keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Air fryer

Collapse
X

Air fryer

We are buying one of these,when we go shopping at the weekend.
    Not particularly to save money, but to make cooking easier, and more healthy.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

I keep seeing these advertised and wonder about buying one.
    I will be interested to hear what you think of it Nan2.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I've ordered one from Amazon. We have money in there, so might as well use it. Ours will be here Friday. I'll be trying it over the weekend. I've read a lot about them and not heard a bad word about them. I haven't ordered a multi function one because I like my slow cooker for casseroles and pie fillings.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I have one and I love it! I use it a lot with being on my own then I don't have to use the oven.

Comment

We have a Ninja Foodie it makes lovely chips and roast chicken is amazing ,
          Never had a bad meal in it yet , saves oven cleaning too 😁
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Lizzie, I’m interested to hear you have one being on your own. I’ve been wondering whether I would use it just for one, DD has one and loves it. What sort of things do you use it for?
            "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Enfys, it is an Acti fry, the same system, DS2 gave me it when they bought the house together 2 years ago. I love chops (lamb) from it, salmon in foil, chicken, roasting veg etc and now and again for the GD,s I have made chips, oh, and what really good are the roasted potatoes! I find it handier cooking for myself then using the pans, oven etc.

Comment

I think you are all persuading me!
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Making my mouth water.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Thanks Lizzie, I’ll give it some serious thought. I’ll have a better look at DDs too.
                    "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

This isn't something I've ever thought about, and I'm resistant to having another machine on the worktop, or even worse tucked in the back of a cupboard, unless it's going to earn its keep. I fondly imagine my gas oven is relatively inexpensive to run, but I may be wrong. But I'm not sure what I would use the air fryer for. It sounds as though they are very versatile, but there are different kinds??

The thought of "proper" chips is very tempting though!
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, my OH will be horrified at the idea of another gadget on the worktop if I suggest it!!

Comment

Gem
                          Im with S on this one , I hate stuff out on the worktops but the Ninja is too big and heavy to drag in and out of the cupboard so it’s in the corner of the worktop and it’s not too bad .I tolerate it as it’s so good 😁
                          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I have a microwave, slow cooker, kettle, toaster, soup maker, fruit bowl and a small waste food caddy on my worktops, I think I will pass on any more gadgets. I used to have a steamer but that didn’t earn it’s keep. Just cooking for one, it has to be simple and quick. The days have passed when I used to spend ages cooking for the family and or guests
                            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have one. Bacon is crispy in the right places, sausages are great. Reheating frozen croissants, cooking chops etc., all great. It has many functions I have yet to try, but so far, so good. Mine wasn’t expensive, £50 ish from Costco.
                              Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                              Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X