Easy nap times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy nap times

My 20 month old grandson must be one of the very easiest to put down for nap.
    He gave up his morning nap some months ago, and has an early afternoon nap. He generally goes around 1 and has 2 to 3 hours.

After lunch we play a bit and I say 'Are you tired? Would you like to go up to your cot to see teddy and dummy?'
    Well he couldn't look more pleased had I said 'Shall we will sit in the middle of a toy shop eating sweets?'
    He grins,nods says yes and sets off for the stairs eagerly!
    He climbs the stairs with me behind him. I hand him his dummy, lift him into his cot, he cuddles teddy and lays down. Sometimes I hear him chattering via the monitor for 5 or 10 minutes, and then he's asleep!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, what a darling he is. Much as you adore him, I bet you are glad of that chance to relax for an hour or so. I remember my GD1 loved her daytime naps. She'd sit on my lap for a story and then go quite happily into her cot. She was still having an afternoon nap in her last term at playgroup. We spent that summer trying to wean her off her nap ready to start school in the September.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Finn loves his afternoon nap , he goes down for a good 2 hours or more ,
      When we went on Friday he was just getting up , came down he stairs all grins , his little cheeks all rosy and curly sweaty hair 😁
      They are lovely at that age .
      I love the idea of sitting in a toy shop eating sweets mind you 🤣🤣🤣

I remember those afternoon naps were a gods send with the boys , I would dash around getting things done then put my feet up for the last hour 😁
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Daisy and Oma, I certainly appreciate the time off!
        As he has an early lunch I tend to wait for mine until he is asleep.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

When GD2 was that age and here I would put her down for her nap, she always slept well, my neighbour kept an eye on her whilst I went on the bike to pick GD1 up from school, we often had time for a picnic or whatever when we arrived home before GD2 would wake.

Comment

GD2 (H) loves her bed and had a good 2 hours today, mind she had been at pre-school, too tired to eat her lunch, so went to bed. We had to wake her to go out.she was very hungry for her dinner. My son used to fight sleep.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I remember GS1 used to sleep for over 3 hours, most of the afternoon, and then I often had to wake him. I had to read him a lot of stories before he would settle though!

Comment

Plant, I used to take a little snack of cheese when I picked GD up from play group, and she'd eat that in the car. At least if she was too tired to eat lunch she wasn't starving when she woke up!

My DS1 never slept during the day. The 'best' he ever did was a few minutes in the car occasionally. But then, he never woke up at night - that was a huge blessing.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Still easy.......

Comment

Working...
                  X