Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV, what do you like, what would you recommend?

Collapse
X

TV, what do you like, what would you recommend?

A thread to talk about what sort of programmes we like, and things we recommend.

Chat away!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I am not a TV person, I was thinking only yesterday, I have always watched Casualty, from the start, when I worked shifts and had the late shift on a Saturday I would record it, also when DH was home as he always had his choices. When I bought this Mac I got 3 months Apple TV so I am trying to use that, DS1 will ask "what have you watched mum?", I started on a series the other evening, it is called Trying, a little dragged out, but, I am watching!

My mother could have the TV on all the time sometimes not knowing what was on!!!! She did watch all her soaps though!!!

Comment

Lizzie I’m not a big telly watcher ,
      I do like recently on morning TV a programme called Scam intercepters. They stop people being scammed from the Indian call centres pretending to be from Amazon or the bank.

I like a good comedy like Miranda or Catherine Tate
      A good period Drama and
      some of the hospital ones where they are doing all these operations very clever people .

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

My TV interests are so varied, it would take me forever to list all that I like.

Actively dislike all sports apart from ice skating or gymnastics.
        Hate things like Love Island, Married at First Sight etc (although to be fair I haven't actually watched any!)
        Hate the very idea of Sewing Bee!

I can usually find something to interest me on TV or Netflix. We record a lot and rarely watch much live TV.

I spend too much time online and I read every day, but I do like my telly time
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I like to watch to watch the soaps, but hubby hates them.
          I record them and watch them when i'm on my own, in peace.
          Like you Gem, i hate things like Love Island.
          Also, i like watching things that are true stories.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

If I want to be cheered up and to laugh out loud I watch Would I Lie to you

Comment

I watched an episode of If I Lie to You last evening, Sue Pollard was on one team, she was so funny. Good programme if you want a good laugh.
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Wimbledon has started, very sad about Andy Murray but he has pushed his body long enough. A young man called Jack Draper is looking as if he will, in time, fill Andy’s shoes.

Comment

My OH is recording it all and catching up when she can. I heard about Andy Murray.

Comment

Gem,i wont watch any reality Tv and anything with celebrity in the title,
                    I do like Sewing be though.

Would I lie to you is hysterical.

last night we watched some old black and white Stepto and sons , Then are you being served ,
                    Telly was simple then but they wouldn’t get away with half the stuff now not PC , made us laugh though .
                    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

The reason that the series I am watching on Apple TV so dragged out was, is, there are 4 series of about 8 or 9 instalments! I thought they seemed to be ageing. I must say it is very good though, very similar to Cold Feet a few years ago, very good acting as well. It must be good for me to sit and watch it.

Comment

Oma, I like sewing B, the contestants are so clever. One of my must see programmes is Gone Fishing with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer, they are both so funny. I love Bob Mortimer when he is on Would I Lie to You.

Comment

He's so funny on there Plant

Comment

Working...
                          X