Oh how I would love a bath!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it did Sum1

Last week I checked with my physio that kneeling was allowed. He was pretty sure it was fine but he went to ask my consultant to be doubly sure and he said go for it!

Professional carpet fitting and lots of kneeling on stone floors is inadvisable, anything else is down to your own comfort level, the joint cannot be damaged.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh Gem that’s great but a shame you’ll have to put off the carpet fitting for a while! 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Clover View Post
        Oh Gem that’s great but a shame you’ll have to put off the carpet fitting for a while! 😀
        That's right Clover. Another career path closed to me
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, I'm sure Sum1 is right. It's not just the pleasure of relaxing in the water, but another step to the healing of your spirits which have been battered by all the pain.

You'll have to contract out your thriving carpet-fitting business to Oma's SIL. x
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Don’t think using the kicker with your knee to fit carpets is a good idea 🤣🤣🤣
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Using the kicker, definitely out of the question
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I had another nice relaxing bath this afternoon, with my bubbles and my Kindle, and foam cushion ready by the side of the bath
                I didn't need any assistance to get out, but OH was downstairs in case I needed her!

Comment

Gem, that's great. I could say onwards and upwards, but perhaps onwards and downwards (into the bubbles) is more appropriate. xxx
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It was very tricky for some time and almost not worth the pleasure of the bath when offset by the difficulty and discomfort of getting out! I still avoided baths on the whole.

I am 9 month post op now and getting out is relatively quick and easy. Foam cushion had been abandoned some time ago. I have a bath whenever I want one. I strengthened my thigh muscles over time so now I can stand up without resting on the offending knee at all. I am still very careful though!

Comment

Working...
                    X