Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothes

Collapse
X

Grauntie, your OH pays you some wonderful compliments! Ooooh, suede hotpants - what colour were they? I had a leather coat and wore it for years, then had it made into a jacket and wore it for a few more years. I wouldn't have known what to do with the leather that was cut off when it was altered. Needless to say, I didn't do it myself!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, they were dusky pink!
      Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
      Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie I was married in in 1975 in a dusky pink Laura Ashley dress with tiny purple flower on, and dusky pink suede shoes ( probably the last pair of heels I wore!)
        β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

You young things
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!!
            Plant, when we compare the dresses we married in to the styles the brides of today wear, it’s quite shocking! Mine covered most of me up!
            Last edited by Grauntie Mag; 03-10-2023, 06:28 PM.
            Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
            Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie, so did my wedding dress (1967 high fashion!) - it had a boat neckline, long lace sleeves and was Empire line. I could never have seen myself in a meringue. If we'd got married in the winter I would have chosen a velvet cape.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Same here, boat neckline, empire line and lace at the cuff of the long sleeve!
                Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I was flaunting all tradition with my long pink Laura Ashley! ( plus 5 months pregnant!)
                  β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
                  X