Collapse

keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Video doorbells

Collapse
X

My DS 1 bought me one for Christmas. I’m still getting used to it. I am staying with DD for a few days and most days I can see the postman and then my neighbour who picks up the post for me, going in.

Comment

Clover, I'm sure you will find it very useful for things like that, especially if it's a parcel. We can see the drive of the house opposite us on our camera so if we get a parcel we can see if the neighbours are at home and have it delivered there.

Enjoy being with your DD. How are they all? How is your GS getting on - I often think about him. x
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I only remembered about this tale yesterday.

A few months ago bro in law put a ring doorbell up for his parents.
        3 weeks later he was leaving his parents one day,when his dad gave him some money when they were stood at the front door.
        ½ an hour later the daughter rung the dad and asked why he had given her brother some money.
        The dad said he has done a lot of running about for us so the money was for fuel for the car.
        Anyway how did you know asked their dad,she replied i have the app for your doorbell on my on my phone.
        How sneaky is that.
        She was told to delete it,and she said she had,but you never know.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oh that's awful Nan2! Talk about spying.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Nanto, that is sneaky, someway or other she must have got hold of the link/code.

Comment

Nanto, that was sneaky. When I was looking after our GSs while my DS was in hospital I had their door bell on my phone, but I deleted it before I left! Apart from anything else, I don't want to go running to our front door every time their cat sits on their doorstep to wash herself!
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Right, well we have one of these now and OH fitted it up yesterday. I linked it to my phone, successfully. I tried to add her phone but it doesn't seem to have quite worked, she can't access it.

It alerts me when there is someone at the door or when the bell rings. It only does this by a notice on the phone, with no sound. This is no good as I will only know if anyone is at the door if I happen to be holding my phone!
                I have tried to find out why but no luck.

DDs 1 and 2 have Ring doorbells so we will ask them today.
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I am thinking of getting one as my door bell is useless.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem, I think you designate one phone as the prime contract and the other one as a shared contact. My OH's is the prime one and was easy to set up. Mine was more fiddly, and I don't know if it's because OH's phone is Google and mine's an iPhone, or what, but DS1 was able to tell us what to do over the phone, and they both work fine. Good luck with yours - they are so useful.

Plant, I think it's a good safety feature as well. You can have cameras positioned around your house outside if you need or would like extra security.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Does everyone here who has a Ring doorbell pay the subscription to save the videos?
                      Ours is still on the free months trial.

In fact I delete everything every couple of days anyway.
                      I can see storage is useful for any disturbance outside or parcels claimed to be left that weren't but I'm not sure that's worth paying £50 a year for.'
                      Since buying ours I found out that SIL has the kind which you don't pay for video storage for, I wish I had bought that one!

Comment

Gem, to start with we didn't bother to pay to have the videos saved, but then there were several cases where thieves had broken into garages and stollen things like bikes, lawnmowers, power tools, etc and we decided £1 a week was worth it.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                        X