Favourite authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite authors

I find it hard to choose one if anyone asks my favourite author as I have many!

Who are your favourites?

I like many and varied types of reading material. These are the ones I like the best and have read most of.

Charles Dickens
    JK Rowling and Robert Galbraith (Her Strike novels)
    Clare Chambers
    Rachel Abbott
    Angela Marsons
    Val McDermid
    Robert Bryndza
    Amanda Prowse
    Jo-Jo Moyes
    Nick Alexander
    Rosamund Lupton
    Belinda Bauer
    Richard Osman
    Anne Tyler
    Ruth Jones
    Imogen Clark

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I don't have a favourite author. Very rare i read a book.
    On the odd occasion i do read a book,it has to be a true story.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I love reading and will often try to read several books by the same author one after the other, but I don't have any real favourites - it's just if a particular story 'grabs' me.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

No favourite authors but many writers whose books are treasured companions.

If I started listing them I’d be here until next year, but I’d like to mention just two. The first is C J Sansom whose death has just been announced. He wrote the series of novels set in Tudor times with his protagonist Matthew Shardlake as the crook back lawyer whose insight and lawyerly mind involves him in investigating crimes connected loosely with the court and government. The first in the series is Dissolution and I can’t recommend them enough.

The second is a beautiful book with four authors, one an ecologist, one a writer, one an academic in environmental geography and the fourth an historian and illustrator.

It’s called Noticing Nature and divides the year into 72 short seasons when some natural phenomenon emerges. In May which begins tomorrow, there is gorse crowns, followed by the return of the swifts then ferns unfolding and frothy hawthorn. Then buttercup meadows conclude the month. It’s a lovely book to have by your bedside as it’s just three or four pages to read last thing at night and send you to sleep with lovely images in your mind and a resolution to look out for what is described in the forthcoming days.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I can imagine that being an uplifting read at bedtime Sum1.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I read anything and everything , I don’t have a favourite author though.
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Sum1, I love the sound of the 72 seasons book. It's so easy to let the changing face of the countryside slip passed. I only noticed two days ago that the horse chestnut tree outside out house is in full flower. How could that happen without me noticing!
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Busy lady that’s how Daisy.

I use Audible on my Ipad, pretty light reader really.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                  X