Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriends

Collapse
X

Girlfriends

Is anyone watching the new Kay Mellor series?
    It started last night and seems very promising, with a good cast.

The writer discusses her latest drama and why there needs to be more opportunities for older women.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I watched it , I wasn't to sure to be honest but it turned out to be good although I kept thinking of Phylis Logan being in Downton Abby
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We recorded it, I always like Kay Mellors writings so will watch with interest.
      "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

I recorded it as well. usually enjoy anything that Kay Mellor has written.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I thought it looked interesting, but, as I so often do, forgot to record it!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Watched it, good cast, not sure where it is going but I will watch the next episode.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Yes I watched, wasn't going to but it seems ok. I will have to see another one to decide, if I like it.

Comment

I thought it was good but I tend to like anyKay Mellor writes. She never just sticks to one character with one story focusing on her /him.
                Lots of characters with several twists and turns.
                Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Kay Mellor lives not from me, well the other side of Leeds so not that near she lives in the Jewish quarter of the Leeds area although she is not Jewish she has lived in the same house many years, she is very down to earth no boasting, no bragging, when I met the girlfriends of mine before Clare died we went in the Queens hotel for coffee and she was in there a lot with the same girlfriend having afternoon tea with her, she got used to seeing us and often chatted funnily enough about girlfriends as we were always giggling ,wonderful if she thought that was a good idea for a series you never know , so I watched it with this in mind early days yet as to whether I will enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
                    I thought it looked interesting, but, as I so often do, forgot to record it!
                    Same here Daisy

Comment

Well you never know Qwerty.
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Hey Qwerty, we may see you in one the the characters!
                        A lot of the first episode was filmed in York, which was interesting to see.
                        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Come on Qwerty , which one are you, the one who forgot to blend in her concealer perhaps, or the ‘other woman ‘ who has just turned up ?
                          Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Working...
                          X