Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Welcoming Picture

Collapse
X

A Welcoming Picture

Hi all, I've been thinking about you all lately, and how I've lost touch with you all.
    If you remember my Dad passed away in March and I had been with Mam and Dad every day since his cancer was diagnosed in January. I didn't think they should go through that on their own and it was so quick. Every day on my drive home I would cry when driving on the by-pass. Sometimes it still hits me at the same point along the road, but just lately the sky has been blue and the trees and bushes are all the right greens, that make up my perfect picture. those lovely colours that go together and seem to hug me and make this drive my "Happy Place". Those who have had counselling know what I mean. I'm going to look for a painting that gives me that feeling. I think it s the colours that make it for me.
    Are any of you moved by the way colours come together?

Oh that is such an uplifting thing you feel , I sometimes see it when I look at my plants , plonked in pots round the yard , but sometimes the light just catches the leaves and it makes a happy picture and gives me a happy singing feeling

Comment

Should have said ..... I hope you are feeling a bit better , but it does hurt for a long time when you lose a Parent xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

GJ, how lovely to hear from you. I have been wondering how things were since you lost your dad. I think you should try to find a picture that captures what you feel in your happy place.
        Sending ((HUGS))
        β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hugs from me GJ
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

GJ - I'm so glad that you've moved from the total sadness of losing your Dad to a Happy Place where you can feel content. I certainly know what you mean about colours - for me it's usually the way the light interacts with colour - something like the sun shining on a bronze acer leaf, or through the delicate petals of a white flower.

It's lovely to see you posting - we've missed you. xxx
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'm at the moment sitting in the dark and I can see into my garden and my mosaic solar lights are shining all different colours , pink ,blue, green,yellow etc and I feel very peaceful looking at them . I never thought about it before but your right some colours do make you feel better GJ I do hope you find the right painting and it brings back wonderful memories of your Dad xxx
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Not very good as it's dark but you get the idea 😊

Comment

Lovely post grannyjules, so good to hear you are feeling happier now. I've never thought about colours in that way, but hope you can find a painting that reflects your happy place.
                    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Hi GJ good to see you on here, when my dad died , a few months later we went to a stately home called Newby Hall thought I was over his death as well as one can be but whilst having lunch in the restaurant I saw a lady with her dad similar age to me and my dad walking round the gardens and the tears rolled down my face, it will get easier but it takes time and be prepared for the odd reminder a song or something he used to say that someone else has said .
                      How are the g/c there are some recent pics on my profile of mine take a look.xx

Comment

Hallo and 🌹🌹🌹🌹to you grannyjules.....a lovely post and beautiful words, and so great to see you here again. You have been missed xxxx
                        Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Qwerty, my dad died 6 years ago, and I am still brought close to tears by the glimpse of any elderly man who reminds me of him xx
                          β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hello GJ. I've also been wondering how you are.I'm glad you are moving into a happier place.I hope you'll feel more like joining in as time goes by.

The other day we had a lovely walk to the castle ruins overlooking Three Cliffs Bay. The sky was a glorious blue,the cliff sides were covered in vibrant green trees and grass and the sand was a pure yellow. The effect was so vibrant. I've put a picture in my media (along with some others) to give you an idea.

Thinking of you.xx

Comment

Welcome back to chatting with us GrannyJ. Glad you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. πŸ’›
                              "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Working...
                              X