Clocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clocks.

Don't forget we alter the clocks this weekend.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Thanks Nan2!

I had remembered the other day, as we are having family round the following day and I reminded them.
    I had since forgotten however
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I hate doing the clocks and watches then there is the cooker and microwave ones ,
      Takes forever 🙄
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We always forget one - usually the one in the conservatory which is too high to reach without steps!
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

B has just changed the ones in the bedrooms ,
          He said it won’t matter those getting done early we won’t see them till tonight anyway 😁

Comment

I hate the clocks going back as it means darker evenings!

I think we must have far too many clocks in our house and I sometimes get caught out by ones that adjust themselves. OH does the central heating boiler, but I do the others.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We,ve altered the upstairs clocks. Will do the downstairs ones later.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I managed all the clocks etc, then, went for a bike ride and the display needed changing, I thought I would come home and read the instructions, I will take a look on YouTube next time I need to do it, I ended up, changing the time, metric to miles and language. I then had to sort it all out again, now it is back to metric, the language is one I can understand and the clock is set right!

Comment

Good lord Lizzie , that sounds complicated!

Comment

Lizzie, I sympathise. The timer on my new oven has defeated me today. It will have to stay on Summer Time until I can get my head round it.
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Hate it.

“Prof Aoife Foley, a clean energy expert at Queen’s University Belfast, said: “By simply forgoing the winter DST in October, we save energy because it is brighter in the evening during winter, so we reduce commercial and residential electrical demand as people leave work earlier, and go home earlier, meaning less lighting and heating is needed.”
                      It seems households would save £400 a year. And road accidents would diminish considerably.

And quite apart from that the cat has been giving us grief about her mealtimes and jumping on the bed at 5.00 am. An hour too early.

Comment

Also DD and SIL3 for the first time couldn't appreciate the 'extra hour', as 3 month old babies care as much as cats do about all that!

Comment

We should listen to our 3 month old babies, cats and dogs! Surely leaving the clocks on BST would enable most children to get home before it's pitch dark, and that must be worth doing.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh I so agree ,
                            You can’t explain to Animals and Babies who want feeding at their usual time , they don’t want to wait a extra hour do they .

Comment

Oma, Eva is still feeling very hard done by over the hour change!

Both OH and I have been very tired for the last few days and we're sure it's the change in the clocks, even though in theory we had an extra hour's sleep on Saturday/Sunday.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                              X