Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Thursday morning, everyone. It's blustery here, but at least it's not raining at the moment.

Lizzie, the tunnels would worry me as well. Are they very busy with cyclists?

Nanto, what a pretty graphic. It reminds me of a much-photographed view of Beaulieu village (where the Motor Museum is) near us. Dinner sounds yummy.

Gem, poor T. I know you have been worried about him, and I'm sure he will be delighted to see you, with or without cake. I haven't hat shepherd's pie for ages - I think I'll get some lamb mince and make one for next week sometime. Did you have a nice time with the friend who visited yesterday? Has S managed to play golf this week?

I'm meeting my College friends for lunch today. I missed the last get together, so looking forward to today. We meet at a golf club overlooking the Solent and the Needles so the weather is always very interesting, whether it's calm and sunny, or wild and wintery. I need to get a move on to take Eva out for a walk first, though. Back later.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Went to see Annie yesterday, it was in an old theatre in Wimbledon. It ways full of school children. Weather was cold and wet, long wait for our coach to come home, he couldn’t get through the traffic. GD2 has sprained her ankle so is off work. Just had a face time, she wants me to go down to keep her company. I am feeling very slow today after my day out yesterday.

Gemini, I am sure your friend will be pleased to have your company and the cake of course.

Nanto, Dinner as usual sounds good. Nice to have a quiet day Nanto.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Daisy, your post popped up as I posted mine.

Have a lovely lunch with your friends, the venue sounds lovely.

Comment

Plant, I hope you enjoyed Annie despite the cold and the long journey. Poor GD2, she will be glad of your company.

Daisy, we had a lovely evening with our friend thank you. S played golf om Tuesday and will be playing again today. Quite a nice bright morning here.
          Enjoy your lunch
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hallo everyone, it is still dry with showers forecast, I have been to the dentist, my dentist has retired, he was our dentist for 40 years! The one I had today is a very young Chinese girl, very friendly.

Daisy, the tunnels are for the cyclists so do get used a lot.

I told GD1 this morning that I would get DG2 a sweater and that she could choose one another time, she informed me that she would rather have a bag! That is fine by me.

Comment

Sil has been down to fetch GD and H. So I am excused. GD wanted me to fetch them but I have told her long ago that I ask not prepared to drive H. I think and others think I am still driving safely but I am not prepared to drive the little ones.

Comment

Afternoon ladies
                Everyone is busy today.

Plant
                if you don’t feel comfortable driving with the little one in the car then your doing the right thing .
                Its a big responsibility and you will be very conscience of it making you slightly nervous I would imagine .

Gem
                Hope T is ok and he enjoys your company and cake 😁

Daisy
                Enjoy lunch with your friends I bet there is always lots to talk about x

Lizzie
                We have tunnels / Underpasses all over Washington to get from village to village ,
                I would never walk them in the dark or let my children,
                They are well lit but each end has thick bushes and shrubs anyone could hide in .

Been to MILs she was in a very good mood this morning full of chat and no moans so we stayed longer than usual.
                Makes such a difference when she’s like that .

On way home we went to Aldi came home had lunch then to Lidl and Iceland

it’s a lovely bright crisp day and dry for a change .

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Plant, hope you enjoyed the show.
                  Sorry to hear GD has sprained her ankle.

Gem, hope you have a lovely visit with T.

Oma, how nice for MIL to be in such a good mood.

I had a busy morning.
                  The sun was shining,so after i had done my jobs,i decided to cut the grass.
                  Hubby thinks its the last cut for this year.
                  Didn't do mash for the dinner,did roast potatoes instead.
                  Made some extra for the freezer.
                  Also sliced 2 very large onions and fried them,they are in the freezer as well.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant I have heard other GGPs say they won't drive the children. You know what you feel is right and safe and are justified in sticking to that.

It was lovely to see T and I feel happier for having seen him. I have been worried about him.
                    He had a fall in the street and was taken to hospital ( he was unaware of falling and woke up in hospital) nothing broken but lots of bruises etc. There was a plus side in that the Dr said if he stayed in he could be moved up for his surgeries, or he could go home and wait 6 months! He was in for 3 weeks in the end and came out with a stent and pacemaker. He was talking about renewing his passport and looking into river cruises, so must be feeling positive
                    He enjoyed his scone jam and cream, and my company!
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I am to have another great grandson later in the year. GS1 and his wife have just found out the sex of their baby due in the summer (don’t know the rough date). GGS will be pleased, he wanted a brother.

Comment

Lovely news Plant

Comment

Lovely to hear the news Plant.

Gem, must have been nice for you to hear T is sounding more positive.

Comment

Aww that’s great news Plant 😁❤️

Gem
                            Pleased T was ok and as you say must be feeling better if he is talking about a holiday 😁
                            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Plant, how wonderful, another GGS to love and cuddle. Poor GD2, I hope her ankle is soon better. Pleased to hear you enjoyed Annie, despite the problems.

Nanto, one of our neighbours cut his lawn on Tuesday - ours is still squelching - literally. I do like nicely roasted potatoes - yummy!

Gem, you must have been very pleased to see T was in good spirits. A river cruise would be just the job for him, and something nice to look forward to.

Oma, what a pleasant surprise when MIL is cheerful and chatty.

Lizzie, the tunnels sound 'safe' from the road point of view, but like you, I'd still worry.

Glamm, how are you feeling? I hope you are on the mend now. How is your appetite?

There were only 3 of us at lunch today - several people were ill, one was on her way back from holiday and someone else was away seeing family. The sun was shining, but there was a gusting wind off the sea. Then it suddenly clouded over and the heavens opened just as we were leaving. I got home to find everywhere dry - no rain at all! It was lovely jut being the 3 of us, even though we missed the others. It was easier to chat in such a small group. The room was very noisy as there had been a competition and the players all came in for lunch together!
                              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good morning. Dry this morning.

Daisy, glad you had a lovely time with friends. I agree , its easier to talk when there is only a few of you.

Not a lot for me to do today, just make sure everything is tidy.
                                I need to wash a load of darks.
                                Local forecast said there will be plenty of sunshine, so I might be able to get them out on the line for a couple of hours.

Today's dinner will be fish in breadcrumbs, baby potatoes, veggies and parsley sauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X