Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Proms

Collapse
X

The Proms

Not what we usually expect at the Proms, and I wonder how some traditional Prom fans felt about it!

I have to confess I hadn't even heard of Jacob Collier.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Watched two young ladies and two young men playing on two pianos, it was amazing.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

That sounds fantastic, Plant. There are some very talented people about.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Sorry Gem, not my kind of music at all.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

More like a pop concert. Even if he is considered very talented I’m not sure the Proms is the right place to showcase this musical style.

Comment

He didn't even have a good voice, not very enjoyable.

Comment

Ladies - I agree. I don't think he had a great voice, and I know things have to change and develop, but this isn't the type of music I'd look for at the Proms - more a smoky basement in a Jazz cellar!

On the other hand, Plant's pianists playing 2 pianos sounds lovely - I'm trying to find a link.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Weird choice!!
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good luck Daisy finding a link. couldn't take my eyes off them.

Comment

Performances of Lauren Zhang at BBC Proms - BBC Proms - BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/events/....2-a94efcd1c38f
                    15 Jul 2018 - Find out more about Lauren Zhang on BBC Music ... winners and finalists, including Nicola Benedetti, Freddy Kempf and Sheku Kanneh-Mason ...

I think this is the performance Daisy, enjoy.

Comment

Sorry the link isn't working, I am sure you will do better.

Comment

Plant - I can't find it at the moment either. But I'll have another go when I've got a bit more time. Thanks for trying.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                        X