See less

Clocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in Scotland when not changing the clocks was tried and it wasn't very nice. Very dark in morning, in fact if I remember correctly we started school later. Was lighter in the evenings. Scotland is dark enough in Winter mornings without having an extra hour of it!

I've always said that schools should have longer Christmas holidays to save money by not having to use energy for heating or lighting.
    Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

WG
      I agree about longer Christmas Holidays , I’ve never understood why it’s long summer Holidays ,
      To me it’s more sensible to be longer in the winter ,saves on energy plus not having to drag children out into the cold every morning .
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

WG, was that called daylight saving?
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Might have been Plant! It was in the early 70s and I think it was a trial to see if not changing the clocks would work, but there was such an outcry about it in Scotland, that it didn't happen again!
          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Is it crazy to think having different time zones might work, although whatever we call the time there are the same number of hours of light and dark in any given place.

WeeGranny, am I right in thinking that in Scotland the summer evenings are lighter for longer? The further south you go the shorter the daylight hours.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X