keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Video doorbells

Collapse
X

Video doorbells

Two of my DD's have these and I know some of our members here do.

Do you have one, and and do you recommend them?
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

My DD has one they brilliant , she can see who is at the door when she’s not there and talk to them ,
    It alerts her by phone .
    We we’re thinking about one also.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I think they are great but I don’t think I need one, all the strangers and post people go to the front door, I am around the back.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We've got the Arlo doorbell. You download the app.
        As Oma says,you can see who's there without going to the door,and you can speak to them.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We've got a Ring. It wasn't feasible to wire the actual doorbell, so we've got a rechargeable battery bell, but the ring alert is plugged in in the living room. We're going to get a second battery so we don't have to leave it inactive while the battery charges. We've both got the apps on our phones.

It's really useful when you are out, or even if it's not convenient to go to the door provided you've got your phone with you. You can often see where parcels have been left as well.

When I was staying at DS1's recently I was able to add their Ring to my phone app as well. (Now deleted!) They also have cameras round the back of the house, which I used to watch the antics of the foxes during the night! I could also see the birds on the feeders during the day. You can set it up so you don't get an alert every time a robin flies by!

My DS2 has his camera set up without a doorbell alert as it drives the dog mad!

It's one of those things nobody really needs, but they're jolly useful.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

DD1's was useful this morning as she could check and see that her car had been collected whilst she was out on a walk!
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I think the longer you have one, the more uses you find, Gem.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We've had ours up and running for about 2 weeks now and once I can convince visitors to actually press the doorbell it will be perfect.
                On the plus side the doorbell actually let's me know ( via my mobile phone) when someone is near or standing by our front door.

Also I view via my phone, what's going on outside this evening... I keep checking to see if any damage has happened with this horrible gale that's going on at the moment
                Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, what is it about people who prefer to hammer on a door rather than press a simple bell! But, as you said, you can at least see who is hammering on the door! Do you have the footage recorded - we didn't at first, then decided it's well worth the small cost involved.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy I think I paid about £34 .99 for the basic cover which I think is good value
                    Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, we thought it was worth having as well.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

OH was wondering if it needed an iphone for you to see this on your phone? We both have Android phones.

Comment

Gem, no. I have an iPhone but OH has a Google phone. DS1 and DIL1 both have Androids. Ring works on all of them.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Thank you Daisy!

Comment

We have just taken delivery via Amazon of one , I didn’t know B had sent for it ,
                              I had been telling him Gem was thinking about one and that Daisy and Mimi had one so it must have prompted him to order one .
                              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
                              X