watch it all, but will have to see the earlier ones on catch up.
    Is this the same family we have seen before?
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I haven't seen this weeks yet, I will eventually catch up with it.
      I also enjoyed the previous series and I noticed that the mother still hasn't got the hang of using a hand held tin opener!
      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

I enjoy the programme, haven't seen the latest episode yet
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have seen all of these.It's very interesting.
          Mind you,when they had Debbie the maid,some of the meals looked horrible.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I'm enjoying these programmes but the mother annoys me, can't think how she'd have managed if she had really lived through those times. It's getting interesting now we can begin to recognise things. I enjoyed the previous series too especially the sixties one.
            "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

I know what you mean about the tin opener , someone needs to show her i keep thinking shes going to cut herself on the tin , she seems to be getting the hang of cooking now as in the real world her hubby does all the cooking , i liked the last series too especially the 60/70 , things we had forgotten about
              Gem yes its the same family as last series ,

Comment

I must catch up with this - I enjoyed the last series.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The mother annoys me too Enfys, must watch the last episode

Comment

I've not watched it as I saw the preview of the programme. A girl was cutting up a cow's head & it out me off. 😝
                    "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Nana she was making mock turtle soup that's what they used in the 20s😊

Comment

Was it a pigs head to make brawn? My mum used to make it in the 60's. I often opened the larder door and saw a pigs head grinning at me 🐷.

a few weeks before Christmas DGD, who is a chef, made brawn for her menu at work. Her boss was very impressed especially as the pigs head cost hardly anything and they were selling the portions for £'s! Apparently it's a delicacy now, how times change!
                        Last edited by Enfys; 17-02-2017, 05:00 PM.
                        "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Same with pig cheek Enfys it used to be bought for pennies till all the chefs started using them.

Comment

My mother always made brawn and tongue at Christmas

Comment

My mum loves all that type of food and still laments that your can't buy tripe any more!
                              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X